options for EB3 India

nemo7

Registered Users (C)
I was wondering if we could get some representative who can talk to USCIS/DOS officials and discuss where we stand on India EB3 visa availibility and how would it be moving in coming months/year.

Just a thought..

Or a relaxed Walk?

I don’t think we get the answer we needed for any questions asked to DOL/DOS/USCIS.

My best bet would be to gather every one in front of Capitol or Whitehouse and have a walk...Or Gather in time square and have a walk in Broadway to get media attention.

We can do this on weekends so as to solve two purposes. One is to get media attention and other one is to relax and enjoy NYC or Washington DC (and meet new friends (strictly no chain marketing!!!)).

-GCLover007

I am ready to whatever it takes to send our concern to deaf ears..

I want to use their own slogan as our weapon, they are saying to all illegals to come in this country legally and stand in a line for GC, but on other hand they have Scr**** the legal aliens by visa number allocation.
Instead of predicting visa bulletin each month, we should get done something and its the right time to hit the nail as elections are near..

But I think we need a strong leader/ a legal representative to talk on behalf of us as no revolution/battle can be won without strong leadership..

From their perspective ...

nemo7 said:
I am ready to whatever it takes to send our concern to deaf ears..

I want to use their own slogan as our weapon, they are saying to all illegals to come in this country legally and stand in a line for GC, but on other hand they have Scr**** the legal aliens by visa number allocation.
Instead of predicting visa bulletin each month, we should get done something and its the right time to hit the nail as elections are near..

But I think we need a strong leader/ a legal representative to talk on behalf of us as no revolution/battle can be won without strong leadership..

nemo7,

I totally understand and share your frustration but if you take a minute to think of this situation from the perspective of the US government, you will quickly realize what we are up against. So far as they (the US government/DOS/DOL/USCIS) are concerned, the immigration process has rarely been better. As I have mentioned before, 75-80% of the EB process is doing really well. Most categories are current and people with current PDs are getting their GCs within 6 months. This is a huge accomplishment for them because they have never been able to fix anything in the past. Now they have fixed 80% of the process through severe retrogression and are making sure that the 245i beast doesn't ruin things. This unprecendented improvement in the process had to come at a cost and unfortunately the EB3 category is the casualty. It is another matter that the reinstatement of the 245i provision was a reckless act that was carried out without proper planning. I bet the law makers looked at the whole 245i situation and determined that EB3 is a disposable category. Hence 245i was thrown into the mix with EB3.

Anyway, a law change (if it ever happens) is the only solution. Lets wait and see.

later,

saras

You are right, Eb1 and EB2 are doing good, but other categories have retrogressed for more than 4 years.

But I dont think they dont care to retain the other categories. I think there's one group that does not support any kind of immigration and the other group that supports legal immigration, they dont care for categories.. And large task force of legal alien falls in categories other than EB1 and EB2. I wont consider 80% GC applicant falls in EB1 and EB2, maybe only 20%, so in reality they only fixed 20% and not 80%.

Yes but ..

nemo7 said:
You are right, Eb1 and EB2 are doing good, but other categories have retrogressed for more than 4 years.

But I dont think they dont care to retain the other categories. I think there's one group that does not support any kind of immigration and the other group that supports legal immigration, they dont care for categories.. And large task force of legal alien falls in categories other than EB1 and EB2. I wont consider 80% GC applicant falls in EB1 and EB2, maybe only 20%, so in reality they only fixed 20% and not 80%.

nem07,

You are correct about the % of cases in EB3. We are in majority. However, within the EB3 category only Mexico and India are really suffering at this point. EB3 ROW has moved and continues to move with each bulletin and EB3 China has been moving ahead as well. So the only problem is with Mexico and India EB3. Huge problems within these two categories are not of big concern to law makers and corporations alike. If we make a huge deal of the delays, the law makers will simply state that there are to many of us here and that to many of our countrymen (Indian and Mexican) were illegal and chose to utilize the provisions within 245i. They won't come out and say it in exactly those terms due to "political correctness" but the message will be clear. So the blame will be quickly shifted onto us as minorities that are wrought with problems of illegal immigration, abuse of current laws and unprecendented migration to the US. I am afraid we do not have much of a case.

At this time there is no incentive to fix this system in anyway. Lets hope things change in the future.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends, Indians(EB3) and countrymen
At the risk of being the devil's advocate I wanna lay out the writings on the wall. Correct me if u don't agree with anything. For the past 1 year I've waited and watched but u can't belie the numbers.

DOL Backlog - 362,000
Conservative Estimate for getting past the 140 - 160,000
India share(based on 40% H1 consumption) - 64,000
EB3 share (conservative) - 40,000
Pre Apr,01(245i and regular) conervative share - 14,000

With EB3 ROW retrogessed and India EB3 stuck at 2800(1400 primary), it will take atleast 14000/1400 = 10 years for Apr,01 hurdle to clear even by very conservative estimates.
EB3 Indians should stop looking at these bulletins unless EB3 ROW is current or there is a change in law!

CoolTiger said:
Friends, Indians(EB3) and countrymen
At the risk of being the devil's advocate I wanna lay out the writings on the wall. Correct me if u don't agree with anything. For the past 1 year I've waited and watched but u can't belie the numbers.

DOL Backlog - 362,000
Conservative Estimate for getting past the 140 - 160,000
India share(based on 40% H1 consumption) - 64,000
EB3 share (conservative) - 40,000
Pre Apr,01(245i and regular) conervative share - 14,000

With EB3 ROW retrogessed and India EB3 stuck at 2800(1400 primary), it will take atleast 14000/1400 = 10 years for Apr,01 hurdle to clear even by very conservative estimates.

EB3 Indians should stop looking at these bulletins unless EB3 ROW is current or there is a change in law!

This one line is the best summary of the current scenario.
Key event to watch: Eb3 RoW is current

hkhr said:
desi3933,

key thing to find out is, what's the event time :)

eb3 RoW could be current in late 2007/early 2008. This is just my guess based on the numbers available for eb3 RoW. At that time eb3 India should benefit from visa spillover.

desi3933 said:
eb3 RoW could be current in late 2007/early 2008. This is just my guess based on the numbers available for eb3 RoW. At that time eb3 India should benefit from visa spillover.

In my opinion that is a very optimistic assesment. I'd say at least another 2 years before EB3 ROW becomes current. - The rate of adjusment seems to be holding (steady-ish) at 2 months per month.

Eb3-India should really start exploring other options such as:

- Migrating to other Country such as Canada where permanent immigration is
easy and economy is also relatively good
- Go back to home country-India and help its economy
- Start new file under EB2/1 category if have not been initiated yet.

Stop Being Desperate.

bharatpremi said:
Eb3-India should really start exploring other options such as:

-- Go back to home country-India and help its economy

This is the only statement that i agree with.What i dont understand is why this desperation to just go to any country if one is unable to get the green card here?If not canada then Australia, or New Zealand or any other country so long as its is not india.
This really is pathetic.Are the guys/gals so dumb not to notice the situation now is much better in India as comapared to the other countries mentioned?
Is not just IT sector that is performing well its the same everywhere be it Manufacturing,Retail or Finance, you see people earning fantastic salaries(with annual increments of atleast 20% being the norm).

Has anybody done any analysis what level of savings one can have if he/she takes into consideration the high rate of taxation prevelant in Canada? or of the limited opportunities there not to speak of in other countires which have a much smaller economic base? I wish everybody luck in their green card process but atleast try to get out of this pathetic and desperate mindset.

We go to other Western countries because

1) You are a second class citizen in India if you are not SC/ST/OBC with reservations. Reservation % keep going up all the time and dont want kids to go through same thing we did.

2) Dont want to buy flat for 50 lakhs have all electronics/AC etc and not be able to live because electricity is out half the time.

3) Dont want to be in situation where when u have major accident they wait for police to do Panchnama before doctor treats you.

4) Dont want to be in country where legal system takes 30 yrs to resolve ordinary civil case.

5) Dont want to go to a place where parents have to wait in line for hrs for simple admission of kids in decent school.

6) Dont want to live in place where bribaryu is name of the game. I just went through that exp 2 yrs ago at Passport office in India.

Do you want more ..............................

texancanadian said:

1) You are a second class citizen in India if you are not SC/ST/OBC with reservations. Reservation % keep going up all the time and dont want kids to go through same thing we did.

You sure anyone is not going to face any disrimination here or in other western countires?About not facing any discrimination here? who are you kidding? Have you not noted any difference in the way you are treated as compared to the Gora when you go to a Restaurent or a Deli?
To answer you point, if the percentage of reservation is going up, so is the total number of seats in the institutions.

texancanadian said:
2) Dont want to buy flat for 50 lakhs have all electronics/AC etc and not be able to live because electricity is out half the time.

Right the other option is to buy a house and be in debt for 30 years, and before that house is debt free , you have another debt for kids education.
So net result is living in debt all your life.Atleast the Education in India is Cheaper(even with donation in Pvt collages)) and prepares one to be much more competitive then the relatively easy time that one has here (even upto the graduate level)
Just to answer your Power-cut query, FYI if you spend 50 lakhs in a nicely planned apartment copmlex in India, nowadays it comes with Gen-Set back-ups.

texancanadian said:
3) Dont want to be in situation where when u have major accident they wait for police to do Panchnama before doctor treats you.

You got a point there, but here the treatment would depend on how covered you are on the Insurance premiums.

texancanadian said:
4) Dont want to be in country where legal system takes 30 yrs to resolve ordinary civil case.

How many legal case does a law abiding avearge citizen face in India? Me or my extended family in India have faced none till date.I doubt the percentage of population that is faced with court case delay is any more then 2%.
Also what about the Insurance Premium you pay here just so that you are covered in case anyone sues you?(more then an average chance of that happening if you own a house or have more then one car).

texancanadian said:
5) Dont want to go to a place where parents have to wait in line for hrs for simple admission of kids in decent school.

What about the college education here? Also remember the school eduation here is not really Free, you pay big bucks through local taxes.All this for an eduaction which does not prepare the kids to be as competitive as compared to the kids coming out of India.If you are in doubt about his, just think why you are surviving here?

texancanadian said:
6) Dont want to live in place where bribaryu is name of the game. I just went through that exp 2 yrs ago at Passport office in India.

That is a problem for sure.

texancanadian said:
Do you want more?

Get Real .Dont you see whats happening ? Its just excuses you are looking for to feel good to live here as a permenant resident/citizen.

Again all the best to everybody for the Green card.I have also applied for the GC here, but i am pretty sure its either the States or India for me.No looking for opportunities in countries with pipsqueek economies.
The health care system in UK, Canada and Australia is already under pressure and the govt in Canda ,UK and Australia is now increasingly levying charges on treatments and has a long waiting list for patients waiting for treatment on something as basic as Cornea and Hip/Knee repalcements.As a result people are now having to go to countires like india for treatment as the govt of these countires can only afford treatment for certain % of population due to "Budgetary constraints".If this is the situation today want to guess what will happen 15-20 yrs from now ?
I wouldnt want to wager my future and of my kids in countries which are not going to be competitive in the future(US is the sole exception here) when its going to face competition from India and China.

Eb-3 Row

How can we be sure the Eb-3 ROW will become current in the next year or later? Can somebody please post some factual statistics?

EB-3 India if it benefits from EB-3 ROW, can we be sure that the spillover if at all any to India will not be consumed by the heavy load of 245is?

First of all does anybody know how many 245i cases belong to India?

If we get additional 2000 visas next year (that is a random number, it could be more or less), does anybody know if they will be consumed by cases filed before April 31 2001?

Instead of speculating I think we should try to get answers for these questions?

Correct me if I wrong?

:confused:

any idea how many are backlogged in 485 stage in EB3 ROW ?

and in backlog centers, apart from mexico, phil, india and china ?

texancanadian said:

Do you want more ..............................

TexanCanadian,

If you have left India for all these reasons what you have described and decided not to go back for the same then I think you should reconsider everything (Career,Politics,Economy,Society,Future of India etc...) again by going through comparing "Apple" (India) and "oranges" (Foreign Countries). I do not want to go into "Out of scope" discussion (Note: If you need to discuss those reasons please open up a new topic) here so let us stop here on this particularly.

Ambassadors to your native country

I believe one should be proud of their native country/culture. There are problems everywhere. Your fellow citizens back home might have shared their precious taxes on your education, health etc...

What is the guarantee that you as an immigrant will not like the place where you are going to settle in?

I am not lambasting anyone. I believe as immigrants we should be ambassadors to our native country.

Heck there are problems everywhere...as humans we are a menace to this planet for sure...

:)