Passport re-stampingto fix mistake?

kerberos72

Registered Users (C)
Passport re-stampingto to fix mistake?

Got stamped on Dec 30, 2004, but the officer made a mistake on the A number for 1 digit. I was planning on traveling soon, so I made an appointment using infopass, the only problem is that I am traveling for work to another city, so I made the appointment in another city.

Does anybody knows how soon they update their records? Can an district office in another city have access to the computer records so they can stamp my passport with the correct A number?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
kerberos72 said:
Got stamped on Dec 30, 2004, but the officer made a mistake on the A number for 1 digit. I was planning on traveling soon, so I made an appointment using infopass, the only problem is that I am traveling for work to another city, so I made the appointment in another city.
------ I would have gone to same Local USCIS where they did mistake on A#
Does anybody knows how soon they update their records?
------ it takes 10 minute to do that in CLAIMS
Can an district office in another city have access to the computer records
--YES
so they can stamp my passport with the correct A number?
----- I think they can do, take your I-485 filing reciept or copy or any document from USCIS that shows your name and correct A#
*** as you got stamped on may will also be incorrect, if that happens then better fill up the form I-90 take two passport style photographs and again go to Local USCIS to correct the info on the cardand they will make new card( new card may take 3-4 months after you visit Local USCIS with incorrect card to be replaced )
Thanks a lot

Just wanted to give you an update.

I made an infopass appointment in Boston (initially stamped in Atlanta but traveling for work) Went over there and the person in charge of the tickets told me that she would direct me to the Questions line because she was not sure my A number was incorrect. After waiting 1 hour for the number to advance 3 persons. I was called I explained to the officer the mistake and showed him I485 receipt and Welcome letter. To my surprise he checked in the computer, cancelled my previous stamp and stamp the passport again adding a note explaining why a new stamp was necessary. It took him 2 minutes. He had the stamps right there on the window.

I wonder if these guys know all the power that hey have on people's lifes.

In general it was a pleasent experience I thought it would be somehow harder.

Good luck to you all

kerberos72 said:
Just wanted to give you an update.

I made an infopass appointment in Boston (initially stamped in Atlanta but traveling for work) Went over there and the person in charge of the tickets told me that she would direct me to the Questions line because she was not sure my A number was incorrect. After waiting 1 hour for the number to advance 3 persons. I was called I explained to the officer the mistake and showed him I485 receipt and Welcome letter. To my surprise he checked in the computer, cancelled my previous stamp and stamp the passport again adding a note explaining why a new stamp was necessary. It took him 2 minutes. He had the stamps right there on the window.

I wonder if these guys know all the power that hey have on people's lifes.

In general it was a pleasent experience I thought it would be somehow harder.

Good luck to you all

----- officer has corrected #A on passport stamp, if the same wrong A# was entred on white form that you signed and fingerprined (when first time went for passport stamping then your card may also have wrong A# on it, did you ask that A# on card be correct?? if the A# on card is incorrect then again you have to visit local USCIS

Glad for you, kerberos72.

The lesson to the others, i think you should check your A number on stamp before you leave the INS office. I know we did in our case.

The office checked the number in his computer and matched number on my i485 receipt and welcome letter. Number in 1st stamp was off by one digit.
Since welcome letter has the correct A number I am hoping the greencard will come with the correct number

I will update when the card comes in the mail

kerberos72 said:
The office checked the number in his computer and matched number on my i485 receipt and welcome letter. Number in 1st stamp was off by one digit.

Since welcome letter has the correct A number I am hoping the greencard will come with the correct number
------- if welcome letter has the correct A number then card will have correct A#
I will update when the card comes in the mail