Overstaying issue!!..help

JaiJawan

Registered Users (C)
Hi ‘B1 visa gurus’,

I am in a dilemma regarding my B1 visa issue. I am a Canadian landed immigrant currently living in Toronto. I have my own successful business here. I will need to visit USA for a business related trip for about 7 days.

Earlier to that, I was living in US on H1B visa. I overstayed the date on my H1B and I-94 by 32 days since i had to windup my stuff in US and was in the process of moving to Canada permanently.

1) How bad will this affect my chances of getting a b1 visa?

2) I have all the business related documents in order.

3) Can i afford to omit this "32 days" in my B1 visa application?

I would appreciate it very much if anyone can throw some light on my predicament....

Thanks and regards,

Jai .
Canada.
:(

I am in a dilemma regarding my B1 visa issue. I am a Canadian landed immigrant currently living in Toronto. I have my own successful business here. I will need to visit USA for a business related trip for about 7 days.

Earlier to that, I was living in US on H1B visa. I overstayed the date on my H1B and I-94 by 32 days since i had to windup my stuff in US and was in the process of moving to Canada permanently.

1) How bad will this affect my chances of getting a b1 visa?
It depends on the officer and I don’t know when you surrendered your I-94 at Airline or border post, it may came up if the officer checks the BCIS computer, if one stays more than 180 days after I-94 expiry than 3 years bar starts, they may forgive they may not, nobody can give you guarantee for US visa
2) I have all the business related documents in order.
-- That may be plus
3) Can I afford to omit this "32 days" in my B1 visa application?
-- Better is to write the truth on application if the form asks, no need to volunteer the Info if at time of Interview asked tell the truth.

--You will know the out come only when you apply for Visa

-If you have shown immigrant intent in past for US by fling I-140 (immigrant petition by you or any employer in the past when you were on H1) that may go against you, they deny the visitor Visa even if the H1, O, P Visa have dual intent

Thanks Ginnu!!

thanks Ginnu for your timely advice.
I have my Visa interview next week.

i did surrender my I-94 at a border post via car.

well, lets see what comes out of it.

thanks again,

jai jawan
Canada.
:)

Got My B1(business visa)

Got My B1(Business) visa!!
Finally..after all my misgivings and doubts ...i picked up my B1 visa.

I expected them to give me for 6 months..

But, I was pleasantly shocked to see 5 years period on my visa.

Anyway, Thanks everyone for the excellent discussion here in this forum.

If i face any unpleasant experiences at the border, i will let you all known....

Jai Jawan
Torornto.

:)