Parent's Cases Only: Tracking Thread

CONGRATULATIONS to all of the users for their parents GC approval. I will be applying for my parents soon but i have to apply CP for them as they are in India. I asked my parents to apply for birth and marriage certificastes, if we dont get them then we have to get it done through affidavits. Hope the CP process will be smooth and fast.

Congratulations and thanks again to all of you for your posts and experiences.

Raj.

Request for the frequent thread users:

Hello second stage, luckylilly, hotguynyc, vinayakk, nfl0res, drgeorge, VIETQDOAN, VASU120, Shanks1975, raj456 :

1) I need someone's help in building (excel) spreadsheet with columns showing username, all dates( RD, ND, FP, AP, EAD, SS, GC etc.) and corresponding data. You can upload this within your post. I can then regularly update the data and publish it in PDF so that nobody can accidently mess up the data.

2) Can you rate this thread. From within thread, there is a top left link "Rate this Thread".

I wish all the people applying for their parent's GC could be able to use lots of information in this thread. STICKY threads provide standard processes and our thread provides all the exception handling.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Vishnu

My parents updated timeline for AOS

11/24/08 : Application sent for Parents(I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)
11/26/08 : USPS delivered per tracking
11/26/08 : Receipt Date(RD)
12/05/08 : Notice Date(ND)
12/08/08 : Notice Of Action-NOA Received (total 4 of I-797C for each parent)
12/18/08 : Fingerprint(FP) Notice Received
12/27/08 : Fingerprint(FP) Appointment & Done for both Parents
01/06/09 : Re-appointment for FP for Dad (1st FP was rejected)
01/15/09 : Re-FP appointment & done for Dad
02/02/09 : Case I-130/I-485 transferred to CSC for processing
02/10/09 : Advanced Parole-AP Approved
02/13/09 : Advanced Parole-AP Received
02/10/09 : Employment Auth. Card-EAD card ordered
02/17/09 : LUD I-130/I-485 cases transferred to CSC
02/23/09 : EAD card received
02/24/09 : Applied for SSN at local Social Security Service
03/06/09 : Received my parents SSN
03/31/09 : I-130 Approval Date, Letters sent out for both Parents
03/31/09 : Green Card(GC) ordered -485 Approved
04/03/09 : I-130 Approval Letters received
04/06/09 : I-485 Approval and Welcome letters received
04/09/09 : GC received

Hello second stage, luckylilly, hotguynyc, vinayakk, nfl0res, drgeorge, VIETQDOAN, VASU120, Shanks1975, raj456 :

1) I need someone's help in building (excel) spreadsheet with columns showing username, all dates( RD, ND, FP, AP, EAD, SS, GC etc.) and corresponding data. You can upload this within your post. I can then regularly update the data and publish it in PDF so that nobody can accidently mess up the data.

2) Can you rate this thread. From within thread, there is a top left link "Rate this Thread".

I wish all the people applying for their parent's GC could be able to use lots of information in this thread. STICKY threads provide standard processes and our thread provides all the exception handling.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Vishnu
I have added my rating for the thread. I update the thread with the detailed time line for parents when I get back home today. I dont have all the dates with me now.

This is a good initiative, Vishnu.

Thanks,
Vinayak

11/24/08 : Application sent for Parents(I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)
11/26/08 : USPS delivered per tracking
11/26/08 : Receipt Date(RD)
12/05/08 : Notice Date(ND)
12/08/08 : Notice Of Action-NOA Received (total 4 of I-797C for each parent)
12/18/08 : Fingerprint(FP) Notice Received
12/27/08 : Fingerprint(FP) Appointment & Done for both Parents
01/06/09 : Re-appointment for FP for Dad (1st FP was rejected)
01/15/09 : Re-FP appointment & done for Dad
02/02/09 : Case I-130/I-485 transferred to CSC for processing
02/10/09 : Advanced Parole-AP Approved
02/13/09 : Advanced Parole-AP Received
02/10/09 : Employment Auth. Card-EAD card ordered
02/17/09 : LUD I-130/I-485 cases transferred to CSC
02/23/09 : EAD card received
02/24/09 : Applied for SSN at local Social Security Service
03/06/09 : Received my parents SSN
03/31/09 : I-130 Approval Date, Letters sent out for both Parents
03/31/09 : Green Card(GC) ordered -485 Approved
04/03/09 : I-130 Approval Letters received
04/06/09 : I-485 Approval and Welcome letters received
04/09/09 : GC received

Thank you VIETQDOAN, I have included your record in the spreadsheet.

There is one important question for you since you already received your GC:
After receiving Welcome Letter, did you have to go for ADIT processing or passport stamping for I-551 or GC came in to mail straighaway.

Question for friends who received their GC

Great job, Vishnu, you kept ahead of the process - your timeline is a great learning experience for others

George

Thanks again drgeorge.

After receiving Welcome Letter, did you have to go for ADIT processing or passport stamping for I-551 or GC came in to mail straighaway.
I am asking this question due to following discussion on ADIT processing
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=253802

IMHO: form 325G exactly does what they expect in ADIT processing.
AP does what a stamp I-551 does in passport.

Thank you VIETQDOAN, I have included your record in the spreadsheet.

Hi Vishnu,
My parents GC arrived by mail 3 days after we received the I-485 and Welcome letter (within the same week).
I wasn't aware of ADIT processing at all.

I couldn't help thinking if mankind one day found such a common goal and platform, we can have more enjoyable world around us.

Imagine - John Lennon.
It's only imagination, I don't think we ever get there in the next 100 years. I hope that I will be proven wrong :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine - John Lennon.
It's only imagination, I don't think we ever get there in the next 100 years. I hope that I will be proven wrong :)

Some things are so difficult that they tend to sound almost impossible, yet if history is the proof, a single man with no resources at all to begin with can break the conventional wisdom and attain the impossible. It is a matter of statistical probability if it happens in our lifetime or not.

e.g. Dhirubhai Ambani, India's famous entreprenuer used to sleep on roads and so was J.K.Rowlings. Dhirubhai's family went to become word's richest family ( yes richer than Bill Gates and Warren Buffet) in 2008 and J.K.Rowling became richer than Queen Elizabeth II,thanks to her fictional characters in Harry Potter. If we look at all the famous people in the history, 95% of them achieved unbelivable on their own accord without any inheritance or background. May be, one day , world will get a leader who will show the path to masses to follow the religion of helping each other with technoogy and hardwork with kindness in heart and 5 billion people will follow him. It can happen VIETQDOAN. I truly believe it can happen.

Vishnu Mahadev,

I see that you were in the same boat as me.........Kindly read my post and respond....

I had applied for my mom's GC, I received approval for I -130 and I-131. but she had to go to FP twice. Yesterday, I got a letter stating that since her finger prints were illegible both times, she needs to get a Good conduct certificate from police station for last five years of her stay in U.S.....

This is confusing that since she didn't stay here continuously for last 5 years and we had already submitted Indian PCC already....Can someone help? There is time deadline on this, otherwise, they say 485 wld be rejected.......also, how do I contact my local Police station - what is the procedure? Please explain.....

# 1: Stay calm. Since this problem is already resolved as follows.
# 2: Go to your local city police office with your parent, their passport, their birth certificate showing your mom's maiden name.
# 3: Request them to give you "Police Clearanc Certificate" for immigration.
They will have standard format, BUT make sure that they include your mom's maiden name as your notice would read "All names used" along with her married name.
# 4: THOROUGHLY check ALL the data before you leave te police station. They can get data wrong. Your notice would read, "ALL evidence in one attempt" hence legally you can not send this letter multiple times if found mistake.
# 5: Photocopy the PCL and send them original as they stated ( alongwith RFE)
USPS priority mail with tracking # is good enough.
# 6: sit tight for 2 weeks, nothing will happen. Watch movies, go for summer picnics.
What ever that will keep you stress free ( I don't want to elaborate further as this is family forum ;-)
# 7: They will announce rceipt of evidence between 14 to 21st day
# 8: After that within 1 week, you will get magical message
# 9: After that within 1 week you will get Welcome letter.
#9.5: Get infopass for I-551 stamp appointment if your parents are still in town
#10: Sit tight, watch movies, etc etc for next 2 months and then GC will arrive in your mailbox.

This should eliminate anxiety of unknown from you but since you are a human being you will still be stressed to a certain extent, use your techniques and generally stay happy, you are on the right course to get parental love , affection (over) care and ultimate salvation :)

Thanks

Hi Vishnu,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, I have been to the local police and they are mentioning that they won't be able to issue any such letter...they say that all they will do is do the FP at their office again and will be able to give the copy of that.......... The cop asked me to find out with the USCIS if this is enough for them...This is so bizzare........

Since we live in Philly, the cop asked us to get the criminal background record from Harrisbugh, through PATCH.......

https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp

Do you think this will be enough.......

Thanks,
Anu

Hi Vishnu,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, I have been to the local police and they are mentioning that they won't be able to issue any such letter...they say that all they will do is do the FP at their office again and will be able to give the copy of that.......... The cop asked me to find out with the USCIS if this is enough for them...This is so bizzare........

Since we live in Philly, the cop asked us to get the criminal background record from Harrisbugh, through PATCH.......

https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp

Do you think this will be enough.......

Thanks,
Anu

I feel sorry with this extra trouble to you.
Please scan through this very thread and read Vinayakk's reply to some member who did not get Police Clearance Letter. Vinayak has mentioned the alternative which should work for you. Stay calm, you have 1month+ few days to reply, they do not look at your reply for 3 weeks any ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
akapoor: You may find answers in this thread, URL

sambridh and gentlem,

Try this: Go to http://www.mdsp.org/ and click on the "Services". There is a fingerprinting service that they provide. You have to be there in person. Incidentally they mention that this service is used for "Police Clearance". Take your RFE letter with you.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Vinayak
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please help!! REF Certification of Good Conduct
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=295028

VISHNU and other Experts on this forums,

The only place I am getting stuck is getting NABC for my parents.
I have all other documentation to file for them and need help..

Heres the scenario

a> My parents were born in 1940 and 1949 and they dont have birth certificates.
b> We do have affidavits about their birth from our relatives.
c> I need to get Non availability of birth certificates for them.

I am not able to get NABC from local offices as they are not issuing it without any proof of residence.They are asking me to furnish some kind of proff that says that my parents or my grand parents lived in that locality ( where my parents were born).We dont have any such proofs with us.I even contacted yourmaninindia.com..Even they are saying the same thing..This is from Tamil Nadu..

Can any one please please help me with this? Anybody who has done this in recent past please post your experience.The only alternative I have is to go ahead and file it with a BC from Consulate and expect that it would go thru..But if I do get an RFE..then I amhelpless without NABC.

Shanks

VISHNU and other Experts on this forums,

The only place I am getting stuck is getting NABC for my parents.
I have all other documentation to file for them and need help..

Heres the scenario

a> My parents were born in 1940 and 1949 and they dont have birth certificates.
b> We do have affidavits about their birth from our relatives.
c> I need to get Non availability of birth certificates for them.

I am not able to get NABC from local offices as they are not issuing it without any proof of residence.They are asking me to furnish some kind of proff that says that my parents or my grand parents lived in that locality ( where my parents were born).We dont have any such proofs with us.I even contacted yourmaninindia.com..Even they are saying the same thing..This is from Tamil Nadu..

Can any one please please help me with this? Anybody who has done this in recent past please post your experience.The only alternative I have is to go ahead and file it with a BC from Consulate and expect that it would go thru..But if I do get an RFE..then I amhelpless without NABC.

Shanks

What does your parents passport indicate as place of their birth?

You need to visit that local municpality and ask for NABC and if they need proof, show them the passport! and any affidavits from elders(if needed)

That's exactly what I did...