Parent's Cases Only: Tracking Thread

Hi spungebob,

This is my timeline:

I-130 time line for Mother (@San Jose)
Sent: 3/23/2009
Check cashed: 3/31/2009
Notice: ???

Without receiving the notice, how did you manage to check your dad's case status?

i have a question for u guys...
so how do u know that the case's been transferred to CSC? do they like send u a mail saying this or what exactly happens?
my dad's case has started to show on the uscis website last week and it already says that our case is at the CSC...

I-485 approved

My mother's updated GC application information is shown below.
(BD = Business Days) DO = San Jose, CA.
----------------------------------
Done
11/15/08 Application sent for Mother (I-130, I-485, I-864 mailed to box in Chicago) Did not apply for EAD and AP
11/25/08 Case open
11/28/08 Checks debited in my bank account
12/09/2008 Case on hold for RFE (missing medical form I-693 and birth certificate)
12/18/08 Fingerprint done
01/10/09 Fingerprint re-do (The FBI was unable to process the first...)
01/12/09 Case re-opened
01/14/09 Case transferred to CSC for speedy processing
01/23/09 Case pending in CSC
04/01/09 LUD I-130 (still pending)
04/02/09 LUD I-130 (still pending)
04/02/09 LUD: I-130 Approval notice sent
04/06/09 I-130 Approval notice received
04/06/09 I-485 still pending
04/09/09 I-485 approval received, green card ordered (3 weeks); online the case is still pending

I have been pre-filling some of the forms and have some Qs.

For G325A , under Applicant's residence last five years, would you fill out all trips(multiple trips) parents made to the US even if its for 2-3 months at a time?

For I-765, under Section 16, Eligibility category would be C(9) ?

Regards!

I have been pre-filling some of the forms and have some Qs.

For G325A , under Applicant's residence last five years, would you fill out all trips(multiple trips) parents made to the US even if its for 2-3 months at a time?

For I-765, under Section 16, Eligibility category would be C(9) ?

Regards!

1. Residence address last five years should include:
Current US address and last 5 year residence address in their country (do not include address while they were on vacation or visiting country based on visa)

2. Yes, C(9)

Congratulation, your mom should receive her GC late next week. Very good news. Look like AOS for parents November filers start to get approved.

(BD = Business Days) DO = San Jose, CA.
Done
11/15/08 Application sent for Mother (I-130, I-485, I-864 mailed to box in Chicago) Did not apply for EAD and AP
11/25/08 Case open
11/28/08 Checks debited in my bank account
12/09/2008 Case on hold for RFE (missing medical form I-693 and birth certificate)
12/18/08 Fingerprint done
01/10/09 Fingerprint re-do (The FBI was unable to process the first...)
01/12/09 Case re-opened
01/14/09 Case transferred to CSC for speedy processing
01/23/09 Case pending in CSC
04/01/09 LUD I-130 (still pending)
04/02/09 LUD I-130 (still pending)
04/02/09 LUD: I-130 Approval notice sent
04/06/09 I-130 Approval notice received
04/06/09 I-485 still pending
04/09/09 I-485 approval received, green card ordered (3 weeks); online the case is still pending

is it normal that a case gets transferred first before FP notice gets sent? we're still not getting an FP notice. :(

is it normal that a case gets transferred first before FP notice gets sent? we're still not getting an FP notice. :(

It's not normal per se, but I saw on this forum with cases happened. In fact the sooner they transfer to CSC the sooner they review I-130/I-485.

Need some guidance on submitting I-94:

I searched thro' I-131, I-130, I-765, I-485 instructions and am unable to find instruction that tell me I need to submit photocopy of I-94.

However, in I-765 filing instructions it clearly states that if am filing under Category c(9)(which is what most parents whose child is a U.S. Citzen fall under) there is no need to submit I-94 and this runs contrary to general opinion on this forum that submission of I-94 is mandatory and required.

I understand the importance of I-94 and what it is for but can someone point me to the instructions where it says its required.

GC's received for both parents.

GC received on 4/9. Good luck to all.
-----------------------------------------
11/24/08 : Application sent for Parents(I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)
11/26/08 : USPS delivered per tracking
11/26/08 : Receipt Date(RD)
12/05/08 : Notice Date(ND)
12/08/08 : Notice Of Action-NOA Received (total 4 of I-797C for each parent)
12/18/08 : Fingerprint(FP) Notice Received
12/27/08 : Fingerprint(FP) Appointment & Done for both Parents
01/06/09 : Re-appointment for FP for Dad (1st FP was rejected)
01/15/09 : Re-FP appointment & done for Dad
02/02/09 : Case I-130/I-485 transferred to CSC for processing
02/10/09 : Advanced Parole-AP Approved
02/13/09 : Advanced Parole-AP Received
02/10/09 : Employment Auth. Card-EAD card ordered
02/17/09 : LUD I-130/I-485 cases transferred to CSC
02/23/09 : EAD card received
02/24/09 : Applied for SSN at local Social Security Service
03/06/09 : Received my parents SSN
03/31/09 : I-130 Approval Date, Letters sent out for both Parents
03/31/09 : Green Card(GC) ordered -485 Approved
04/03/09 : I-130 Approval Letters received
04/06/09 : I-485 Approval and Welcome letters received04/09/09 : GC received

Birth Certificate

For I-130 for my mother on B2..

Which of the following will be most appropriate

I have my original birth certificate partly in English and partly in native language. Does anyone know a certified translator (in Chicago area or nationally) who can translate this? OR

Is it better to get my BC from Indian Consulate? Will this be treated as original evidence or a secondary evidence which also needs to be supported by a Non-availability certificate? OR

For my Green Card, my mother and one other relative made birth date affidavits for me way back in 2000. The relative who filed the affidavit is no more. Will the same affidavits work?

I will appreciate advice / feedback on this. Feel free to add any other suggestion to establish and prove relationship with my mother.

Thanks in advance.

I searched thro' I-131, I-130, I-765, I-485 instructions and am unable to find instruction that tell me I need to submit photocopy of I-94.

However, in I-765 filing instructions it clearly states that if am filing under Category c(9)(which is what most parents whose child is a U.S. Citzen fall under) there is no need to submit I-94 and this runs contrary to general opinion on this forum that submission of I-94 is mandatory and required.

I understand the importance of I-94 and what it is for but can someone point me to the instructions where it says its required.

Second_stage: Instructions for 485 read in this paragraph, the following:
Interview.
After you file your application, you may be notified to appear at a USCIS office to answer questions about the application. You will be required to answer these questions under oath or affirmation. You must bring your Arrival-Departure Record (Form I-94) and any passport or official travel document you have to the interview.

Now , if you can eliminate interview process by providing one information that they might want to see during Interview, it is one thing less to worry.
In any case, what is the harm in submitting the photocopy if you can prove that your parents are in the status when they are applying ?

Secondly: My Practical question: The amount of time that is spent in asking the question and answering is more than getting a back n forth photocopy of I-94 and putting it along with 485 package, so why the question ?

Second_stage: Instructions for 485 read in this paragraph, the following:
Interview.
After you file your application, you may be notified to appear at a USCIS office to answer questions about the application. You will be required to answer these questions under oath or affirmation. You must bring your Arrival-Departure Record (Form I-94) and any passport or official travel document you have to the interview.

Now , if you can eliminate interview process by providing one information that they might want to see during Interview, it is one thing less to worry.
In any case, what is the harm in submitting the photocopy if you can prove that your parents are in the status when they are applying ?

Secondly: My Practical question: The amount of time that is spent in asking the question and answering is more than getting a back n forth photocopy of I-94 and putting it along with 485 package, so why the question ?

Hi Vishnu Mahadev,

I would rather study, learn from this experience rather than blindly following.
I agree if it would allow eliminating the interview, then better to submit it.

However, am not sure if this alone qualifies for subjecting applicant to an interview but advise taken and will likely submit I-94...Thanks!

For I-130 for my mother on B2..

Which of the following will be most appropriate

I have my original birth certificate partly in English and partly in native language. Does anyone know a certified translator (in Chicago area or nationally) who can translate this? OR

Is it better to get my BC from Indian Consulate? Will this be treated as original evidence or a secondary evidence which also needs to be supported by a Non-availability certificate? OR

For my Green Card, my mother and one other relative made birth date affidavits for me way back in 2000. The relative who filed the affidavit is no more. Will the same affidavits work?

I will appreciate advice / feedback on this. Feel free to add any other suggestion to establish and prove relationship with my mother.

Thanks in advance.

UK01: I would humbly request you to read instructions for all the forms you file. GENERALLY, it gives answers to many questions. e.g. The answer to your question is given in 130 instructions ( downloadable at the same place where you download 130 or any form for that matter on USCIS web site.)

What If a Document Is Not Available?
D. Affidavits: Written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons who were living at the time and who have personal knowledge of the event you are trying to prove. For example, the date and place of birth, marriage or death. The person making the affidavit does not have to be a U.S. citizen. Each affidavit should contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name, address, date and place of birth, and his or her relationship to you, if any, full information concerning the event, and complete details explaining how the person acquired knowledge of the event.

I am not a lawyer just a forum participant who read instructions for each form.

Hi Vishnu Mahadev,

I would rather study, learn from this experience rather than blindly following.
I agree if it would allow eliminating the interview, then better to submit it.

However, am not sure if this alone qualifies for subjecting applicant to an interview but advise taken and will likely submit I-94...Thanks!

Second_Stage: I also submitted passport copies showing B1/B2 visa stamped for my parent, for the same reason cited above, reduce the probabilities of interview by giving information along with the application itself. It is just preventive care. I do not want to burden te officers with over information but only precise suitable information, hence not all 36 pages of passport but just relevant pages ( first and last showing name, address, photo etc. Visa stamp incidently showing past visits stamps also, may be 4 pages. My cost: 40 cents, saved interview trip for my aging parents and all the anxiety: priceless.)

Friends: Are there any applicants who filed in or before November 2008 and still waiting for their parent's 130 & 485 approval ?

(BD = Business Days) DO = San Francisco, CA.
Done
11/21/08 :BD00: Application sent for Mother (I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)
11/25/08 :BD02: Fedex Delivered the package to the destination.
12/05/08 :BD08: Checks debited in my bank account.
11/25/08 :BD02: Receipt Date(RD)
12/05/08 :BD08: Notice Date(ND)
12/09/08 :BD10: Notice Of Action-NOA Received ( I-797C) for all four: 130, 131, 485, 765
12/18/08 :BD17: Fingerprint(FP) Notice Received
12/19/08 :BD18: Fingerprint(FP) Done before appointment as walk in.
12/23/08 :BD20: Fingerprint(FP) Appointment
12/29/08 :BD21: Case transferred to CSC for speedy processing.
01/06/09: BD27: 2nd Fingerprinting Notice Received. (The FBI was unable to process the first...)
01/08/09: BD29: 2nd Fingerprinting Done before appointment as walk in.
01/16/09: BD35: 2nd Fingerprinting appointment given
01/26/09 :BD41: Advanced Parole-AP Approved-LUD
01/26/09 :BD41: Employment Auth. Card-EAD card ordered-LUD
02/02/09 :BD46: Advanced Parole-AP Received. 2 copies. 1 year duration on both.
02/05/09 :BD49: EAD card received.
02/05/09 :BD49: Social Security Card Applied: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ss5doc/
02/11/09 :BD53: Social Security Card Received
03/27/09 :BD85: LUD for 485

Waiting
04/13/09:BD95: TODAY
??/??/09 :BDx: 130 Approved
??/??/09 :BDx: Green Card(GC) ordered -485 Approved---[ Expected to happen in April 2009 as per current timeline ]
??/??/09 :BDx: GC received-----------------------------[ Expected to happen in April 2009 as per current timeline ]

Last edited by a moderator:
One more case filed on oct 27 2008

I have filed for my inlaws
Filed on 10/27/2008
Case currently shows pending at service center it is transfered to.
Did not filed for EAD or AP

still waiting for approval.

Friends,

I have applied for GC for my mom sometime end of 2008. I did not apply for EAD and AP for her, just sent I-130 and I-485. Got the receipts and they moved the case to CSC for faster processing.

My mom would like to go to India for a visit and I need to apply for her AP. In the application for AP, it asks us to send a USCIS document that shows her valid status. But her visitor visa has expired in Jan. Could someone let me know what to send to prove her valid status in the US. Also, I would appreciate if you could let me know what all supporting documents need to be sent with form I-131. Thank you in advance

1] You could send the copy of NOA for 130 & 485 which puts her in valid status.
2] List of documents for I-131 is available in instructions for I-131: I sent
2 passport photos
Form I-131
A letter with explanation of reasons that warrant the issuance of Advanced Parole.

disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, just a forum participant waiting for parent's GC. Act accordingly.