Passport expiry/ 7th yr extn/ Travel related

agna

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

Heres the situation:

Husband's passport expiry in Sep 2006. His H1b visa / i-94 expiry on 25 Jan 2006. My H4 visa/i-94 expiry on jan 25 2006 / 4th Feb 2006 respectively. GC (Labor pending in Federal 1 year+)

1) WHEN is it ideal for his company to do extension for 7th year (planning for premium proc.). Based on his situation,

2) is it wise to apply for new passport and then do extension or this is not to be confused together?

3) Seeing lot of discrepancies INS has on passport expiry even if status year is far ahead , how do we revalidate for his visa and when?

4) How long does it take to get a new passport?

5) If we r planning to go to India before extension in April- Jun 2005, will it affect when we return back while they issue i-94. OR Will there be any issues while going and coming back during hte 7th year.

Please advice on documentation for Passport renewal and extension.

PLEASE help! Thanks in advance

Husband's passport expiry in Sep 2006. His H1b visa / i-94 expiry on 25 Jan 2006.
--- He is OK and can go out and come back with Visa stamp till Jan 2006. his passport is expiring in September 2006, he can get new passport from nearest Indian consulate in 2-3 days(many got in same day) check the nearest Indian consulate website and look for info how many days advance of PP expiry you can apply for new passport.
My H4 visa/i-94 expiry on Jan 25 2006 / 4th Feb 2006 respectively.

GC (Labor pending in Federal 1 year+)

1) WHEN is it ideal for his company to do extension for 7th year (planning for premium proc.). Based on his situation,
------ any day before 25 Jan 2006 or before his I-94 expiry date, they can send 7th year H1 extension 6 months advance or before 25 Jan 2006. Why are you worried for 7th year? It is 2004 and your spouse H1 is valid till 2006, LC may get approved and he may file I-140, I-485, EAD, AP, I am positive his LC will get approved before 2006.
2) is it wise to apply for new passport and then do extension or this is not to be confused together?
----- Get new passport and then apply extension
3) Seeing lot of discrepancies INS has on passport expiry even if status year is far ahead, how do we revalidate for his visa and when?
------ Did not understand your question, write in plain English I am very week in English or I feel these are unnecessary questions being asked when the person has H1visa till 2006
4) How long does it take to get a new passport?
---- Go to nearest Indian consulate site and read or call them

Please advice on documentation for Passport renewal and extension.
----------Go to nearest Indian consulate site and read or call them or go to Indian embassy site of DC read the info.

Thanks Ginnu, i really appreciate your time and patience.

I guess if anyone feels like answering they can write or avoid, but Just for the statements which said "unnecessary worry on our situation", yeah well, may be of insecurity in this whole hungma of US life has made me paranoid. hence, a little forward in asking queries here. There are times even if we are too organized, luck and events turn bad, so better to be safe from our side, huh?

I really appreciate all your help! Thanks!