Part 6. Information about your residence

Rams71

Registered Users (C)
Hi Bob/All, I need some expert advice on how to procees with the residence address update.

I totally lost track and did not update/report address change to USCIS. I submitted AR 11 form online this morning 03/30/2009. (Late by more than 45 days if the vacation & temp living @ hotel is excluded). This is totally by error and forgot to update the address.

Will there be any issue during the interview? Can this be considered as not having good moral character? If so what is the way to get out of the mess due to my ignorance?

Details of Residence/Temp Living.
I moved out of IL - Nov 2008. (put all the mails on hold and vacated the apartment(putall items in storage)
Went on Vacation - Dec'08 - Jan 16th 2009
Came back to NJ - Jan 17th 2009 - Feb 14th 2009. (live in hotel)
Moved into House - Feb 15th 2009 - current.
How should I proceed with the address update under part 6? (Hotel temp Living 4 Weeks and 7 Weeks of vacation)

Will the following entry cause issues?
Feb 15th - Current Present Address.

Jan14th, 2009 - Feb 14th 2009 Lived in hotel. (not sure what to give in the address as well as not updating the USCIS)
Should I mention the temp living at all? or Should I include the above address as part of IL living.

Jan'2001 - Jan 14th, 2009 IL Address. (Is this address update acceptable?)I included the vacation time as part of IL address.
My paystubb was having OH address during the vacation period. (even though I moved out of the residence)

Can I update the above 3 address? (I did not report the temp living to USCIS this morning and I just gave my current address.)

Or Should I just update the address as following.

Jan'2001 - Feb 14th 2009 As IL Address.

Vacation time, temp Living in NJ as part of IL address. (did not update USCIS with vacation & temp living address)

Please shed some light to fill the form (trying to cautious before filing)

Thanks.

Is the hotel in NJ in the same district area as your new home? Do you have a NJ DL license with your new address? You'll need to provide proof of at least 3 months of residency in the district from where you applying.

Hi Bobsmyth,
The Hotel city and the living city is different but, the county is same.

I'm yet to apply for the NJ drivers license planning to get the same in the next week. I have the House lease, Utility bills and other related paper work in my name at this time.

Let me know if my answer helps.

Thanks.

Hi Bobsmyth,
The Hotel city and the living city is different but, the county is same.

I'm yet to apply for the NJ drivers license planning to get the same in the next week. I have the House lease, Utility bills and other related paper work in my name at this time.

Let me know if my answer helps.

Thanks.

In order to avoid any possible issues of district residency, I would apply no sooner than 3 months from the date on the house lease and/or utility bills. Apply for your NJ DL asap to back up your NJ residency claim.

Thanks Bob and will take the NJ license asap this week.

Regarding the Residence Address for Part 6.
Can I use the following as prior residence.
Feb 15th - Current Present Address. Vacation time, temp Living in NJ as part of IL address. (did not update USCIS with vacation & temp living address)
Jan'2001 - Feb 14th 2009 As IL Address.

Did not update USCIS on time the add. change.(delayed by month and half) Is this issue?

Or should I update the address as below.
(Hotel temp Living 4 Weeks and 7 Weeks of vacation)

Jan14th, 2009 - Feb 14th 2009 Lived in hotel. (not sure what to give in the address as well as not updating the USCIS)
Should I mention the temp living at all? or Should I include the above address as part of IL living.

Jan'2001 - Jan 14th, 2009 IL Address. (Is this address update acceptable?)I included the vacation time as part of IL address.
My paystubb was having OH address during the vacation period. (even though I moved out of the residence)

Regards,

Rams

Leave the IL address until Feb 14 since the hotel was only temporary stay until you settled into your new place.