Parent's GC : Marriage Certificate...

riyaraj

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for the greencard for my mom and dad (I am a U.S Citizen).
I got the RFE (Request for additional evidence) for my father's application. I had sent bunch of affidevits but it seems like I need the marriage certificate for my parents because RFE says that.

Can someone please let me know where can I find the format for the marriage certificate?

Anyone else in the same situation?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Raj.

Assuming that the locality where the marriage took place never issued a marriage certificate, contact your local consulate and see if they can issue some in lieu of document.

Can someone please let me know where can I find the format for the marriage certificate?

Hi there...

Thank you for the response. I was thinking that effidevits will be enough but unfortunately they didn't accept it.

What is "in lieu of" ??

Do I need to contact the local consulate in India?

Thank in advance for help.

Regards,

Raj.

I assume your parents are in the US right now and you have applied for their GCs? If that is the case, approach the nearest Indian consulate and ask them if they can supply a document stating where your parents got married and when. If your parents are in India and undergoing CP, then they need to contact the local authorities at the place where they got married.

Do I need to contact the local consulate in India?