PCC Tracking - Chennai Feb Interview

acehart

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Some of us know Chennai Feb interview dates and others will know on Monday. Earlier Chennai did not need PCC from local Indian consulate in US and neither is it mentioned on DS-169 we have sent to Chennai. But, recently Chennai website has been updated with infomation that we are required to produce PCC from local Indian consulate in US.

Let us track our PCC status in this thread. I shall periodically compile this information and repost it in the same thread.

Please post your information in this format. Also feel free to post any additional details you consider important in column comments.

Format

CP American Consulate - Chennai
Indian Consultate in US -
PCC Applied on -
PCC Received -
PP office in India (Self) -
PP office in India (dependents) -

Comments :

No Title

Indian Consultate in US - NY
PCC Applied on - 28th Dec. 2002
PCC Received -
PP office in India (Self) - Chennai
PP office in India (dependents) - Chennai

Comments: I wonder why we need the PP office in India. I am not planning to get one from India as Consulate has made clear that it is sufficient to get one from the regional consulate.

Costa, you do not need one from India

But your PCC is cleared by PP office in India. Indian consulate in US talks directly with PP office in India and once it they get a green from PP office India, they give you PCC. I have included that column so that people can observe clearance trend from PP office in India

PCC details (SFO)

Indian Consultate in US - SFO
PCC Applied on - 3rd January 2002
PCC Received - not yet
PP office in India (Self) - Hyd
PP office in India (dependents) - Vishakapatnam

mine

PCC Applied on - Jan 7th
PCC Received - Not yet
PP office in India - Hyd

How does one find out if the PCC was cleared in India? Also, Is anyone considering getting it done in India at the RPO?

Gandalf, you can expedite the process by sending someone to

PPO in India (H\'bad in your case)and requesting guys out there (dunno who exactly) to reply to the telex they have received from SFO. This is what I was told by the lady who handles PCC in Indian consulate Chicago and assume similar procedure is applicable at consulate in SFO. I\'m not sure whether you can get it done in RPO in India itself though. At least I\'m not considering that. My PP was issued from B\'lore and do not have anyone there. So, will have to wait till guys out there pick up my papers on their own and respond to Chicago\'s request.

By the way do you party a lot?

Mine

PCC Applied on - Jan 7th
PCC Received - Not yet
PP office in India - Hyd
PP office in India(Dependent) - Hyd

Chennai Feb Interview

Acehart

What do you mean some of us know Feb int dates? Did you call the consulate to find out the date? Please clarify, I am waiting for the web site to be updated hopefully by Monday or Tuesday.

Regards

aceheart

Atleast for B\'lore PP office and CGNY without any expeditation, it took approx. 2 weeks for CGNY to call me back for my wifes PCC and an additional week for me to actually send the PP and get the PCC. So I think you should be fine and get your PCC maybe in an additional week and worst to worst you could always drive to Chicago and pick it up, so do not worry .....

Question on PCC requirement.

I am about 3 months away from CP at Chennai. There has been a lot of confusion on the PCC issue so far. Is it enough for CP applicants just to get the PCC from the local Indian consulate here in US ?? The chennai US consulate announced recently in newspapers that they also need one from local police station in India.

My lawyer also emailed me that I need to get both. Could you pls clarify this ?/

PCC received

Indian Consultate in US - Washington DC
PCC Applied on - 6th Dec 2001
PCC Received - 6th Jan 2002
PP office in India (Self) - Blore
PP office in India (dependents) - Blore

Do we also need to get pcc from local police station

gabbar007 can you post your PCC details!

I suppose CGNY means consulate general of NY, even I have applied with them. I haven\'t received a call from them yet, maybe B\'lore PP office is fast to react. My details is in the top of the thread, can you provide yours.

Thanks.

costa

I dont remember all the dates, but I had applied for my wife\'s PCC on 18th Dec at New York and I have already received it last week.

Request to Santha

Santha,

Can you please delete your message santha 1/12/02 4:56pm

and repost it as a new message

This way, I can always keep only one summary message at the top of the thread.

My details

Indian Consultate in US - Chicago
PCC Applied on - 31 December 2001
PCC Received - Cleared for my wife
PCC Received - No updated in my case
PP office in India (Self) - Chennai
PP office in India (dependents) - Visakhapatnam

Looks like Vizag people are working very sincere. In my wife\'s case (passport from Vizag) Chicago faxed on 31/12 and they cleared on 01/08. Whereas in my case (Chennai passport office), Chicago faxed it on 01/02 but no reply yet from Chennai. I am hoping they reply in next couple of days.

****** SUMMARY *******

This thread is reserved for summary only. Please do not hit reply. You can post your message by choosing \'Post Message\' instead of \'Reply\'