Oregon SESA Processing Times

No Title

Hi Guys,
If you tracked the processing times, following is the schedule progress.
06/27/2001 - Processing 14th March
07/05/2001 - " 21st March
07/12/2001 - " 27th March
This proves that things are moving at a pace of a day atleast per processing day. On the other hand CA is moving almost at a pace of 2 days for each processing day. In this situation I dont see why it should take an year for reaching May 18th PD. I wonder if they are just trying to cover their ass by not over promising.

In any case I think we should contact the right authorities to make them aware of the resource crunch at OR SESA so that they can take ome timely action for this. I think the name of the game is " Cry loud" before some thing happens. It works in most of the situations. Lets find the details of the OR DOL, OR Governer and the Senator so that we can atleast let them be aware of the situation. Otherwise we may be in a problem going forward.

No Title

SP,
You put the same message on the 12th. Did you also check today the 16th. Infact I talked to them on Friday and was told that the delays are because of a cut down in the staff where they need more to process the LCs. They told me the only best way is to go ahead and talk / mail to the Senators and put some pressure on them to resolve the issue by allocating more resources for this job. I am in the process of collecting the contact details for these guys and shall have the info posted so that all of us can follow up on it.

No Title

Hi Guys,
As promised before I did my part of the research to find the appropriate people to be contacted for expeditin the LC process. As all of us know 2 out of the 3 people processing LC applications at OR SESA office in Salem have been taken off to do some other work. Thats why the delays are expected to be as much as 1 year. I was also informed by them to contact the Senators and state legislature to let them know of this situation so that timely and appropriate action can be taken. I did my part. Already sent mails to both the Federal Senators and taked to Wyden\'s office today. I think all of us should do our part rather than just waiting for things to happen. Lets be proactive and lets all reap the fruits together. Following re the details of the people that need to be contacted. Send mails as well as contact them over phone. They have been very curteous and said will keep any information confidential. Please keep all the relevant information handy to talk. Like RIR, OR SESA phone number., etc. Dont be in a complaining mode but effort should be to have them act on this inefficiency. Also I cited that California is processing faster which means we guys are losing out.

Federal Senator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senator Ron Wyden (Democrat-OR)
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-5244
Fax: (202) 228-2717
E-Mail : http://www.senate.gov/~wyden/mail.htm

Senator Gordon Smith (Republican-OR)
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-3753
Fax: (202) 228-3997
E-Mail : oregon@gsmith.senate.gov

Federal Representative
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Representative David Wu (Democrat-01)
United States House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-0855
Fax: (202) 225-9497
E-Mail : david.wu@mail.house.gov

State Senator
Senator Thomas Hartung (Republican-003)
State Capitol
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: (503) 986-1703
Fax: (503) 986-1987
E-Mail : hartung.sen@state.or.us

State Representative
Representative Charlie Ringo (Democrat-006)
State Capitol
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: (503) 986-1406
Fax: (503) 986-1561
E-Mail : ringo.rep@state.or.us

No Title

I just talked to Pat at the SESA office. He is serious when he said it will take about an year to process the applications with the current number of employees which is only himself. I think it is time for all of us to start working on this stuff. He also indicated that today he is only processing March 28th which is kind of sad. I think each one of us have to take good amount of initiation to contact the Senators., etc so that this matter is looked into and proper resources are allocated to finish this.

I also talked to the offices of Pats boss ( 503 947 1681) and also the Director od Employement services ( 503 947 1477) along with the other offices. I am sure they are looking into it but it needs more force like as many as possible calling them.

No Title

Our attorney says US Consulate does not accept Marriage or Birth Certificates issued from the Indian Embassy/Consulate. This is mentioned in Immihelp.com as well. I am in the same boat and am trying to find options in getting both the documents registered

No Title

Hi QuestionAsked,
I saw your below posting regarding receipt by DOL.
Did you get any response yet from Seattle DOL? Do you daily electronically check the status by sending email to lcstatus10@doleta.gov (FYI - info on status checking via email is in http://www.immigration-law.com/ and DOL processing times)
Best regards
Raj

>>Posted By: Question Asked 6/26/01 7:28 PM
>>(#9 of 32)
>>My Oregon LC:
>>Received by DOL: 04/13/01, RIR EB2, still no response.

PS: Guys - I have sent emails to the senators as well regarding SESA delay :)

Oregon SESA Processing times !!!

Hi Guys,

I was talking to different people in the state and Federal representatives office. This can not be a single person\'s efforts. We all have to put pressure together. SO please use the leads and follow up on this.

thanks guys

I checked the DOL email status check for my labor, finally it got approved yesterday. Thanks Guys, particularly Gruha.
Best regards
Raj

No Title

Hi all,
Thats good news. Looks like things are moving. If they happen to finish the 30th March immediately it will jump to 2nd April as 31st and 1st are week end.
Also RajKumar, Congrats on having your LC cleared. Go file for your I140 immediately. Especially if yours is EB3 they are clearing it really fast now.

thanks again

Thanks Gruha. Yes, it is going to be EB3. Also, I think it is going to be NSC. I have followed up with my attorney office. I hope it gets filed by this Friday. Is there any automated process to check I-140 status like (voice response, email)?
Best regards
Raj

No Title

Yes there are Automated numbers using your Case number you can check with regularly. I heard NSC 140 is going really great but 485 is kind of long. Lets hope by the time you get to 485 they will clear off all the back log and start rocking. The NSC numeber for status checking is Nebraska Service Center (402-323-7830)

850 "S" Street
Lincoln, Nebraska 68508

case number?

Hi Gruha,
Is the case number same as my labor case number Or will be it assigned after NSC receives it (receipt number?)?
Thanks.
Best regards
Raj

No Title

Thanks a lot SP. That is good news. Atleastnow they are not saying it will take an year or forever. If they just say they cant predict that means they are just covering themselves and also the PD is moving fast like 26th to 5th in a week or so. Lets hope things move fast. And also hope that the 245(i) is put on hold for the next few months.

No Title

Hi Guys,

I am baffled. I called up SESA today and the lady there said they are procesing 5th April still. Last update that I had from SP was they were processing this date almost 10 days back ( actually there are 5 working days). May be whole of last week they concentrated on the Regular LCs. Dont know what is happening. I expected them to move a little bit atleast. Have you guys been calling the different contacts that I sent??.

Hi SP Did you find out today !!!

Hi SP,

You said you will fin out from SESA today on the current processing. DId you do that ??

Question Asked, Whatsssss Up !!!

Hi Question Asked,
You are the next in the Q and are very close. We are all eagerly waiting for your status.

Here are the numbers !!!

I found the following numbers of the key people. I am calling both of them. Guys, you also please call them and make sure they understand the problem as this is all of our problem not just one of us. Lets not be fence sitters.

Sylvia ( Pat- the person who processes the LCs\'s boss) - 503 947 1681
OR Director of Employment Certifications - 503 947 1477

No Title

HI SP,

Looks like there are lot of fence sitters in this thread. Guys, this is all of our problem. Dont expect just a couple of guys to work on it and the rest reap the fruits of the effort. Lets be fare.
I will call on tuesdays to update the list. I am also calling the other numbers to politely explain them of the problem.

No Title

Hi SP,
I thought Pat was on leave till 20th. So calling him to find the progress for one day might not be helpful. Thats why decided to start the Tuesdays from next week. Please post your Friday query results.