Passport stamp on entering Canada

MasterArcht

Registered Users (C)
Do the Canadian land border officials routinely stamp your passport when you enter Canada from the US? If not, can one ask them to stamp the passport so that we have a record showing the date of entry into Canada?

Do the Canadian land border officials routinely stamp your passport when you enter Canada from the US?
If not, can one ask them to stamp the passport so that we have a record showing the date of entry into Canada?
---------------------you can ask for the stamp if you want the stamp in passport.normaly when you enter Canada from US by Car they just ask what is your status and if you say” Permanent resident of Canada” or Returning resident and they don’t stamp the passport
------------------

Thank you for the reply. I'm actually a US Permanent Resident, but I guess it doesn't really make a difference. They will just ask for my status and ask to see my Greencard only and not the passport?

They do ask for the passport as I was just there!

Thank you for the reply. I'm actually a US Permanent Resident, but I guess it doesn't really make a difference. They will just ask for my status and ask to see my Greencard only and not the passport?
They do and look at it. They even asked me why I was driving a renatal car :confused:

Details?

They do want to see the passport? A lot of people said just the greencard is sufficient, so that is news to me. Can you provide more details about your experience? What kind of questions did they ask you? What else did they want to see in the car?