Parent's Cases Only: Tracking Thread

congratssss lucklilly.i sent my dad file more than 10 days ago and did not received any receipt number and they have not cleared the money orders yet.
do you think it is normal guys?
and i did not receive any of receipt date notice date and so on.

Thank you!!Be patient,if it was delivered,the money order will be cleared soon.Just keep calling the number on the stubs of the money order.

Best wishes!!

Interview letter received today for mum.The date is July 30th!!Just wondered why she will be interviewed but it's okay.Ill just go with her and take copies of all the documents that were submitted with the application.

I have no idea if the I-130 has been apporved because there is no way to track anything online still...

Goodluck to everyone!!

Did the tracking show that your packet is safely delivered to the destination.
You can make a printout of that information and call up customer service number :
"If you have a question about case status information provided via this site,
or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time
listed, please contact the USCIS Customer Service at
(800) 375 – 5283"

It is definitely longer than normal processing time.
Mahadev&luckylilly
i jsut received today notice of action for all 4 applications today
in fact I called the bank yesterday to find out if the checks has been cleared.they told me that the checks are still not cleared.
thanks

Mahadev&luckylilly
in fact I called the bank yesterday to find out if the checks has been cleared.they told me that the checks are still not cleared.
thanks

yayyy!!!!That is good,congrats on that first step.

luckylilly,
Did your mom come in a B2 visa? How long after she came here that you filed for her? How many times she's been to the US?
Just trying to see what is the reason for her interview

luckylilly,
Did your mom come in a B2 visa? How long after she came here that you filed for her? How many times she's been to the US?
Just trying to see what is the reason for her interview

She came on B2 visa.That was her first visit to the US.She has been here since 2006.So it was 3 years before I filed for her.

Sequence of events after RFE

Finally an update. 3 weeks after sending the RFE response, I can see that the USCIS site has updated the status in my dad's case to "Card production ordered". Just to recap, My dad got a RFE for certificate of good conduct after his 2nd FP was rejected. I acquired the letter from SJPD and sent it to USCIS on May 4th. The status was last updated today. Waiting for the welcome letter.

So to all others in same boat, your approvals should be next.

Vinayak

Vinayak: Congratulations!!! This is great news.
To recap: You received RFE and you sent reply on May 4th,
The reply was acknowledged on USCIS web site on 13th MAy
and the magic message of "Card Production Ordered" appeared on 22nd May.

Your home is now blessed with parental love and affection.
Hope you all enjoy your times together.

Lilly
So your mom overstayed for 3 years. I guess that is the reason they want to interview her.
Goodluck and keep us updated on what is going on with the interview.

OK,so my father's I-130 has been approved but I-485 hasn't been updated yet.Does this mean that he doesn't need to be interviewed?When does he get his green card?After I-485 gets approved?If so,how long does it take for I-485 to get approved after I-130 is approved or is there no definite time frame?
thanks.

Mahadev&luckylilly
thanks

hi farsez! it will be cleared soon for sure.. :)
my mom's the same.. i got the NOAs first before the checks are cleared..

OK,so my father's I-130 has been approved but I-485 hasn't been updated yet.Does this mean that he doesn't need to be interviewed?When does he get his green card?After I-485 gets approved?If so,how long does it take for I-485 to get approved after I-130 is approved or is there no definite time frame?
thanks.

If you read through this thread, you can get all the answers. Look at signatures for dates in particular. 485 approval may take a week more if FP was not done twice. If FP was done twice then it could be 2 months more with extra process with possible RFE. Hang in there...

If you read through this thread, you can get all the answers. Look at signatures for dates in particular. 485 approval may take a week more if FP was not done twice. If FP was done twice then it could be 2 months more with extra process with possible RFE. Hang in there...

Thanks,Vishnu.
I don't know what you mean by FP being taken two times, he did it only one time.I didn't know that USCIS might request it two times.So he should then be getting his GC maybe by the end of June.That would be great.

Thanks,Vishnu.
I don't know what you mean by FP being taken two times, he did it only one time.I didn't know that USCIS might request it two times.So he should then be getting his GC maybe by the end of June.That would be great.
I would have loved if that were to true in all the cases. Getting 130 approval is just half the job done. The easier part. In some cases, the FP is requested again if the first ones are illegible. That happened with my Dad, Vishnu's Mom and many others. Hopefully that doesn't happen with you.

Assuming the First FP were accepted, your father should get the 485 approval soon. Could be 3 days or 3 weeks.

Vinayak

I would have loved if that were to true in all the cases. Getting 130 approval is just half the job done. The easier part. In some cases, the FP is requested again if the first ones are illegible. That happened with my Dad, Vishnu's Mom and many others. Hopefully that doesn't happen with you.

Assuming the First FP were accepted, your father should get the 485 approval soon. Could be 3 days or 3 weeks.

Vinayak

Why would the first FP be not accepted? That's weird,I've never heard of it.Is there some reason for that? I mean fingerprints are fingerprints, they are not going to be different second time, maybe their background check may not go through the first time,but I don't see why one should submit his/her fingerprints more than one time.
thanks.

Why would the first FP be not accepted? That's weird,I've never heard of it.Is there some reason for that? I mean fingerprints are fingerprints, they are not going to be different second time, maybe their background check may not go through the first time,but I don't see why one should submit his/her fingerprints more than one time.
thanks.

If you take little trouble to read through this very thread and some others referred/linked in this thread, you will have answers to your questions. In the meantime, there is apparently no need to get anxious. For majority of people, things are going smooth. We all wish the same is true for your parents as well.