Pending 2001/2002 I-485 applicants, Raise Hands ?

Shall we get Rajiv K's suggestion ??

Shall we get Rajiv K's suggestion ?? on this issue ?? Whether a lawsuit is a viable option or not.

Who can do that ?

Anyone know him personally ?

Again, we wouldn't want to loose focus as to our intent here. Intent
here is only complaining about 2001/2002 I-485 applicants waiting in the
face of 2003/2004 I-485 approvals. Nothing more ..nothing less.

Can anyone/multiple of us talk to Rajiv ?

Let's propose ideas/thoughts.

Can somebody from Rajiv Khanna's office respond...??

I think people from Rajiv Khanna's office scan this Forum and read the threads...

Is it possible that somebody from Rajiv Khanna's office respond to these questions ??? OR do we send him email directly ????

my case is approved on 21 Feb

RD 10/28/02
ND 11/15/02
AP 02/21/05

good luck everyone, and hang in there Sumanta. I definitly feel your pain.

Sincerely,

Eddie

Eddie, some questions ?

Eddie,

Is it possible for you to answer the following:

Did you get any RFE ?
Did you generate any inquiries with USCIS ?
Did you contact any senator ?
Did you send expedite request ?

Would appreciate your response.

Thanks.

Amazing

Its amazing that USCIS can expedite for a RD/ND of Dec 2002 and
thinks a Sept 2002 I-485 does not meet the criteria for Expedite.

I think I have just given up. Its sheer amazing...

I did all that

Hi Gcfarmer,

I don't know if you want to call this as RFE, but I have received two letters from VSC, requesting for me to verify my "address change" with AR-11 twice. And I have done that on three separate occations.
Other than that, I have contacted Congressman Kennedy's office (no help), and every 30 day I called USCIS 800#.
I didn't contact with FBI (that was going to be my next step).

But, My lawyer says "I am lucky, she has 2001 RD applications still awaiting" ?

good luck on the narrow path of freedom!!!!

Eddie

Last edited by a moderator:
Confused...what is this letter now ....???

Does this have anything to do with any indication towards approval !!!!!

what makes you think your case will be processed ?????

eddie1560 said:
Hi Gcfarmer,

I don't know if you want to call this as RFE, but I have received two letters from VSC, requesting for me to verify my "address change" with AR-11 twice. And I have done that on three separate occations.
Other than that, I have contacted Congressman Kennedy's office (no help), and every 30 day I called USCIS 800#.
I didn't contact with FBI (that was going to be my next step).

But, My lawyer says "I am lucky, she has 2001 RD applications still awaiting" ?

good luck on the narrow path of freedom!!!!

Eddie

Add my 14 year-old daughter to the list. My wife and I got our GCs, but her case is still prending - not touched since May 2002.

Confused...what is this letter now ....???

I really don't know orangetreats,
The only thing I can advise this forum members from my GC experience is that if your I485 is pending, do not move anywhere till you get the approval. Think that USCIS is one big, confused department. When I call them (I did that on every 30 days, since VSC prosessing date passed my RD) they asked me if I moved recently, I told them yes and I also told them that I sent them AR-11 form twice. But, they keep on sending me this form and requesting me to fill up again and again. I think they were under the assumption that I was moving on different locations on every 30 days. I don't know.

good luck,

Eddie

I too honestly didn't understand the logic of how USCIS is replying to an expedite request :confused: :confused: :confused: .
I know its really hard to understand how USCIS works and I am sure that even Super Computer also will not be able to explain the trend. :D
Sumanta said:
Its amazing that USCIS can expedite for a RD/ND of Dec 2002 and
thinks a Sept 2002 I-485 does not meet the criteria for Expedite.

I think I have just given up. Its sheer amazing...

I had a quick consultation with Rajiv on name check issue

My EB2 I-485 RD is Nov 2002 and my application is delayed due to security check. I participated in the free conference call with Rajiv today and asked him what can be done. He unfortunately did not have very encouraging news for people in this boat. He said that courts will not intervene in this situation due to sensitive nature of this case. Additionally, he said it is very hard to expedite and/or bypass these checks which in many cases are several layers deep.

He said that if FBI claims that it did not receive a request from USCIS then we can file a lawsuit against FBI, CIS, etc. He also said that he has filed 3 such lawsuits this year but did not comment on the effectiveness. Other than filing lawsuit he said there are no other options (he joked about praying).

Bottomline he said that we need to stick it out or file a lawsuit. He asked me to setup a conference call with him including other people who are in similar boat and raised hands on this thread. We can discuss with him pros and cons about this route. I can setup a call with him in about a weeks time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in. Did he say anthing about those pending cases where the security check is already done? Like mine where I got an email from FBI stating that they have sent the response to USCIS long back?

Khan_bacha said:
Congratulations!

If you don't mind give us some detail.

RD Nov'01
1st FP Feb'02
... can not remember...
... multiple inquiries, congressional inquiries...
...multiple EAD, AP...
Oct'04 REF employer verification
3rd FP Dec'04
Feb. 10, 05 2nd expedit process request faxed.
Feb. 11, 05 name check done. Found it out by going to local INS office
Feb. 23 AD

orangetreats said:
Not sure if this really going to help...THis has already been done in the past I believe with no positive outcome whatsoever ....

I agree. The letters that immigrationportal.org has sent to the congress men had no effect what so ever :eek: . The only thing this INS cares about is law suit.

Congratulations... bx8

Finally its your day ..

Can you please let us know how you found out that the name check was done by going to local INS.

RD Mar 26 2002

expidate process

hi ,

I have called them and requested for expidate process rqst. Is it different from sending a FAX and requesting for expidate process.

-srini