Passport books and cards received in 10 days. Regular process.

Visio2000

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I applied passport books and cards on 9/12/2008 and the books arrived on 9/19/2008 and cards arrived 9/22/2008. Citizenship certificates also returned to us on 9/22/2008.

We did not pay the expedited service ($60 for each person) or over night ($14.85 additional for each person). We did not even mention that we have any recent travel plan. This is fast.

The passport book were issued on 9/15 and cards were issued on 9/17. Then took a few days to arrive to our home.

I am so glad that we do not have to suffer the long waiting life under USCIS (Our N400 took 27 months. Very straight cases and no any complications).

Visio2000,

where did you apply for the passport? I applied for passports on 9/12 in PO and still waiting for it. I called passport office 800 number and was told that it will take four weeks.

Thanks

My wife and I applied passport books and cards on 9/12/2008 and the books arrived on 9/19/2008 and cards arrived 9/22/2008. Citizenship certificates also returned to us on 9/22/2008.

We did not pay the expedited service ($60 for each person) or over night ($14.85 additional for each person). We did not even mention that we have any recent travel plan. This is fast.

The passport book were issued on 9/15 and cards were issued on 9/17. Then took a few days to arrive to our home.

I am so glad that we do not have to suffer the long waiting life under USCIS (Our N400 took 27 months. Very straight cases and no any complications).

Wow, that's quick! I applied on 9/15 and I'm still waiting. I opted for overnight delivery, but applied via regular process. The postal clerk told me that it takes about 4 weeks (which seems like an exaggerated estimate, judging from timelines seen on this forum) and the DOS website states that it's currently taking 3 weeks. My tracking status still hasn't appeared on the website either, although I've heard that it's about as accurate as the USCIS case status online. The wait continues...

We live in NJ. The apssport mailed back from DC.
We applied in a township office, which is not my own township.
My own township office only takes applications on Tue. Wed. Thur. 9 - 12 and by appointment only, which have booked for next 2 weeks. The neighbore township office take application 5 days a week 9 - 5, no appointment needed and no matter if you live in their town or not.

Many post office also require appointment and one that I called even does not process passort card. So before you go, check multiple places aound you in http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/ and call them to verify.

DOS passport status tracking is a joke. I just checked again and it still tells that I shoould receive my passport book in 4 weeks from the date I applied. Actually I have received it for almost 1 week. The value of tracking system is to provide you a application locator number. Others are all standard stuff. When we applied, the township clerk also told us that it would take 4 - 6 weeks.

How much is the total for the passport + PassCard ?

I'm probably worried about nothing, but it's been 10 days since I submitted my passport application and its status still doesn't appear in the DOS tracking. Is this is a cause for concern?

Status for my spouse passport app changed only after we received the PP.

Status updates are not 100% reliable.

Status updates are not 100% reliable.

I figured as such. The status of my application finally appeared online last night, 10 days after I submitted it. I guess I won't be as lucky as most other passport applicants on this forum and actually receive it within 10 days. Oh well...

I figured as such. The status of my application finally appeared online last night, 10 days after I submitted it. I guess I won't be as lucky as most other passport applicants on this forum and actually receive it within 10 days. Oh well...

i applied for pp on 9/12, my status is still now showing up.

i applied for pp on 9/12, my status is still now showing up.

I just received my passport today. I paid extra for overnight delivery, otherwise it probably would have taken a couple of more days to arrive.

I applied for passport book and passport card on 9/19. I got the book back the same day as I was traveling the next day. I got the passport card on 9/25 which is about 3-4 business days.

I live in NJ and applied in NY.

i applied for pp on 9/12 in CA, my status is still now showing up.

Still same status after 20 days. Passport status is "Your passport application was not found. It is possible your application has not made it into our system yet."

Still same status after 20 days. Passport status is "Your passport application was not found. It is possible your application has not made it into our system yet."

mka, if you still haven't received your passport, you should give them a call. It clearly states on the DOS website that routine applications take around 3 weeks to process. As evidenced by posts on this forum, the actual time is less than 3 weeks. It could be that your application was "misplaced" at either the post office or the passport agency.

Just got my natz certificate back. It took a total of 5 days between the arrival of the passport and the return of the certificate.

Re: Edl nys

Just got my natz certificate back. It took a total of 5 days between the arrival of the passport and the return of the certificate

Hey brother, remember to get the NYS Enhanced Driver License. I know it is repetitive versus the passport card. But better have three than two.- :D:D:D

Hey brother, remember to get the NYS Enhanced Driver License. I know it is repetitive versus the passport card. But better have three than two.- :D:D:D

I thought about getting an EDL when I went to the DMV to notify them of my new last name, but decided against it. I know that I'm overreacting, but I just don't feel comfortable carrying an RFID document on me at all times.

The passport card is issued with a protective sleeve that makes the card RFID unreadable while in the protective sleeve. I think the protective sleeve contains metal and it basically makes that impenetrable to snoops ;) Due to the novelty I am carrying my passport card around with me in the protective sleeve :)