07/31/2009 Mailed N-400 to TX
08/03/2009 Delivery Received Date to TX
08/11/2009 I-797C Notice Date
08/16/2009 I-797C Received Date
08/25/2009 Fingerprint Appointment Date
08/21/2009 Fingerprint Walk-In
09/08/2009 Interview Letter Received Date
10/13/2009 Interview Date
10/13/2009 Oath Letter Received Date (Right after interview that day)
10/23/2009 Oath Date (at Orlando Magic Game :))

Oath letter

I know Orlando has oath every Friday.Was 23rd oath full or there was another reason your oath was expected for 30th?

I couldnt go for the Oath on the 23rd so he told me they will sent me a letter for the one on the 30th but is the 28th already and nothing..
Do you think probably they will send me to another one? I am a little concern.

I would get infopass or call CS and have them submit inquiry to avoid more delay if IO place your file in the side and have forgotten about it.

08/17/2009 Mailed N-400 to TX
08/20/2009 Delivery Received Date to TX
08/25/2009 Check Cashed Date
08/24/2009 I-797C Notice Date
08/28/2009 I-797C Received Date
08/27/2009 Fingerprint Notice Date
08/31/2009 Fingerprint Notice Received Date
09/15/2009 Fingerprint Appointment Date
09/01/2009 Fingerprint Walk-in Date
09/26/2009 Yellow Letter Received with IL
09/26/2009 Interview Letter Received Date
10/28/2009 Interview Date
10/28/2009 Oath Letter Received Date
10/30/2009 Oath Date

Hello,

Is there any marriage based applicants, who can share their interview experience for naturalization? Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

I have recently sent mine application for naturalization to the Texas, and just got the first NOA, so, I am very excited about it, and would appreciate if enyone else who already passed an interview in Orlando DO will help me out with an information about this process.

Thank you in advance,
Cordially.

N-400

Friends,

I sent my N-400 application in sept and got the Delivery recd - 10/01/09
Its been over 4 weeks and I have not received the FP notice.

In this post I notice almost everybody got there FP notice within 2-3 weeks.

so Yesterday I called 800 Number and they file for service request.

Anyone knows how long it takes after service request to get the FP notice.

Thanks

Something really odd happen yesterday. I was scheduled to come to the Citizenship Interview on 11/17/2009. However, a lady from INS office in Orlando called me and asked when I could come for the Interview.... I told her that I was already scheduled for November 17th. She replied: I am currently working on your file and I saw the letter you attached so I wanted to see if you have time this week. I laughed and said that I haven't studied a lot yet for the test and she was like you should be able to ace it since you have been here for 9 years. We both agreed that Monday would be better which gives me time to study lol. I called my friend who owns a Immigration Service Firm and he says that this almost never happens. I am so amazed by the short turn around time.... :eek:

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center
Local INS Office: Orlando
N-400 Mailed : 09/01/2009
Priority Date: 09/02/2009
Check Cashed by INS: 09/13/2009
FP Notice Date : 09/22/2009
FP Date : 10/06/2009
Interview Date: 11/17/2009
New Interview Date: 11/09/2009

So how was your interview experience this past Monday? Do you have Oath Day this Friday (tomorrow) too? :eek:

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center
Local INS Office: Orlando
N-400 Mailed : 09/01/2009
Priority Date: 09/02/2009
Check Cashed by INS: 09/13/2009
FP Notice Date : 09/22/2009
FP Date : 10/06/2009
Interview Date: 11/17/2009
New Interview Date: 11/09/2009
Oath Day: 11/13/2009
(2 Month, 2 Weeks, and 3 Days)

re oat date

interview went good for some reason there could not print letter out for oath this Friday. she told me should get letter in few days for oath on 20 nov interview was for 7.30am

My family and I had our interviews yesterday. Each of us were called by a different officer. All were very nice and professional. Interview took 10 minutes. Oath is this Friday.

Good luck everybody.

Let me add my experience.

++++++++
01/21/2010 --- N-400 Mailed USPS priority to Texas P.O.Box (3 month prior to 5 year limit)
01/24/2010 --- N-400 Delivered (First time to see usps delivered on sunday!)
01/27/2010 --- Checks cashed
01/27/2010 --- Notice Letter Date
02/01/2010 --- Notice received
02/03/2010 --- F.P. Letter Date
02/17/2010 --- F.P. Date
02/22/2010 --- Interview letter Date
02/25/2010 --- Interview letter received
04/07/2010 --- Interview Date (5 Year limit not reached yet, Oath letter to follow)
04/26/2010 --- Oath letter Date
04/27/2010 --- Oath letter received
05/07/2010 --- Oath Date
05/07/2010 --- Passport Application
++++++++

God Bless.

Thanks Rico. First of all, congratulations!

I'm waiting for my file to be transferred to the Orlando office so that they can generate the interview letter. I hope it won't be much longer.

It seems like they are moving pretty fast.

Quick question - where did the interview happen? Was it at the same place as where they took your fingerprints (by the airport) or somewhere else?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how was your interview experience?

Thanks!

I just went through the Interview process in Orlando and I wanted to take a couple of minutes to post my experience.

The USCIS offices are in a fairly new building in an area near the airport. I used my GPS to navigate to the address and it ended up taking me to a Dead End road, so please make sure that you have alternative directions to get there or that your GPS has a DETOUR option, that's what saved my day.

I arrived to the address on the Interview letter. There's plenty of free parking so don't worry about this. I showed my interview letter and then I went through a security checkpoint similar to that of airports.

I was asked to leave my letter at a window and to wait for my name to be called. I left the letter and before I even sat down, an older gentleman came out of a door and called my name. He said "I didn't see your interview letter" so I explained that I had just left it at the window. He went to get it and he asked me to follow him to his office.

He asked me to remain standing and he made me swear that I would tell the truth. I did.

We sat down and he started talking to me about my country of origin, sports, etc. We probably spent about 5 minutes on idle chit chat. This was probably both to calm me down and to check my level of English.

After a few minutes of talking about all sorts of things, he started by verifying my identity, and then he used his computer to check when I applied (3/22) vs when I'd be eligible for Naturalization (6/15) and he said "85 days early, so that's OK" This means that they are indeed picky about when you send in your application, so please wait a few extra days once you reach the 90 day mark. They do check!

We started with the test. These are the questions I was asked:
- What is freedom of religion?
- How many Senators are there?
- When do men have to register for selective service?
- Name one state that borders Canada
- What ocean is on the East coast?
- When was the Constitution written?

Then we moved on to the English test. I had to read "what do we have to pay to the Government?" And I had to write "We pay taxes."

He then went through the entire application at record-breaking speed. When he finished he flipped through some of my old paperwork. I saw some of the forms and supporting documentation we had sent for the I-140 years ago.

He signed my application, then he showed me how I had signed the N400 and he asked me to use the same signature to sign the bottom of the N400 application and to also use the same signature on the front of each of the 2 photographs I had mailed in.

He never asked for any other documentation even though I brought everything you could think of. Better safe than sorry.

At this point he grabbed a stamp with the words APPROVED on it and stamped my application. He asked me if I could attend an Oath Ceremony this Friday, I said I could. He asked me to wait outside and that someone would give me the Oath Letter in about an hour. He also gave me a form saying that I had passed the English and History exams and that I was recommended for Approval.

An hour later a lady came out and called out 4 names and she gave all of us the Oath Letter.

Everything moved fast and smoothly. There were no surprises. Now I'm just a few days away from becoming a US citizen.

Last edited by a moderator:
cfiler,

Thank you for sharing your interview experience and happy it all worked out fine.

And good luck to your oath ceremony.

my daughter passed interview today in Orlando, and takes oath this Friday Aug 13th. Very quick, easy parking, and nice polite young lady interviewing. She clarified the questions on the N400, asked 6 questions, and issued the congratulations letter.

Congratulations! I'm so glad it went smoothly. Have fun on Friday and take lots of pictures! Make sure you get there no less than 30 minutes early since empty parking spots were hard to find when I went for my ceremony.