Passport Rush is ON!!!!

I had scheduled my apptmt for 9:30 AM today.... I am glad that I can atleast get it by Thursday as we are traveling on Friday.

Great to hear you got it worked out. Hope that the passport is ready on time and that the will call line is quick for you on Thursday. And have an enjoyable trip with your family.

will it delayed regular processing if too many people make appointment and need passprt in rush ? just curious ..

Do you have a feeling that there is no passport rush this time? It seems that CBP is being lenient with people for now, so that will give people some time to apply for passport. Most people already did when the air travel rules were implemented. I wouldn't expect the same amount of trouble this time. From everything I have read in the past few weeks it doesn't seem there has been a passport deluge of applications.

Great to hear you got it worked out. Hope that the passport is ready on time and that the will call line is quick for you on Thursday. And have an enjoyable trip with your family.

Thank you Sri! I got my passport as promised. Just had to stand in the line twice since they did not have my passport the first time. It wasn't a big deal since there were hardly 10 people. Hooray!

Thank you Sri! I got my passport as promised. Just had to stand in the line twice since they did not have my passport the first time. It wasn't a big deal since there were hardly 10 people. Hooray!

glad to hear that.

When you went there to submit the application form, did they give the naturalization certificate right back to you? Or did they keep it until your return to pick up the passport?

Good news Zephyr.

glad to hear that.

When you went there to submit the application form, did they give the naturalization certificate right back to you? Or did they keep it until your return to pick up the passport?

They keep the certificate until the passport is ready. They don't staple it like they do at the PO, instead using a clip, and then return the cert in a large size envelope. So the cert was just like new after the PP.

I have only received the passport. I got something in writing in the same mail saying that certificate will come in seperate mail

Good news Zephyr.

They keep the certificate until the passport is ready. They don't staple it like they do at the PO, instead using a clip, and then return the cert in a large size envelope. So the cert was just like new after the PP.

Not for me :mad: They stapled the cert to the form and returned it folded up pn a small envolope :eek:

Not for me :mad: They stapled the cert to the form and returned it folded up pn a small envolope :eek:

Ouch, that's a drag. I specifically mentioned to the first attendant that it would be appreciated if they didn't staple it. He kindly obliged and placed it in the middle of the paperwork then used a clip instead of the stapler. Maybe by default they go for the staple happy approach.

Makes you wonder if they've ever thought of putting staples and making oragami out of their own university diplomas. sigh.

I was able to get same day Passport from NYC Passport agency. I got there at about 9:45am. Took me about 10 minutes to get the token. It said 31 minute wait time but it took about 55 minutes before my number was called. Once I submitted all the paper work the Officer gave me a receipt for same day collection at 3:00pm. I was able to get my passport at 3:45pm.
Onething I noticed, they do not check or verify your appointment number. I think walk-in is allowed. However in order to get the same day passport you must be travelling on the same day or the next day. In my case I had a reservation after 2 days and the Officer wasn't willing to give me passport on the same day. I then requested him that I will be wasting another day just to collect the passport.
NYC Passport Agency seems to be sophisticated, at Passport collection window there's no line. They will call your name. Of course those who missed it have to form a queue to check if their passport is ready and if it isn't then you go have a seat and wait for your name to be called.

As there is clearly no rush on passports this time around, may I suggest people to open a new thread to track passport issues? Should this thread be closed? I'm afraid that people who read the title of the thread get the wrong impression that there are big passport delays as we had a couple of years ago when they implemented the air travel passport requirements. This has not happened this time. Except for very minor punctual long lines in southern communities there has not been a national backlog or delay on passports that I'm aware of ;)

glad to hear that.

They kept the nat. certificate and returned it with the passport.

I'm able to get PPB, PPC and nat cert back in one envelop. It took 3 weeks for normal processing in NYC. I applied in mid May if that helps.
The tracking site says 4-6 weeks but obviously less than that.