passport stamped, need help!!!

gckosam

Registered Users (C)
Got passport stamped this morning (I-551). I carried the original approval notice that I received from the attorney. That has a my lawyer's address and no one asked me to change it.

Would the plastic card go to my lawyer ?
Can I go to INS and explain them what happend and have them change the address on the approval notice to mine ?

Input is highly appreciated.

RD 10/1/2001
RFE 10/7/02
AD 02/06/03
Passport stamped today.

I am going to stamp tomorrow. Do you know whether I can use the courtesy copy because my lawyer has the original one? And my passport is valid through 5/2003. Could this be any problem?
thanks a lot,

I think your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months.

Originally posted by happynow
I am going to stamp tomorrow. Do you know whether I can use the courtesy copy because my lawyer has the original one? And my passport is valid through 5/2003. Could this be any problem?
thanks a lot,

To gckosam:
The card will come to your residence and NOT to the lawyer. It is normal for the 485 approval to go to the lawyer tho'. No change of address is required unless your address stated in the 485 Appl is different than your current address.

To happynow:
Courtesy Copy is enough for stamping. I am a living proof! Passport validity normally must be atleast 6 months but you can try.

I have submitted original at the time of stamping. But they clearly asked where do I want the card to be sent and requested to change the address on the original. I have changed it to my address.

If passport validity is less than 6 months INS will issue a separate card with stamp on it and your phot affixed. My colleague got that card. It looks similar to I-94. I have also observed this at the time of stamping as some people got it. It should not be a problem at all. Nothing to worry.

Thanks! upstate_ny/gentle breeze, but..

Thanks for your input.

Upstate_NY: Did you had to change the address, at the time of stamping.

gentle_breeze: one of my friends' got stamped recently, even for him them asked to change the address.

What you all think! Is it gonna to my lawyer ? Since I just got it stamped, can I goto the local INS and explain them what happend request them to change the address.

Need you guy's guidance.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sofar, all INS correspondance goes to my lawyer. I have n't got even courtesy copies to my home address. I am thinking of asking INS to send the card to my home address instead of lawyers'.
Is any one there who never received any letter from INS to your home address? Is this common ?

-Sajyra