Orlando, FL - N-400 Timeline

Congratulations! I'm so glad it went smoothly. Have fun on Friday and take lots of pictures! Make sure you get there no less than 30 minutes early since empty parking spots were hard to find when I went for my ceremony.

Thank You David, its been fun comparing notes. I'm not able to go on Friday, but her Fiance will be there, and will get pictures for me.

Passed the interview today, recommended for approval. Awaiting the Oath letter/date now.

Interviewer was very professional, he went thru the application. Asked 6 question, then asked me to write " we have one hundred senators"

I took a whole bunch of documentation since had several long trips close to the beginning of 5 yr period. He asked me about my laptop bag, I told him they were documents. He said he didn't need to see anything. Interview took about 30 mins

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a call from USCIS office this morning to tell me that I missed the oath ceremony, and that they would extend my invitation for the 2:30pm ceremony; but I left home on Sunday and am in Newark.

Is it possible to try a walk in oath this coming Friday?

I was on work and hadn't gotten a mail of the schedule until Saturday last. Wow, at least I know I have been approved, will have to figure out a way to either walk-in or reschedule the oath. Will be getting home this evening and have to check my mail.

Sent the local USCIS office a letter stating the reason I missed and requested a reschedule of week of Oct 5 or later.

Received my rescheduled Oath Letter

Hi Everyone, Can you do a walk-in FP in the Orlando office? Please let me know..
Thanks

They do allow it if they are not too busy. We were advised that the afternoons are a better chance for walk in as it tends to be quieter. we went about 3 PM and had no problem.

I did my interview 04/28/11 and the IO congratulates me and gave me the N-652 with a check next to “Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval”. The IO told me I will receive the oath letter in the mail.I do not know why he did not offer same day Oath or provide me with a specific date.
Anybody know how long it normally take to get an oath letter and what is the cost and requirement to apply for the passport at the oath ceremony.

in Orlando they have been doing oaths every Friday, and with My daughter and also my friend they arranged the oath at the interview for the Friday of the same week. Maybe they are a bit backed up.

I think you have to make an appointment at the post office to apply for your passport, but they were handing out the forms after the oath ceremony. there are also people there to take voter registrations.

in Orlando they have been doing oaths every Friday, and with My daughter and also my friend they arranged the oath at the interview for the Friday of the same week. Maybe they are a bit backed up.

I think you have to make an appointment at the post office to apply for your passport, but they were handing out the forms after the oath ceremony. there are also people there to take voter registrations.

Thanks for sharing your experience and opinion. I just wonder why the IO said I should expect the oath letter in the mail. Hopefully I won’t have to wait for too long.

I thank God Almighty and this forum. I finally received my oath letter. My oath date is going to be next week 05/13.
Anybody have idea about applying for passport and/or passport ID at the oath ceremony. I want to know the cost, what documents are required and the process.

I thank God Almighty and this forum. I finally received my oath letter. My oath date is going to be next week 05/13.
Anybody have idea about applying for passport and/or passport ID at the oath ceremony. I want to know the cost, what documents are required and the process.

You won't be able to apply for a passport at the ceremony. You'll only be able to register to vote, which is free.

Glory be to God Almighty after eleven and a half years in this God’s Own Country, I finally became a US Citizen @ around 9:30 am this morning. I give thanks to God, to the great people with the great foresight to create this forum and also to all the members of this forum that share their experiences and give valuable advice.
May God bless all of us and wish everyone best of luck in all our endeavors.

I know this is an older thread but rather then start a new one I figured this could continued to be used as the "Orlando" tracker.

This is a VERY exciting journey to start and wanted to thank everyone that contributes to this forum to ease the minds of folks like me who are just getting started. I will do my best to keep this thread up to date and hopefully others in this area will do the same.

06/28/2011 - N400 Application sent to Dallas Lock box
07/01/2011 - Received Date
07/01/2011 - Priority Date
07/07/2011 - NOA
XXXXXXXX - Check cashed
XXXXXXXX - I-797 Received
XXXXXXXX – Fingerprint Letter Sent
XXXXXXXX – FP done
XXXXXXXX - Interview Letter Sent
XXXXXXXX - Interview complete
XXXXXXXX - Oath Letter Received
XXXXXXXX - Oath Ceremony Completed
XXXXXXXX - Passport Application Submitted
XXXXXXXX - Passport Received

06/25/2011 - N400 to Dallas / express mail
06/27/2011 - received date
06/30/2011 - check cashed
07/05/2011 - I-797 recieved
07/08/2011 - FP letter sent

06/25/2011 - N400 to Dallas / express mail
06/27/2011 - received date
06/30/2011 - check cashed
07/05/2011 - I-797 recieved
07/08/2011 - FP letter sent
07/11/2011 - FP letter recieved - for 08/02/2011

Thanks for the update, your moving right along! Do you plan on waiting till the appointment date or just walking in?