Passport stamping or directly receiving card

kathy_da

Registered Users (C)
Recently I have started seeing one or two people post that they received the card directly w/o going for passport stamping. Is this the current trend? Or do most people continue to go for passport stamping after receiving the 485 approval notice?
People who recently got approvals , please post your experience.
I am keen getting this information on cases approved by VSC.
Thanks in advance.

kathy_da said:
Recently I have started seeing one or two people post that they received the card directly w/o going for passport stamping. Is this the current trend? Or do most people continue to go for passport stamping after receiving the 485 approval notice?
People who recently got approvals , please post your experience.
I am keen getting this information on cases approved by VSC.
Thanks in advance.
Check the VSC 2004 consolidated tracker, you will see such posts.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1115742#post1115742

For me , they approved and our online messages changed

On May 4, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

I belive in a week or 2 we will get a card , if you take code- 3 FP then mostly they are adding card by themselves including children in my case

senthil

same position. But my lawyer suggested to go for stamping though it's not mentioned in the letter.

My letter said they would send me my card in 120 days.

BUT I had not had the biometrics done when I got my last EAD. That is signature, index fingerprint and photos. Beacuse of this my lawyer said to go get the stamp because they will have to fill in the I-89 form, which includes the index print your signature and to bring 2 passport photos. SO today thats what I did. I had my infopass appointment. Without it they won't even let you in the door. My spouse and me went in on the same appointment even though I had made 2 appointments.
The agent asked for approval letter, passport, AP, EAD and photos. She took our fingerprint, we signed the form, and she stamped our passports. All in all it took 10 minutes. WHoooo Hooooooo. Now just wait for the card.

grunggy,

Congratulations on your stamping. I had a qn: I recently got my 485 approved and since then trying to make a infopass appt. Whenever I try (for the past 5 days), I get this message: "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."

What does this mean?? Can I walkin to the local office and try?