Passport Expedite Fee Refund......

I don't think you would be eligible for a refund unless your passport took significantly longer than 3-4 weeks to be processed. That is the processing time they quote now which is still much faster than the 3-4 months regular processing takes and so you would have a very good reason to believe that your application was not expedited although you paid the $60 fee.

-KM

Does any one received refund of expedite fee $60?

I sent in a snail mail and couple of emails..so far nothing..not even an acknowledgement...I suppose Govt. really doesn't care..in this case..State Dept..

I don't think you would be eligible for a refund unless your passport took significantly longer than 3-4 weeks to be processed.
-KM

Expedited usually took no more than 7-10 days, these days its 2-3 weeks..and if it has taken 3-4 weeks, you are eligible to apply for refund and refund is decided on case by case basis...

Last edited by a moderator:
Expedited usually took no more than 7-10 days, these days its 2-3 weeks..and if it has taken 3-4 weeks, you are eligible to apply for refund and refund is decided on case by case basis...

Unlike USCIS premium processing they do not quote a timeframe exceeding which you are eligible for a refund. The wording is "if you have reason to believe you did not receive expedited processing" and if you got your passport in 3-4 weeks (or even 5-6 for that matter) the fact is that your application was expedited (considering the fact that regular processing is now taking 3 months or more). I think it is futile to request a refund (I got my passport in 3.5 weeks and am quite satisfied with that).

-KM

kagemusha;1749004 I think it is futile to request a refund (I got my passport in 3.5 weeks and am quite satisfied with that). -KM[/QUOTE said:
If you are satisfied, I don't think you would have posted an inquiry here..

what I had suggested was the normal processing times when I applied.
The processing times change often so depending on when you applied and what the current(or normal) processing times were and if you think you didnt receive it expedited, you can certainly apply for refund.

I have to admit that I was considering asking for a refund too when 3 weeks had passed and my passport hadn't shown up yet. However after reading the rather vague wording on the State Department website I realized that I probably did not have a good case for claiming that my application was not expedited (3.5 weeks still seems fast compared to regular processing).

Good luck with your refund and please do let us know if you hear anything back from them.

-KM

I got expedite processing fee refund for both me and my wife. I just sent email with details after a month I got reply back saying our applications were qualified and I should receive refund. Actually on Friday we got a check.

It's ramdom the way 'expedited' is interpreted. There are only a few select
'passport centers' in the USA and doesn't matter if you live close to one. I have heard expedite to be anywhere from 5 days to 4 weeks. The Dept of State issued a statement that passport process is back to normal i.e 6 weeks for regular and 2-4 weeks for expedited processes.

For the fiscal year 2007, close to 17 million passports were issued.