Pending 2001/2002 I-485 applicants, Raise Hands ?

No. When congressional office call, they look up in the system and give an anwser immediately, while you inquiry usually sits in a queue. But of course, congressman will not help unless you are really late. Many here just think they are late.

Congressman's office will correspond with the congressional rep's who are separete bunch of people who just work with Congressman's/Senator's for all immigration issues and they generally respond quickly in a day or two and they have access to more accurate information on cases, where as when we make an inquiry with NSC, they generally initiate a query with VSC about our cases and that goes in the queue and then VSC responds to it whenever they get to it and they generally give a vague/standard reply to the query requested.
So bottom line is: You can rely on Congressman's response more than the VSC inquiry response.
tyzh said:
No. When congressional office call, they look up in the system and give an anwser immediately, while you inquiry usually sits in a queue. But of course, congressman will not help unless you are really late. Many here just think they are late.

My 2 cents

Congressman's office inquiry/follow up will go a long way if all checks have been completed and the application is just sitting/dusting some where to be adjudicated. In my case, name check has been pending for 18mon and the congressman's office said they do not get involved with security checks. ie. they will not request these checks to be expedited..

I received a letter today in response to my inquiry last month. The letter says

"Our compter systems show that your petition/application is still pending sevice consideration. Please allow 60 days to hear from this office."

Isn't this some thing I already know ?. I have allowed 843 days already ?

RD Dec 2002

Re:

My I-485 RD : June 2002

I did 4 status enquiries (each after 30/60 days):
1st - Case is pending Service Consideration
2nd - Case is pending Service Consideration
3rd - Case is pending Service Consideration
4th - Case is under review, pl wait 45/60 days.

Has anybody got a response similar to my 4th one from USCIS ??
Does it mean anything ? or is it the same as the earlier ones ??

I have contacted senator, he told me the same as 1st response.
Thereafter he has stopped responding to my queries. He is John
Corzine. I haven't sent an expedite request yet. Filed for 4th EAD.

SUMANTA, did you get any response to your expedite request ???

Thanks.

Hi GCFarmer,

Live and let live got the similar as your 4th enquiry. He got within 30 days his approval.. So you waited so long.. Hang in there buddy... you would see the light on the other side of the tunnel.

gcfarmer said:
My I-485 RD : June 2002

I did 4 status enquiries (each after 30/60 days):
1st - Case is pending Service Consideration
2nd - Case is pending Service Consideration
3rd - Case is pending Service Consideration
4th - Case is under review, pl wait 45/60 days.

Has anybody got a response similar to my 4th one from USCIS ??
Does it mean anything ? or is it the same as the earlier ones ??

I have contacted senator, he told me the same as 1st response.
Thereafter he has stopped responding to my queries. He is John
Corzine. I haven't sent an expedite request yet. Filed for 4th EAD.

SUMANTA, did you get any response to your expedite request ???

Thanks.

Any IDEA....?

I rcvd four emails from USCIS...
"On April 15, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283".....

God knows why NO approval.....

Does anyone know about this email....?
thx

How about filing writ of mandamus to get the attention of USCIS. I am seriously considering hiring an attorney to start the process. Any ideas...

http://www.visalaw.com/05feb3/2feb305.html

I would like to hear if filing this would hurt the petition. As we all were hurt by the stup USICS, please share your feelings.

Hi, guys, My Green card was approved on April 8, RD Dec. 2002; I used AP, i am out US now, what shall i do when i back US?

VA_Mclean said:
Same thing happend to me. My name check was cleared after 20 months and with in a months time my I-485 was approved. But mean wile i have put in a inquire as the processing dates and crossed my I-485 ND date.

I think you should get your i-485 in a months time.

03/12 - 4/14 Humm. :)