Passport issue: What happens if.....

You're flying into the USA and as you sleep someone pinches your US passport wallet with all the documents therein including your ID's and you are unable to recover them? Will USCIS deny you entry?
KG

No. You'll be taken into secondary, and probably grilled. Once they locate records of your citizenship, you will be let in. I'm not sure what they'd do about the theft though, since you'd be claiming that someone on the plane is a thief. Would they search everyone?

Interesting. Makes a lot of sense. I highly doubt they would search anyone. Not even the passenger(s) seated next to you as that would violate all sorts of laws I would assume. Also it isn't a high priority crime I would think, and the police (if any) would have to be called in to investigate and all they would do is take a statement as they do for these low level crimes in most cities. Good to know about the lost passport issue! Would be a real nightmare if one had to go back to the point of origin and retrace their steps from scratch

KG

Last edited by a moderator:
How many cans of Molson beer will be added to TheRealCanadian - ji's fridge as a result of this action :D? He is a funny papa indeed.

MG