Passport application after oath ceremony

walletless

Registered Users (C)
My wife's oath ceremony is next week in Campbell, CA. We are wondering if they generally have a passport application booth where you can fill & apply after the event, or do we have to go to a post office to do so?

Do people generally print the passport application form ahead of time, fill it in, and bring it to the oath ceremony?

thanks!

My wife's oath ceremony is next week in Campbell, CA. We are wondering if they generally have a passport application booth where you can fill & apply after the event, or do we have to go to a post office to do so?

Do people generally print the passport application form ahead of time, fill it in, and bring it to the oath ceremony?

thanks!

Don't know if there is passport application on-site, but what I would do is to schedule a passport application appointment at your post office the day after the ceremony so that you can make a copy of the naturalization certificate before sending it in. Remember, you will need to send in the original certificate with your passport application, so if you do the application on-site, you will not have any copy of it (unless they are offering photocopy service on-site which I doubt). Other than that, if you do the passport application one day after the ceremony, you will also have the opportunity to admire the original certificate for which you waited so long for one more night, isn't that great? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They do not have passport application booths at the Oath Ceremony locations. You must either go to a post office or a passport processing center.

They sometimes collect passport applications and documents at the oath ceremony. They do that in Oakland, for example. Not sure about Campbell. Alternately, you can set up an appointment for the same day even, at a post office of your choice, make a copy of your naturalization certificate, and voila.

Thanks!

They sometimes collect passport applications and documents at the oath ceremony. They do that in Oakland, for example. Not sure about Campbell. Alternately, you can set up an appointment for the same day even, at a post office of your choice, make a copy of your naturalization certificate, and voila.

Thanks everyone who replied. I will fill out the form and keep it handy in case they are collecting forms at the ceremony. As a backup, I will call and get an appointment with the USPS office closeby for the following Saturday.

Thanks everyone who replied. I will fill out the form and keep it handy in case they are collecting forms at the ceremony. As a backup, I will call and get an appointment with the USPS office closeby for the following Saturday.

They usually do it at the ceremony. But if it is like Oakland, you can use only the application(it has a printed seal at the bottom) given at the time of interview. They will not accept printed applications or printed forms you get at post offices/libraries.