Passport stamping

zeek

Registered Users (C)
My son's I-485 was approved, but he hasn't received his plastic card yet. We are planning to travel to our home country at the end of the year, so if we don’t receive his card before then, we’d like to take an infopass appointment and get his passport stamped at the local office. Except for his I-485 approval notice and passport, what do we need to bring to the appointment? Do we need to show airplane tickets or evidence of why we need to travel? If somebody could share their experience, that would be great.

zeek said:
My son's I-485 was approved, but he hasn't received his plastic card yet. We are planning to travel to our home country at the end of the year, so if we don’t receive his card before then, we’d like to take an infopass appointment and get his passport stamped at the local office.
Except for his I-485 approval notice and passport, what do we need to bring to the appointment?
---that is enough
Do we need to show airplane tickets or evidence of why we need to travel?
---------- not needed but if you have take it with you
If somebody could share their experience, that would be great.

** once you get passport stamp then check with airline if your son need Transit visa
Check:
TRANSIT VISA SITE
http://www.delta.com/planning_reser...formation/visa_passport_information/index.jsp

How do passport stamping works? what are the requirements?
My minor son finished his biometrics and he has already A#.
NO GC yet on the mail and it was already 3 1/2 years.
Does this mean he could have his passport stamped as proof of his GC holder?

Thanks

No Passport Stamping

Our case is approved 11/28. Still no actual card yet.

Our case was in Atlanta.

Since Atlanta is more than 5 hours away. New Orleans is less than 3 hours.

We went to New Orleans today instead of Atlanta for stamping.

We took our "big interview folder" with us just in case.

We gave our
-Driving License
-infopass appt.
-Approval Letter
-Passport

My wife had her driving license with our old address in a different state. Since she is still a student in the old state, we did not change her license. They made a big fuss about it.

They did not accept advance parole paper with a photo ID with a new address.

They insisted to see a photo ID with a new address. They said a lease or mortgage paper is acceptable.

They said:

"We cannot stamp your passport, because, your approval is not showing in the system. We have your contact info. If there is change, we will contact you"

We reserved our plane tickets for early May.

Any advice?

Further question on passport stamping

Hi

I recived approval of my I485s in Aug 2006. While my wife and I received our Permanent Resident cards (Green cards) shortly thereafter, my two children (under the age of 3) have not received their cards (they have not had their biometrics taken). I plan to get their passports stamped mentioning temporary evidence of I-551 or permanent resident status. I have taken an infopass appointment with the local office in the bay area for the same. I wanted to know the following:

1. Is it required that I take my kids for this appointment?

Highly appreciate your advice on this. Thanks.

ramc2006

Hi

I recived approval of my I485s in Aug 2006. While my wife and I received our Permanent Resident cards (Green cards) shortly thereafter, my two children (under the age of 3) have not received their cards (they have not had their biometrics taken). I plan to get their passports stamped mentioning temporary evidence of I-551 or permanent resident status. I have taken an infopass appointment with the local office in the bay area for the same. I wanted to know the following:

1. Is it required that I take my kids for this appointment?
------------------Yes
Highly appreciate your advice on this. Thanks.

ramc2006
-----------