Parents and Brother tourist visa

ubnowski

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

My parents and my brother are planning on applying for B-2 visa (tourist) very soon. My parents had a tourist visa from 2004-2009, during which time they visited me once for a month. This time my brother will accompany my parents and will be also applying for the tourist visa for the first time. They will visit here no more than 2 months. My parents are 82 and 76 years old. My parents are in decent health with usual age-related issues but fortunately nothing serious. My brother is 45 years old.

One of my concerns is regarding my brother's visa. He has been to the US for work over 10 years back but now he doesn't work and he primarily is the caretaker of my parents, which is pretty much his work. Because he doesn't have an official job will the consulate assume that he is a potential immigrant? The only reason he will be traveling is to assist my parents with the plane trips (an of course to see me :)).

Also, last time I had sent a bank statement to ensure that my parents will not be a financial liability. Is there any specific amount of money that needs to be shown for 3 people?

I have a green card since 2007.

Thank you in advance!

Since they were good visitors, your parents should not have a problem.

I suggest that your parents' doctor(s) write a statement to the effect that your brother is their caregiver. In addition, mention this is your cover letter.

There is not specific number other than it should cover their expenses - including health insurance with acute onset of preexisting condition and medevac coverage.

Every visitor to the US is presumed to be a potential immigrant until he/she proves otherwise.

Because he doesn't have an official job will the consulate assume that he is a potential immigrant?

All three of them need to convince the US consul that their visit will be temporary in nature and that they will depart the US in a timely fashion. You do not need to send them anything. They need to overcome 214(b) on their own.

Is there any specific amount of money that needs to be shown for 3 people?

Thanks to both "concerned" and "triple." I really appreciate your time.

I am trying to find out ways to make a convincing case for my brother. He has no intentions of immigrating. However, it is difficult to document that he is my parents' primary caregiver officially, other than me writing it in the cover letter and them saying it. I will need to frame the cover letter convincingly as it appears.

My dad is over 80 years. I have heard that he may not have to appear for an interview. However, it will be a good idea for all three to appear for interview as they plan to travel together.

The documentation they can show for no intention to immigrate will be bank accounts, house title, property papers etc., I believe. My dad still works and he can show that paperwork as well.

Anyway, I am thinking through all of this and hopefully all will work out!

Thanks for your help.

There's no really way of knowing for sure until you receive your passport if it has a visa attached to it or not.

I came to the USA in 2007 and became a Permanent Resident through marriage to my husband who is a US born Citizen. Our Marriage is legitimate.