Parent's Green Card

Silent Observer

Hello,
I've 4 questions, appreciate if you could respond to me.
1. If I bring my parents to US on a visit visa, how soon can I apply for their green card?
2. Should I file I-130 and I-485 together? what's recommended? And if filing together, will the total fee be $420+$985+$85 for each parent?
3. I assume that USCIS assigns an application number for AOS. How long normally it takes to get an application number for AOS after it's submission in Dallas, TX?
4. Can they stay even after I-94 expires?
Thanks for your help.
Ajay

Last edited:
1. They cannot enter the US with pre-conceived intention to immigrate on this trip
2. They should be filed together. Yes, it should be one check of $420 (for I-130) and one check of $1070 (for I-485) for each parent. Unless the parent is at least 79 in which case the I-485 is only $985.
3. First, concurrent I-130 and I-485 will be sent to the Chicago Lockbox. If you attached a G-1145, you will get a text and/or email with the application number in a few days. In a few more days you should get the application receipts in the mail.
4. Yes

Thanks for your prompt reply.
1. Coming back to my first question, if circumstances change, how soon (in days) can I apply for their green card?

Thanks for your time.
Thanks
Ajay

I don't believe you can file for them over here while they are on a tourist visa. They need to go back and file in their home country. You can only file for AOS if you have a valid visa. I'm not a lawyer so double check with an immigration lawyer

thanks for your response. No I know it can be done on the visit visa but I need to know after how many days I can file after their arrival in US.

1. Coming back to my first question, if circumstances change, how soon (in days) can I apply for their green card?

Thanks for your time.
Thanks
Ajay

I am US Citizen living in US and in the process of filing Green Card (I485 and I-130) for my mother who came on visitor VISA 3 months ago and is currently staying with my brother OH.

Can I use OH address for her Green Card Application?
Does my mother need to travel to CA for Finger Printing and Interview OR these will happen in OH as that would be the address on her I485 and I-130.