PCC for Chennai Post

PCC from Indian Embassy.

Hi,

I recently applied for the PCC from the Indian Embassy in Washington DC, i have received it in 2 weeks. It totally cost 95$ including mailing expense for me and my wife.

Chicago Consulate mentioned it would take a minimum of 45 days.

If time is essence, please contact DC indian Consulate General Office.

Re: PCC from Indian Embassy.

Originally posted by heynow
Hi,

I recently applied for the PCC from the Indian Embassy in Washington DC, i have received it in 2 weeks. It totally cost 95$ including mailing expense for me and my wife.

Chicago Consulate mentioned it would take a minimum of 45 days.

If time is essence, please contact DC indian Consulate General Office.

For the benefit of the forum, clarify if your passports were issued
by the consulate here, OR back in India.

If the candidate has the option of choosing the consulate (irrespective of where they reside) then that would help.

Raju

heynow:

In addition to raju's questions if you could answer how/ why $95 for 2 PCC that would help! I was under the impression $20 per pcc and another $30-35 for fedex both ways>

I got it from Indian Embassy, Washington DC, because of the fact that it is faster, when i checked with the DC office, they mentioned that they could also issue the PCC, even thou Chicago is the closest.

If the person(s) applying are from the same passport issuing location, it would be 20$ for the verification + 20$ for each certificate + 15$ for mailing expenses. So it would be 75$.

In my case, the PP was from 2 different cities. So it is 20*2 for Verification + 20*2 for PCC + 15$ certificate.

In case of sending it to DC, we can send one single Money Order or Cashiers Check along with all the necessary passport. Please also mention in a covering letter, that you are requesting a PCC for US Immigration officials.

In case of sending to Chicago, you will have to send 40$ or 20$ based on above explained situation first, it takes 45 days to get the verification, then we have to send the Passport + 55$ towards getting the PCC and 15$ for mailing, and this might take 10 - 15 days.