Parent's Cases Only: Tracking Thread

Adding 3 question:

Please advice as I am planning to apply AOS for my mother who is visiting us on B2. This is her 6th visit in US.

I already had my US citizen interview in last week on 06/04 and will have my oath in the next month on 07/15 and will have the naturalized certificate.

My questions are:
1. Can I apply AOS for my mother who has been visting us from last two month. Her 90 days expire on 07/26. Shall I apply AOS ((I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131) after 07/26.

2. Should i choose answer "A", or go for option "H. Other" and offer a brief explanation like "An immediate relative petition is being filed concurrently with this application."

Form I-485 Part 2 Application type has the following options to chose from (a. An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved (attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrant military visa petition filed...

h. Other basis of eligibility. )

3. C. Information about your relative in the I-130, Petition for Alien Relative : required address to be entered. Since we are planning to file AOS, shall we mention my address (she is also residing) or India address ( her home country)

Please advice.

Thanks
Edit/Delete Message

Hi baraider,
Thanks.
Please advice on the below: One more from I130 relating to Q22

Should I fill up the City and country also even though we are planning for AOS in US?

Or

City and country is only for CP?

22) Complete the information below if your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status.

(City) (State)

If your relative is not eligible for adjustment of status, he or she will apply for a
visa abroad at the American consular post in:

(City) (Country

NOTE: Designation of a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the country of your relative's last residence does not guarantee acceptance for
processing by that post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated embassy or consulate.

Please check out my respond
Hi baraider,
Thanks.

Should I fill up the City and country also even though we are planning for AOS in US?

Or

22) Complete the information below if your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status.

(City) (State)
Your parents current US address.

If your relative is not eligible for adjustment of status, he or she will apply for a

(City) (Country
The location of closest US consular to your parents home country addressNOTE: Designation of a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the country of your relative's last residence does not guarantee acceptance for
processing by that post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated embassy or consulate.

Adding 3 question:

Please advice as I am planning to apply AOS for my mother who is visiting us on B2. This is her 6th visit in US.

I already had my US citizen interview in last week on 06/04 and will have my oath in the next month on 07/15 and will have the naturalized certificate.

My questions are:
1. Can I apply AOS for my mother who has been visting us from last two month. Her 90 days expire on 07/26. Shall I apply AOS ((I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131) after 07/26.

2. Should i choose answer "A", or go for option "H. Other" and offer a brief explanation like "An immediate relative petition is being filed concurrently with this application."

Form I-485 Part 2 Application type has the following options to chose from (a. An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved (attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrant military visa petition filed...

3. C. Information about your relative in the I-130, Petition for Alien Relative : required address to be entered. Since we are planning to file AOS, shall we mention my address (she is also residing) or India address ( her home country)

Please advice.

Thanks
Edit/Delete Message

On the question 2: I checked A option when I did AOS for my parents. Read the option A again, and I think it suits AOS for parents case the most.

Part 2 Application type has the following options to chose from (a. An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved (attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrant military visa petition filed...
I know some have selected H. Or you can call USCIS to verify.

Hi Gurus,
I am reading different answer on the following question for 485 relating to application type for choosing either a) or h).

Should i choose answer "A", or go for option "H. Other"

The instruction of 485 form clearly states the following:

---You are filling this application with a completed relative petition etc...... for a)..

Please advice as this is very key information...

Thanks

baraider: I appreciate your suggstion. However, there was one problem why I could not use shared google docs. This is what I got when I tried to open it from my office and it may be true for other folks sitting inside firewall/intranet:
You don't have to do it at work :D
I added a few more cases as I go through this thread from the beginning. It would be nice if people take a few minutes and help.

My questions are:

YES, YOU CAN

A

Please advice.

Thanks

See the answers inline.

Adding 3 question:

My questions are:

Your address in USA.

Please advice.

Thanks
Edit/Delete Message

Answer again inline.

Hi baraider,
Thanks.

Or

(City) (State)

Your USA City/ Your USA State

(City) (Country

NOTE: Designation of a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the country of your relative's last residence does not guarantee acceptance for

answers inline.

Hi Gurus,
I am reading different answer on the following question for 485 relating to application type for choosing either a) or h).

Should i choose answer "A", or go for option "H. Other"

The instruction of 485 form clearly states the following:

---You are filling this application with a completed relative petition etc...... for a)..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA --> Concurrent filing of I-130 and I-485 does this magic for you.

Please advice as this is very key information...

Thanks

Answers inline

You don't have to do it at work :D

baraider: There is one more obstacle. Do people need to login to GMail?
Does it show the e-mail id in the edited by properties. People like to stay annonymous. It is good out of office tool if gmail-login is not required.

I added a few more cases as I go through this thread from the beginning. It would be nice if people take a few minutes and help.

Answer in line

I tried to login to GoogleSpreadsheets.
Gmail login is mandatory. Can this be made annonymous?

Although, the downside is you have no control on who can make the modifications.

I tried to login to GoogleSpreadsheets.
Gmail login is mandatory. Can this be made annonymous?

Although, the downside is you have no control on who can make the modifications.
I changed it so people can view/edit without login. In fact, it's a public document.
I would rather trust people to do the right thing with the modification than to have a few people do all the work.

Parents Tracker: 53 cases in the attached pdf

Friends,

There is no point re-inventing the wheels.
Someone has created a dream tracker with all the fields, all the filters, , user editable et all.

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/i130-i485/page/2

I am uploading a list of 53 parent cases with detailed info here just for proof of concept. I suggest instead of trying to re-create our own tracker, we all can feed and use the info in the URL.

Now waiting for Mom's plastic card once they get budget/bailout for the green cartridge there.

Regards
Vishnu

Who is the last person on our FORUM who got the plastic card at home?

With USCIS, excitement & fun is never over, now the printer and probably green cartridges are getting replaced = 3 months more wait.

Just to get some sanity back in to tracking, who got the physical plastic green card at home on our forum latest?

Regards
Vishnu.

Please help on country of birth issue for mother

Hi Experts,

I am about to file AOS for my mother in this month. Having looked the passport of her I got a strange situation. Her country of birth is specified U.N. India ( undivided india) instead India as her birth took before India partition... and I guess the agent in india messed up this.

And since we don't have her birth certificate, the affidavit's given by relative also stated the U.N.India too.

Please suggest if I use India or U.N.India in all the application like i130,1485 etc.... I prefer to use India as there is no U.N.India a country.

Thanks

Biometrics

I have seen that many people have walked-in for Biometrics earlier than the appointment date. Do you have to take permission from the ASC?

Moreover, my mother is over 79 and with ACS code 2 for I-485, what is the biometrics procedure all about? I have also appliled for AP.

Thanks for your answers in advance.