PCC from Indian consulate at Chicago

thanks for the tip..my passport is from the Bangalore office too - yikes! gawd it will be the best day the day i am out of this GC,PR mess and go back home! just cooling my heels for a few more years

Disgusted with the slackers at Chicago Consulate

I too am having the same problem. No one seems to pick up the phone, no matter when you call them. I left voicemails and they are promptly ignored. After trying about a 100 times, I was able to get someone live twise and both of them promptly asked me for my details and told me that someone would call me back. It has been a week since then and I haven't gotten a call....I am so frustrated and disgusted with these people.

I will definitely be sending a written complaint.

Incredible....

Incredible india - Our Ministry of tourism’s new endeavor to bring in more tourists to India....check (http://www.incredibleindia.org),

Well this has nothing to with this post, but my recent (horrendous) experience with the Chicago Indian consulate proved how “incredible” they(we ?)are.
Anyway I don’t want to start a rant here. Thought these phone numbers will be useful for future PCC applicants…

BTW: The information on their Chicago Indian consulate website is not consistent in all the pages.
Fax:

312-595-0418 - All Miscellaneous services (PCC comes under this service) Fax must be sent to this number for faster turn around time
Phones: This numbers can be reached only after 3.00pm CST (on weekdays only)

312-595-1413 (this is a direct number...he sits across the PCC mam, tell him u been waiting for the PCC for last 3mths, he will transfer.)

312-595-0405

Ext: 227 for PCC (...the honoroble PCC mam will never pick her phone)

Direct Numbers (can be reached throughout the business day):
I would also recommend using the following numbers in moderation

312-595-0411
312-595-0415

312-595-1413 (...you can bug this guy )

And please dont forget to send an email to washington abt our beloved chicago consulars.

Best of luck.

-7Zen

just to let u all know that my email complaint to the Washington embassy worked last month and someone from the Chicago consulate contacted me regd my case..finally today the lady from extn 227 called and said the same thing which was said to 'sabspin' earlier - no response from Bangalore for 2 months, so they are going to issue the PCC without any clearance..!

PCC from INdian Regional Passport office

Folks

I need your help. I read on another thread that you can get your PCC from india in one day from regional passport office. Can you please tell me what addresses should you enter in the Miscellaneous form at the local passport office. Should you include your US address and Indian address in "temporary adress" and "Permenant address" respectively? Or your US address for both temp and permenant address?

Please let me know as I am trying to get my PCC from Indian Regional passport office too for the sake of getting it quickely.

Thanks,
logiclife.

logiclife,

I guess you should include your US address and Indian address in "temporary adress" and "Permenant address" respectively
If your passport is issued from any of the indian consulate in the US then , its better to get the PCC from them, cause sometimes the indian reginonal passport office wont honor your PCC request, because the passport is not issued from that office.

Good luck.

weird reply from Chicago boys!

I was interacting with this person on email at the Chicago consulate and this is what he replies!

"Since I do not know you, please do not repeat not address your communication by first name. And always use the title."

Should we assume we are in India and talk to Indians in US the same way?

Well he is behaving like any other person you find in a goverment office in India --- the Indifferent attitude, the sad part is that living in the US will not improve or change them in anyway.They will continue the same way forever.
Even the website of the Chicago consulate is badly designed and in such poor taste. It really embarasses me at times.

what are the good phone numbers to call to check whether PCC referal is complete for the Chicago consulate whether they could issue the PCC and what time would be a good time to call them. I called multiple times at 312 595 0405-227 but nobody picks. Please assist me.

Pcc

Hi ,
Iam in the same situation.I applied for first stage on july 2006 and till today no response from Chicago Consulate . I have tried all numbers from 312-595-0405 to 0410 .

It keeps on ringing for 10 mins and nobody picks up . There is no voice mail also . The Chicago Consulate is about 5 hrs drive for me .So thinking of going there directly.Has anyone tried this .

Thanks