Opened a I 140 case status enquiry with USCIS

kumarvalluri

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Today I have seen update regarding my I 140 case after replying

to the RFE ,

Immediately i called the USCIS customer service, The Rep was very polite and helpful even though I am not primary benificery.

he heard very patiently about The I -140 issue and request for
status after submission of additional evidence and undue delay
In not getting finger printed, My ND is May 5th 2003.

After listening my part of the story , He said he can open a case to request staus of my application,
He was clear in telling me that Both I -140 and finger print and I 485
status will be informed to us in Mail .

He has taken our mail address.

It was truely surprising to see rarely somebody from USCIS talking
so caringly.

lets Hope USCIS is changing for Good to bring in Good news to all the immigrants.

I had called up USCIS too

After punching nos for a few minutes and waiting for abt 15-20 minutes, I got someone on the line. She had a really friendly voice.

First, I asked her abt my 140 and 485 case status and she read out what was already there on the website.

Then I asked her if she knew about the new Process for adjudicating concurrently applied 140/485. She stumbled (seemed like she fell off the chair). She said she didnt know what I was talking about, but genuinely wanted to help me out. She put me on hold for about 2-3 minutes.

She came back and said that her collegues didnt have enough info and she will find out from the immigration officer. She put me on hold again for 3-5 minutes.

Finally, she came back and in a very excited tone, told me that after June 2002, USCIS accepts concurrently filed 140 and 485 applications!!!

I said OK, Thanks and hung up.

That's hilarious, Brigand!

That was rather funny, though I'm not sure that's how you felt being at the receiving end in what was a rather anti-climactic end to your call.

Re: I had called up USCIS too

That was really funny ... another example of how good the customer service is at USCIS ... hope the guys who handle our cases are better ...

Originally posted by brigand
After punching nos for a few minutes and waiting for abt 15-20 minutes, I got someone on the line. She had a really friendly voice.

First, I asked her abt my 140 and 485 case status and she read out what was already there on the website.

Then I asked her if she knew about the new Process for adjudicating concurrently applied 140/485. She stumbled (seemed like she fell off the chair). She said she didnt know what I was talking about, but genuinely wanted to help me out. She put me on hold for about 2-3 minutes.

She came back and said that her collegues didnt have enough info and she will find out from the immigration officer. She put me on hold again for 3-5 minutes.

Finally, she came back and in a very excited tone, told me that after June 2002, USCIS accepts concurrently filed 140 and 485 applications!!!

I said OK, Thanks and hung up.

thats true that how they are......i called them y'day and wanted my address to be changed,, she kept asking me what kind of application i have, i kept telling her i have "i-140" and "i-485" apps pending,she kepts saying "i-130" and "n-400"...:D

yes, i also asked abt FOM and she said that she doesn't know what it is then when i tried to be over smart and explained her what it is..she said VSC has not got anything like this yet...ofcourse before confirming this news she spoke with some one and i was on hold....so good luck guys,,,,:D

That should be one cushy call center job from the looks of it. Hire some dumb folks and let them act themselves!