Pending Asylees Affected by 25th Aug 2020 DHS Rule

Update: i just had a call with my local social security administration, and they said that i need to apply for a ssn by myself (i applied for ssn on my i-765 application though) and for that they will book an appointment for me which will probably take another 2 3 months.
Instead of that fill form5 and get an appointment to drop that document in SSN office. You have to drop in person with valid ID.

I forgot that part honestly , but somehow I recall something like that for my kid

But whatever name you have mentioned on application would depict on EAD card
Is there any way to expedite EAD? On renewal is it same number or different number for EAD card?

Hi guys! I applied for the renewal of my i765 09 months now they received my application) ! Was using the extension (180 days) but now it has expired and I stop working! I contacted the uscis and helped me filled the e resquest! What should I do? Can I apply for unemployment or else?

Hi All,
I had my asylum interview in October 2020. On March 2022, my case status on the USCIS case tracker app reads “Decision was Mailed” but I’m curious about the details so I signed up and logged in to USCIS online portal and input my case number. There I could see “Case History” - it says March 9th at the top “Decision was mailed “ but below that is March 10 “we ordered your new card” then below that , March 9 again “we waived your fee etc etc”

im very nervous…I don’t know what’s the decision yet cus I’m out of town for work right now so I could t check my mail but I also don’t want to go back to New York and see a disappointing news. What do you think is going on here?

during the time I waited for my asylum interview decision I’ve been working with a temporary EAD (with separate application and separate case number) do you think the “we ordered your new card” on my asylum case history is referring to my old EAD card? But it’s weird cus it’s under a different case number and the date is March 10…or is it my new EAD because my case is approved?! I’m going crazy here…