Path after PD is Current

ordinaria

Registered Users (C)
Dear Gurus -

I have been a member of this forum for a few years, reading and answering to some post, and now I need some help (mostly, your honest opinion) as I am not sure which route to take.
I would really appreciated if you took a moment to read this post and tell me your thoughts are.

I am EB3, ROW, PD = July 21 2005
On sixth year of H1B (exp. March 08)

My company is not doing well (it's been on the verge of going under since 2002) and I am afraid that they will go under around Jan. 08 (I think we should be okay until then - not sure what will happen after that).

I was thinking to do CP in Madrid, Spain, as it will be faster and I am not sure about the financial situation of my company (I also hate my job and make no money, but that's besides the point)

However, if the dates retrogress in 2008, CP might be a mistake.
But if I do AOS and get my EAD, my company might go under before I ever get my GC. (These are two worst case scenarios)

In the best-case scenario, I do CP in Madrid, get my appointm. in Oct., ROW is not retrogressed and I have my GC before my H1B expires.

What do you guys think? I am really stressed out about this matter and really really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

You can't predict the processing time and it is risky to rely on prediction.
The problem with CP is you are not covered by AC21 in case that your company goes down. AOS is way to go in your case.

How long does AOS usually take?
I heard average is 1 - 3 years....
I'm in New York - that would be VSC, right?

Can you give more details? I guess you already have your 140 and have applied for 485?
Depending on whether or not you've applied for I-485 you could be protected by AC21 and you can look for another (similar) job.

THANKS FOR REPLYING TO MY POST
I really appreciate it.

nj_skm - My I-140 is approved, but have not submitted my I-485 b/c of retrogression. I was planning on doing CP or AOS in July