Parent's Cases Only: Tracking Thread

Waiting after replying to RFE

My mother's updated GC application information is shown below.
(BD = Business Days) DO = San Francisco, CA.
----------------------------------
Done
11/21/08 :BD00: Application sent for Mother (I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)
11/25/08 :BD02: Fedex Delivered the package to the destination.
12/05/08 :BD08: Checks debited in my bank account.
11/25/08 :BD02: Receipt Date(RD)
12/05/08 :BD08: Notice Date(ND)
12/09/08 :BD10: Notice Of Action-NOA Received ( I-797C) for all four: 130, 131, 485, 765
12/18/08 :BD17: Fingerprint(FP) Notice Received
12/19/08 :BD18: Fingerprint(FP) Done before appointment as walk in.
12/23/08 :BD20: Fingerprint(FP) Appointment
12/29/08 :BD21: Case transferred to CSC for speedy processing.
01/06/09 :BD27: 2nd Fingerprinting Notice Received. (The FBI was unable to process the first...)
01/08/09 :BD29: 2nd Fingerprinting Done before appointment as walk in.
01/16/09 :BD35: 2nd Fingerprinting appointment given
01/26/09 :BD41: Advanced Parole-AP Approved-LUD
01/26/09 :BD41: Employment Auth. Card-EAD card ordered-LUD
02/02/09 :BD46: Advanced Parole-AP Received. 2 copies. 1 year duration on both.
02/05/09 :BD49: EAD card received.
02/05/09 :BD49: Social Security Card Applied: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ss5doc/
02/11/09 :BD53: Social Security Card Received
03/27/09 :BD85: LUD for 485
04/29/09 :BD107: 130 approved
05/01/09 :BD109: 130-Approval received in the mail.
05/05/09 :BD111: RFE for 485: Online
05/11/09 :BD115: RFE received at home asking for Certificate of Clearance from Police
05/12/09 :BD116: Certificate obtained from police and sent to USCIS
05/13/09 :BD117: Reply to RFE was delivered by USPS to CSC

Waiting
05/19/09:BD121: TODAY, CD=Calendar Days = 179 Almost 6 months from application.
??/??/09 :BDx: Reply to RFE acknowledgd by USCIS
??/??/09 :BDx: Green Card(GC) ordered -485 Approved---[ Expected to happen in May 2009 as per current timeline ]
??/??/09 :BDx: Welcome letter received-----------------[ Expected to happen in May 2009 as per current timeline ]
??/??/09 :BDx: GC received-----------------------------[ Expected to happen in May 2009 as per current timeline ]

Last edited by a moderator:
My mother's updated GC application information is shown below.

Question on FingerPrints. My parents were able to walk-in and complete their FPs this morning but according to them most of the Finger Prints were not legible on the screen and some of the fingers were legible only at about 50% or less.

Does this mean we would eventually get a second FP notice and possible an RFE down the line?

Forewarned is forearmed.
If I would be in your place, I would walk into city Police station and request for Police clearance Letter for parents with maiden name shown for your mother and send it to USCIS with a cover note to save waste of time (1month?) and build up of anxiety during this time, later on.
I haven't read/heard of any case anywhere in which USCIS has declined on extra helpful information.

Signing forms

Hello everyone,

Is it ok for me to sign on behalf of my mother - I am also the petitioner - under the relevant section for "Signature of the person preparing form, if other than the above" in I-485 (Part 5) and I-131 (Part 9)?

My mother signs in native language most of the time and rarely in English. Her passport signature is in native language.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,

Is it ok for me to sign on behalf of my mother - I am also the petitioner - under the relevant section for "Signature of the person preparing form, if other than the above" in I-485 (Part 5) and I-131 (Part 9)?

My mother signs in native language most of the time and rarely in English. Her passport signature is in native language.

Thanks in advance.

According to a paralegal friend of mine, the "Signature of the person preparing form, if other than the above" is mostly for lawyers or firm.

I signed on behalf of my mother..it raised no issues

George

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.

After reading this entire thread, i think here is what i have gathered. It is advisable to wait a little after become a Citizen before filing for GC for parents. Waiting at least 90 days seems to be the consensus. Do i have that correct?

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Apart from signature on Naturalization certificate which needs to be representing full name of the recipient, no other place ,imho, bothers how your signature looks like. English or non english should not make a difference as long as person stating his/her name under the signature is signing it.
And if you helped your mother with the form, you signing in the area marked for if any other person or firm helping the applicant , should also be OK. I did it and I haven't received any objection/RFE for the same. I am still waiting for the 485 approval. but that's separate matter.

After reading this entire thread, i think here is what i have gathered. It is advisable to wait a little after become a Citizen before filing for GC for parents. Waiting at least 90 days seems to be the consensus. Do i have that correct?

No, you don't. As soon as you have the USC certificate, you can start filing GC for your parents (Don't even need to wait for US passport). Good luck.

I think the consesus is to wait for 90-120 days after parents come to USA, if you intend to do AOS for your parents. That means , if they are already here for 3/4 months and you got your citizenship today, imho, technically you are good to apply for their GC right away. The underlying thought is your parents did not land up in the US with pre-conceived notion of obtaining immigrant status. They stayed here for 100 days, understood the pros and cons and then decided for GC. Your citizenship date should not directly affect their intensions.

I wonder about that too. On some other thread i asked the same question to another person who had sent the letter of good conduct and received GC for his parent. It took him about 3 weeks.

In my case, I sent the response, on May 4th, using next day delivery and it was delivered to them the next day (May 5th). But the USCIS website did not update the status until end of last week and it says "Response received on May 13th". The loss of these 8 days may also attribute to the delay.

Dear Vinayak: Please post the development in your parent's case as early as possible after you hear some good news. This unnecessary delay from CSC is just too much. I am trying to not get bothered about it but it is easier said than done.

I think the consesus is to wait for 90-120 days after parents come to USA, if you intend to do AOS for your parents. That means , if they are already here for 3/4 months and you got your citizenship today, imho, technically you are good to apply for their GC right away. The underlying thought is your parents did not land up in the US with pre-conceived notion of obtaining immigrant status. They stayed here for 100 days, understood the pros and cons and then decided for GC. Your citizenship date should not directly affect their intensions.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Apart from signature on Naturalization certificate which needs to be representing full name of the recipient, no other place ,imho, bothers how your signature looks like. English or non english should not make a difference as long as person stating his/her name under the signature is signing it.
And if you helped your mother with the form, you signing in the area marked for if any other person or firm helping the applicant , should also be OK. I did it and I haven't received any objection/RFE for the same. I am still waiting for the 485 approval. but that's separate matter.

That helps. Thanks.

No, I had my mother sign it.. she signed in English, I don't know if that makes a difference - But I signed as the person who prepared the application

George

Thanks.

So you left the applicant related details (signature, name, date etc.) blank. I am just trying to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's here.

EAD card received today for mum.I am glad everything is moving smoothly.
congratssss lucklilly.i sent my dad file more than 10 days ago and did not received any receipt number and they have not cleared the money orders yet.
do you think it is normal guys?
and i did not receive any of receipt date notice date and so on.

congratssss lucklilly.i sent my dad file more than 10 days ago and did not received any receipt number and they have not cleared the money orders yet.
do you think it is normal guys?
and i did not receive any of receipt date notice date and so on.

Did the tracking show that your packet is safely delivered to the destination.
You can make a printout of that information and call up customer service number :
"If you have a question about case status information provided via this site,
or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time
listed, please contact the USCIS Customer Service at
(800) 375 – 5283"

It is definitely longer than normal processing time.