Passport application,I have pronlem. Help!

eddie1975

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I plan to apply for passport at passport agency hopefully same day passport pickup. I have family emergency and was about to leave, but just 2 days before my flight i got oath letter in mail, so had to cancel everything and pay fines , etc. for ticket. now i have to leave ASAP and have proof of travel , State dept. sate says that naturalization certificate is proof of citizenship and also proof of primary identification.

STEP 2: Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship

Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (One of the following):
Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport
Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state*
Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
@@@Naturalization Certificate@@@
Certificate of Citizenship

STEP 3: Present Identification

When applying for a U.S. passport in person, acceptable identification must be presented at the time of application.

Primary Identification (One of the following):
Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport
@@@Naturalization Certificate@@@
Valid Driver's License
Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
Current Military ID (military and dependents)

So Nat. cert. is the only document i will be needing? i did some research and found, one needs valid driver's lic. atleast 6 months old in addition to nat. cert.
The thing is i dont have driver's lic.
In addition to nat. cert. i can povide my foriegn passport and other stuff like library card, utility bill, selective services card, marriage cert and more.
has anyone went thru same situation???
and i would really appreciate if someone can explain if getting passport same day is possible.
Thank you very much.

I applied for a passport at a regional office (NYC), and got the passport the same day. My appointment was at 9:00 am and got the passport at 12:00 pm.
All you need is the Certificate of Naturalization, proof that you will be traveling within 2 weeks or so, a filled application, pictures and the fee (if I remember OK). Just check on their website, the list is there.

I applied for a passport at a regional office (NYC), and got the passport the same day. My appointment was at 9:00 am and got the passport at 12:00 pm.
All you need is the Certificate of Naturalization, proof that you will be traveling within 2 weeks or so, a filled application, pictures and the fee (if I remember OK). Just check on their website, the list is there.

Hi.
do you remember what was amount for the same day passport???

Thanks.