Our citizenship experience / Extensive travel

Bayarea1

Team,

Wanted to share our citizenship experience with the members of this forum. We mailed our N400 (self and wife) on Aug 10th to AZ lock box facility. Major milestones are given below. Pretty much most of the events happened at the same time for both my wife and I. Ours is based on EB2 category.

San Francisco DO
Finger printing Notice 9/15/09 ( we did walk-in on 9/4/09 in Oakland, CA)
Interview date 11/3/09 (Recommended for approval)
Oath Date (11/19/09)
Passport received on 11/20/09 (same day service in San Francisco)

Everything went smooth. In the interview, it took 10 mins approx for each of us. Basic questions and verified information on the application during interview. The only thing I was concerned was my extensive business travel during interview. I have traveled 39 times (close to 400 days) in the last five years (all are short trips). But when the interviewing officer came to the travel section of the application, asked for my passports. I handed over two thick passports full of stampings. She didn't even bother to open it or even verify any of the travel dates ( even though I offered to walk her through since I had everything mapped out in a spread sheet). I think she was checking for ties to USA since we bought a house since we were on H1B and our kids were going to school here. I updated my travel info in the application during the interview (since I traveled after sending in application). Overall experience was good for both of us. We got the oath letter in mail in 7-10 days and the oath was in SFO city. 1273 people took the oath. I did travel after the interview and checked the travel box while handing over the oath letter. I was asked whether I traveled more than 6 months which I was not. Got the naturalization certificate after oath and went next day to the San Francisco passport office (made prior appointment over the phone). Handed in the passport application at 10.30 am and got my passport at 3.30 pm the same day (you need to show you have confirmed ticket to use this office). I requested a thick passport with 48 pages instead of 24 pages and the officer wanted to see my old passport to see whether I do travel frequently. I showed my prior passports (luckily it was in my briefcase) and he flipped through real quick and made some notes. At 3.30 I got my thick passport!!

At the interview my wife had two traffic tickets and she was asked to show proof of payment which she did. Nothing out of the ordinary.

We were very much impressed with the smooth sailing of the N400 process. This forum was informative and helpful for us to prepare for the N400 application/interview. Hopefully our experience will help somebody to complete their N400 process.

Wishing you all in N400 process good luck !!

Passport Question

I didn't know there is a US PP with 48 Pages, I am waiting for my IL and I do travel very often for business. Does anyone know weather we can apply for this 48 page pP at the local post Office or it is something we need to go to the Pasport Office?. The regular US passport has very few pages for stamps and visas not good for frequesnt travelers...

" I requested a thick passport with 48 pages instead of 24 pages and the officer wanted to see my old passport to see whether I do travel frequently. I showed my prior passports (luckily it was in my briefcase) and he flipped through real quick and made some notes. At 3.30 I got my thick passport!!

Re read the original post. The OP applied for US passport and requested US passport with 48 pages, which is available.
OK, I see that now. I thought the 48-page passport was referring to the thick passports that were handed to the IO at the interview.