Parent's Cases Only: Tracking Thread

What does your parents passport indicate as place of their birth?

You need to visit that local municpality and ask for NABC and if they need proof, show them the passport! and any affidavits from elders(if needed)

That's exactly what I did...

My parents passport says the right place..But even with passport,they are askiing for proof of residence dujring their birth..

Did you get this from TN?Was there a form that you ahd to fill up to get it..?Was there a standard format to get NABC.?

Thanks for ur response.

Shanks

Was there a standard format to get NABC.?

Ask them what they would like as proof of residence. If there are any elders in your family(older than your parents) then an affidavit from them will suffice.

There is a standard form(Form #10) as per the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969 and this is available in every municipality.

I obtained from municipal authorities in Bangalore.

http://india.gov.in/howdo/service_detail.php?formid=267

http://censusindia.gov.in/Acts_and_Rules/rbd_act_1969.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask them what they would like as proof of residence. If there are any elders in your family(older than your parents) then an affidavit from them will suffice.

There is a standard form(Form #10) as per the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969 and this is available in every municipality.

Thanks second stage.

I will try to approach the municaplity again with this peice of information.

Thanks again for all the info.

Shanks

This is GOLD.
Great useful infrmation Second_Stage.

Shanks: simultaneously, you should approach local indian consulate and see what help they can provide.

In old times, high % people were born in homes and not hospitals. Very less % of births were formally reported to Govt. offices and less BCs were generated. now many of those homes may not even exist after 60 years, parents of such person may have passed away (80-100 years) so what does a living person do to prove that he was born 60 years ago at such and such a place? Local govt should help based on affidavits, self declaration, tax documents, school documents, photographs if any. I always advocate aganst bribes, most of the times that is.

The green card came in the mail right after the welcome letter. No passport stamping

George

Thanks again drgeorge.

There is one important question for you since you already received your GC:
After receiving Welcome Letter, did you have to go for ADIT processing or passport stamping for I-551 or GC came in to mail straighaway.
I am asking this question due to following discussion on ADIT processing
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=253802

IMHO: form 325G exactly does what they expect in ADIT processing.
AP does what a stamp I-551 does in passport.

Vishnu

here are dates that I can recall
11/27/2008 Application received by uscis
Did not applied for Advance Payroll or Work permit.
12/10/2008 NOA recevied.
12/15/2008 FP notice received
12/20/2008 RFE for non avaibility of birth certificate
12/28/2008 FP Done
Jan 2009 received acknowdgement of RFE and case got transfered to California service center.
May 2009 recevied Request for doing medical exams again.

June 04 2009 case approved.

I was able to get a BC and NABC from the Indian Consulate in NY for my Mom. I didn't receive any RFE's yet so I am hoping this is sufficent for them.

Thanks
SG

VISHNU and other Experts on this forums,

The only place I am getting stuck is getting NABC for my parents.
I have all other documentation to file for them and need help..

Heres the scenario

a> My parents were born in 1940 and 1949 and they dont have birth certificates.
b> We do have affidavits about their birth from our relatives.
c> I need to get Non availability of birth certificates for them.

I am not able to get NABC from local offices as they are not issuing it without any proof of residence.They are asking me to furnish some kind of proff that says that my parents or my grand parents lived in that locality ( where my parents were born).We dont have any such proofs with us.I even contacted yourmaninindia.com..Even they are saying the same thing..This is from Tamil Nadu..

Can any one please please help me with this? Anybody who has done this in recent past please post your experience.The only alternative I have is to go ahead and file it with a BC from Consulate and expect that it would go thru..But if I do get an RFE..then I amhelpless without NABC.

Shanks

Cover letter for answering RFE

Finally got NABC for mom from India, I am planning send Non-availabilty certificate for Birth along with Affidivits of Birth (To be safeside already filed affidivits in intial stage)

If anybody has good cover letter for answering NABC, Please post cover letter format here and Here is my cover letter , please let me know is this sufficient or modifications are needed.

Thanks
VASU
Response to Request For Additional Evidence (I-485)

<06/09/2009>
U.S Department of Homeland Security
P.O. Box 648006
Lee’s Summit, MO - 64064

Case Type: I-485: Response to RFE for Birth Certificate

Applicant: Name
<address>

To Whom It May Concern

Enclosed please find the following;

o This covering letter
o The “Request for Additional Evidence” letter
o Copy of I-485 Receipt Notice
o Photocopy of ‘Non-Availability of Birth Certificate’ from concerned authorities
o Since notarized affidavits of birth from parents and relatives were submitted with the original I-485 application, I am herewith enclosing copies of the same.

I am submitting ‘Non-Availability of Birth Certificate’ from concerned authorities because I was born on July 30th, 1949 and Registration of Birth was not mandatory in India for people born before June 2, 1969

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me if a question should arise.

Sincerely,

(Name)
<phone>

Received notices for I-130,I-485,I-131 from USCIS with notice date 04/15/09
------------------------------------------------------------------
04/08/09:BD00: Application sent for Mother (I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)
04/09/09:BD1: Fedex Delivered the package to the destination.
04/16/09:BD9: Checks cashed from my bank account
04/167/09: Received notices from USCIS with NOA DATE 04/15/09

I am now able to view the I-765 on the USCIS website(after approval),but the I-130 and 485 still come up as error...

Vishnu Mahadev,
Would you please do a google doc spreadsheet for all parent GC case timeline. I think it would help tremendously.

Vishnu Mahadev,
Would you please do a google doc spreadsheet for all parent GC case timeline. I think it would help tremendously.

Working on it. Should publish first version soon.
Thanks to everybody who updated their dates info upon recent request.

In the meantime, Welcome letter is received at home today.

Regards
Vishnu

Done
11/21/08 :BD00: Application sent for Mother (I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)
11/25/08 :BD02: Fedex Delivered the package to the destination.
12/05/08 :BD08: Checks debited in my bank account.
11/25/08 :BD02: Receipt Date(RD)
12/05/08 :BD08: Notice Date(ND)
12/09/08 :BD10: Notice Of Action-NOA Received ( I-797C) for all four: 130, 131, 485, 765
12/18/08 :BD17: Fingerprint(FP) Notice Received
12/19/08 :BD18: Fingerprint(FP) Done before appointment as walk in.
12/23/08 :BD20: Fingerprint(FP) Appointment
12/29/08 :BD21: Case transferred to CSC for speedy processing.
01/06/09 :BD27: 2nd Fingerprinting Notice Received. (The FBI was unable to process the first...)
01/08/09 :BD29: 2nd Fingerprinting Done before appointment as walk in.
01/16/09 :BD35: 2nd Fingerprinting appointment given
01/26/09 :BD41: Advanced Parole-AP Approved-LUD
01/26/09 :BD41: Employment Auth. Card-EAD card ordered-LUD
02/02/09 :BD46: Advanced Parole-AP Received. 2 copies. 1 year duration on both.
02/05/09 :BD49: EAD card received.
02/05/09 :BD49: Social Security Card Applied: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ss5doc/
02/11/09 :BD53: Social Security Card Received
03/27/09 :BD85: LUD for 485
04/29/09 :BD107: 130 approved
05/01/09 :BD109: 130-Approval received in the mail.
05/05/09 :BD111: RFE for 485: Online
05/11/09 :BD115: RFE received at home asking for Certificate of Clearance from Police
05/12/09 :BD116: Certificate obtained from police and sent to USCIS
05/13/09 :BD117: Reply to RFE was delivered by USPS to CSC
05/29/09 :BD129: Reply to RFE acknowledgd by USCIS
06/03/09 :BD132: Green Card(GC)production ordered -485 Approved (~190 Calendar Days )
06/03/09 :BD132: Online status: Welcome Letter sent, GC status is registered.
Note 1: Skipping the INFOPASS appointment for passport stamping with I-551, as Green Card recipient is out of USA with AP.
06/08/09 :BD135: Welcome letter received at home. (No mention of any ADIT processing required.)

Waiting
??/??/09 :BDx: GC received-----------------------------[ Expected to happen in July 2009 as per current timeline, Printer replacement at USCIS ]

Awesome, Vishnu
I'm especially interested in tracking those filling for parents from NYC DO recently.

Consolidated Tracking Sheet: .xls and .pdf

Friends:

I have started Consolidated Sheet.
To begin with I am uploading two files here:
USCIS_v2.xls: Please populate your own data only and re-upload the file.
USCIS_v2.pdf: Publishing version2 of consolidated data.

I have put names of the placeholders in RANDOM order in this v2.
We can later sort it the way we want.
In order to expedite, I thought of uploading editable excel file for everybody to upload their own data initially.
I will copy only one row per user into master file and publish as often as I can.

This is initial attempt, we can always refine the process.
It is quite a task to consolidate data sent here for the last 6 to 8 months, in a single day, hence I have populated only 3 rows and marked them green as complete.

POPULATE only your row in .xls. Add your username if not listed already.

For effective viewing of PDF publish file: View -> Page display -> check Two -Up Continuous, and uncheck -> Show gaps between pages. and then zoom to 200% or more.

All the best, let's help everybody with clean heart.

-Vishnu

My parents Timeline

I have filed the GC for both my parents and here are the details

I-130/I-485/I-765 Concurrent AOS Filing received by Chicago Lock Box: May 6th 2009

Fingerprinting Completed: May 29th 2009 (Raleigh - Durham,NC)

I-765/EAD Approved: June 8th 2009

District Office : Raleigh,NC

Hi all,
Instead of everyone download and upload the data manually, I put up the document online and everyone can edit/view them.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rM8ZT7RK_B72iI-y_rEqI9g

Vishnu,
Can you look over this for us. Thanks

baraider: I appreciate your suggstion. However, there was one problem why I could not use shared google docs. This is what I got when I tried to open it from my office and it may be true for other folks sitting inside firewall/intranet:

Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

Reason:
The Websense category "Personal Network Storage and Backup" is filtered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URL:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rM8ZT7RK_B72iI-y_rEqI9g

USCIS_v3.pdf ( 8 usrs updated)

Folks,

Please find latest USCIS_v3.pdf with data for 8 users updated now.
There are currently 16 users, I plan to update the remaining data in the next two days.
If you could help populating your row just like second_stage did, it would help the cause.

Regards
Vishnu

For effective viewing of PDF publish file: View -> Page display -> check Two -Up Continuous, and uncheck -> Show gaps between pages. and then zoom to 200% or more.

A lot of parent cases in other thread

In the main sticky which is supposed to work as source of information and answer a lot of initial questions, I see a lot of cases for parents Green Card applications.
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=202993&page=74

How can we bring in/transfer the data to our spreadsheet. If we could get 50-100 cases, it will clearly show the trend for time for each stage.

If someone copies the dates and username on notepad and upload, I can transfer it to spreadsheet here and publish.

Thanks and Regards
Vishnu

Please advice as I am planning to apply AOS for my mother who is visiting us on B2. This is her 6th visit in US.

I already had my US citizen interview in last week on 06/04 and will have my oath in the next month on 07/15 and will have the naturalized certificate.

My questions are:
1. Can I apply AOS for my mother who has been visting us from last two month. Her 90 days expire on 07/26. Shall I apply AOS ((I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131) after 07/26.

2. Should i choose answer "A", or go for option "H. Other" and offer a brief explanation like "An immediate relative petition is being filed concurrently with this application."

Form I-485 Part 2 Application type has the following options to chose from (a. An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved (attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrant military visa petition filed...

h. Other basis of eligibility. )

Please advice.

Thanks