pack your bags!!!Oct 05: EB3-98,EB2-99, downlaod,install firefox here, scoop!!!!!

nato

Registered Users (C)
pack your bags!!!Oct 05: EB3-98,EB2-99, downlaod,install firefox here, scoop!!!!!!!!!

by the USCIS to meet the goals they projected for 6 months processing of 485, guys with this they will surely have less load on their system , on FBI, on their call centers and they will rest and go for picinics after sending us for a long picnic back home. Don't you beleive one should start packing bags???
for people who have already field 485 they will keep getting monies by your EAD and APs and that to pay for the deficit over the next 5 years.

Those who have no reached filing of 485 will have to continue for the next 5 years with the same employer, wow. gives your desi employer more ways to screw...enjoy the new freedom!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Hate to believe though but looks true

the unavailibiltiy of EB3 from June30,05 despite Jun 02 cutoff, was indication of the heavy backlog. Guys in the forum predicting EB3 current need to get the IQ level checked.

Some reports for NSC that EB2 numbers were exhuasted also indicates that this is true, the 5 yrs here are a suprise, I was expecting this to be 2 yrs or so in Nov, but this came up even worst..

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, didn't know the family based one had EB1,EB2,EB3

surely like to believe you buddy but look at the previuos sept 05 at the same site saying E3-U, E1,E2 as C. You'd better be careful giving false hopes :D

No one would like to beleive it including myself till it is there on the state gov site, but this site can't be crap...
VJdude said:
stop scaring..its for FAMILY BASED immigration.

real cut-off dates are indeed worse than the worst predictions

VJdude said:
stop scaring..its for FAMILY BASED immigration.

VJdude, nobody's scaring anybody. I crosschecked the info. Here're the cut-off dates for Oct 2005:

INDIA, EB2: 1-Nov-99
INDIA, EB3: 1-Jan-98

Maybe we all should be scared.

Anyway people, note that even if dates have retrogressed by almost 7 and 6 years doesn't mean that you have to wait that many years before dates become current again (even with current quatas). They could move faster once they're through the hump of Apr 2001 (or was it 2002). No doubts, however,, that many long years of modern slavery are ahead of us.

As much as repugnant I find it, it's still my choice to go through this. I chose to wait for GC and live in US at the cost of few years of slavery. Living in US is afterall, a priviledge and not a right.

It's indeed terrible. Go get a drink and get over it. This is gonna be a long, cold & wet night. Dawn still has to come eventually.

yep they will move faster but still could be at least 2-3 years

this is the way for them to get 6 months projected time frames in eyes of congress...
if one has got to be with the same employer and has job assurance not much to loose..
gravitation said:
VJdude, nobody's scaring anybody. I crosschecked the info. Here're the cut-off dates for Oct 2005:

INDIA, EB2: 1-Nov-99
INDIA, EB3: 1-Jan-98

Maybe we all should be scared.

Anyway people, note that even if dates have retrogressed by almost 7 and 6 years doesn't mean that you have to wait that many years before dates become current again (even with current quatas). They could move faster once they're through the hump of Apr 2001 (or was it 2002). No doubts, however,, that many long years of modern slavery are ahead of us.

As much as repugnant I find it, it's still my choice to go through this. I chose to wait for GC and live in US at the cost of few years of slavery. Living in US is afterall, a priviledge and not a right.

It's indeed terrible. Go get a drink and get over it. This is gonna be a long, cold & wet night. Dawn still has to come eventually.

nato said:
surely like to believe you buddy but look at the previuos sept 05 at the same site saying E3-U, E1,E2 as C. You'd better be careful giving false hopes :D

No one would like to beleive it including myself till it is there on the state gov site, but this site can't be crap...

Those Dates are not the proper dates. They have to schedule the October interviews in advance. So they have taken worst possible dates. Wait for Real Visa Bulletin. Check Bombay interview Schedule. They do not scheduled the interview.

nato said:
this is the way for them to get 6 months projected time frames in eyes of congress...
if one has got to be with the same employer and has job assurance not much to loose..

On same page as you on everything except the last part. A person with GC under process loses the salary negotiation power. Most employers know that they don't have a pay fat salaries even to star-performers if the star-performers can't leave their employment.

I intend to be with the same employer for the forseable future and have excellent job assurance. From my point of view, loss is mostly financial. I estimate that the GC will cost me $100,000 or so in underpaid salary over it's entire duration. Then again, I make many times more than I would have made in India and my family and myself have much better life here in US than back home.

The only reason I'd like to have EAD asap is so that I can play ball with my employer and get the salary I deserve.

tammy2 said:
Those Dates are not the proper dates. They have to schedule the October interviews in advance. So they have taken worst possible dates. Wait for Real Visa Bulletin

Do you know this for a fact or is it a hopeful guess (nothing wrong with that either. I'm not trying to put you down at all, just trying to figure it all out). Is it something they do every month? If not, why to do this and why now?

My understanding is that in past consular notices have accurately reflected the cut-off dates. Anybody wanna chime in with more insight?

wow

those dates r awefully specific to believe that!

tammy2 said:
Those Dates are not the proper dates. They have to schedule the October interviews in advance. So they have taken worst possible dates. Wait for Real Visa Bulletin. Check Bombay interview Schedule. They do not scheduled the interview.

yep the dates are so specifc

that they don't look like generic..my guess is this is already transmitted to the consulates and manilla is one who was able to post it before the others. but for the web admin not able to post it on Friday at DOS, this should be seen on Monday sometime. if it by Tuesday morning it still doesnot show up then we will have some chance, just got to prey, this is the worst nightmare for immigrants and hope it gets over in 2 days and doesnot not prolong to 3-4 years
tammy2 said:

and also the sub labor employers will demand easily 50-100K

now instead of the usual 10-25K currently, till the labor sub is abolished. guess 100K loosing is one side but at the same time the certainity is almost not there even after having lost that kind of money. The salaries in India are not bad. I still recall my last salary in India was more than my first salary / income in US, probably more of an exception though...
gravitation said:
On same page as you on everything except the last part. A person with GC under process loses the salary negotiation power. Most employers know that they don't have a pay fat salaries even to star-performers if the star-performers can't leave their employment.

I intend to be with the same employer for the forseable future and have excellent job assurance. From my point of view, loss is mostly financial. I estimate that the GC will cost me $100,000 or so in underpaid salary over it's entire duration. Then again, I make many times more than I would have made in India and my family and myself have much better life here in US than back home.

The only reason I'd like to have EAD asap is so that I can play ball with my employer and get the salary I deserve.

pls lets discuss only about the dates and not digress into the consequences of this on our life... we all understand the problems faced by all of us and lets discuss that on some other thread.

is E3 the same as EB3 ... the dates in the sept bulletin is same as that of the "official" bulletin .. as someone said, maybe the manila folks got the bulletin and have published it.

1998 Jan for EB3 is the worst possible date we could get .. this means if you are not using substitute labor .. you had come to US sometime in 1997 ... which means you are already in US for last 8 years ... and think of this .. the h1 visa is valid for just 6 years ... (without extension).

And this is seen mostly for Indians... whats the point of having country wise quotas... in processing cases ... its not that we all are worthless feeding on their mercy ... i guess its no point expressing our frustation... as its not our right ... green card is a privelege...

Hoping that the "actual dates" are more favorable.

gravitation said:
My understanding is that in past consular notices have accurately reflected the cut-off dates. Anybody wanna chime in with more insight?
Usually the consulates have info 4-5 days before the bulletin comes out. I know this as my case has gone to the consulate in Jan (because I applied thru consular processing) and every month about the 5th -10th someone will get a reply from the consulate telling the correct P.D. Till now they have never been wrong. This said, till now I have not heard from the consulate this month - neither has anyone I know.
Sandeep

guess just some weekend delays, and we should see monday on D.O.State

Sandeep_N said:
Usually the consulates have info 4-5 days before the bulletin comes out. I know this as my case has gone to the consulate in Jan (because I applied thru consular processing) and every month about the 5th -10th someone will get a reply from the consulate telling the correct P.D. Till now they have never been wrong. This said, till now I have not heard from the consulate this month - neither has anyone I know.
Sandeep

First of all I want to say that I do not disbelieve these dates. However, I do not think that there are that many APPROVED labors before march, 2001 in worldwide category. Do you think they are reserving visas for the ~150-200 thousand people that filed their TR in April 2001? If that is the explanation for retrogression then our wait will be endless.

longwait5 said:
First of all I want to say that I do not disbelieve these dates. However, I do not think that there are that many APPROVED labors before march, 2001 in worldwide category. Do you think they are reserving visas for the ~150-200 thousand people that filed their TR in April 2001? If that is the explanation for retrogression then our wait will be endless.

But don't those amnesty people belong to EB3 category?! How come EB2 and even EB1 can retrogress because because of that?

UnitedNations,
Thanks first of all for your views.
You have been there for many crucial issues and now your presence on this makes us feel better.

It makes me nervous that the dates have gone so back and it seems to me unrealistic.

Couple of bills, abolishing labor substitution, unsued labor (by way of substitutions , quiting the jobs and going back home etc) should definitely help.

Many of us initiated some movements by way of sending mails, letters to the respective senetors/representives and now we all have realized that a major push is need of the hour.

All in all, I am convinced that it would get better soon...

unitednations said:
let's just say this is true;

I haven't looked this up in a while, so any corrections are welcome;

When ac21 came about, it allowed any greencards that weren't used by other countries to be used by oversubscribed countries. Now, from what I remember, this isn't supposed to happen until the fourth quarter (July to September).

What happened this year was truly unacceptable. Some countries got unused greencards from other countries when they shouldn't have. Maybe department of state learned and will correct it this time around. Therefore, if this is the case then very few greencards from india, china, phillipines will be given in the first three quarters. However, the unused ones will then go these countries in the fourth quarter.

There are a few other things that will help;

Labor substitution; once it is abolished then the approximately 400,000 backlogged labors will go unused. The average consultant I know has two to three labors pending from different companies. Some people have a backlogged labor and then filed in maine and got their greencards through those companies. In other cases, spouses each had labors pending and one of them got the greencard.

by my estimation, those 400,000 backlogged labors, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 will be useable.

There are a couple of bills making it through law. One of them is to get rid of the greencard lottery and allocate those 50,000 greencards to employment base. Therefore, it will go from 140,000 to 190,000. The second bill if passed will have 290,000 greencards for employment base. One of these two bills will get passed fairly soon.

Therefore, the combination of getting rid of labor substitution and increase in the number of greencards will get the priority dates to be current fairly soon.

Also, I think those numbers are suspect. There is no way in one month that department of state will say that eb2 will retrogress no later then december and then all of a sudden in october it goes all the way back to 1998. Also, I don't even know how many labors from that far back would not have been used yet.

To gravitation
But don't those amnesty people belong to EB3 category?! How come EB2 and even EB1 can retrogress because because of that?

Most of EB3 amnesty people have non-RIR labor and are not approved yet.