Out of Status Entreprenuer

vanesta

My employer was in US legally 14 years ago with F1 visa, she dropped out of college to start a company in silicon valley (obviously by then she was out of status). Now she and her partner (USC) are quite successful with their startup (disclosure: I'm employed by her).

The firm generates roughly $4m net profit yearly with 54 USC employee. Is there a way for her to adjust her status or she will be bar from US for quite sometimes? We heard talks of her moving the company to Canada (which I totally disagree!)

Thanks

EB-5 investment visa

I saw your post and thought to reply with our website. I manage an EB-5investment center and thought you might be interested. If you have any questions about the EB-5 investment visa program, which unltimately leads to permanent residency, don't hesitate to ask..

We do all of our investments through Marriott International, Inc. and consider our program the best investment program available through the EB-5 program.

Please reply if you have any questions...

Thanks,

Mike
michael@mountainstatescenter.com

Why is she looking to get any kind of status in the us when she is already doing so well(alegedly) ??- she can move to canada as you mentioned or even better to australia or even europe and get fantastic tax breaks as a start up business - in slovakia she can get up to 6000 dollars from the local gov. For each employee and 0 tax -yes that would be zero tax on fixed net income for say next 5 or even 10 years she can set up net treshold of say 1 000 000 dollars and pay no taxes on that amount for up to 10 years)!!! - lots of us companies have set up their european operations in the east europe because of those benefits + labour force is cheaper in those countries then here in the usa - its win+win +win situation .you should really exploit that kind of option rather then to keep hitting the wall over here and tussle with the irs.immigration etc which is gonna cost you money+ time for nothing

She definitely needs to contact an immigration lawyer on this one! Unfortunately the US Government does not play nice with anyone who overstays a visa here.

Matt
usainvestco.com

I'm currently 'PR Pending' and was told I could adjust to EB5 with 285i eligibility. Someone correct me but I don't think it's possible without it.

I'm currently 'PR Pending' and was told I could adjust to EB5 with 285i eligibility. Someone correct me but I don't think it's possible without it.

What do you mean that you "PR Pending"? That seems to indicate that you have an I-485 filed and waiting for adjustment of status based on an approved immigrant petition. Provide more details and maybe you can get some answers.