Open Scanning - Volunteers welcome. -PLEASE HELP

pinnacle_man

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
As you might know, Kashmir and Desi_Bartender proposed a better method.

From now on, if we need the results we need to work on!
I need to 3 type of volunteers.

Some good scripters / Software person who can generate proxy files from various internet pages. We have recently been hampered by shortage of proxies. With your help we could build few proxy files with different proxies.

Volunteer Type 2:
We need muscle power. Hence I suggest for each fiscal year say FY02, we need about 3 people - each scanning 4 months of data. However presently we all will be loaded with sheer number of months to scan.

So far,

rurux,
Pinnacle_man (myself)
rk4gc
Mr.Vegas

(Please sign up)

Volunteer 3 :
Smart scripters to post process the data and generate a consolidated report. We probably need no more than 2 person at the max. You may just take it as project and provide the program to us.

Additional help such as Plotting graphs etc would be great.

Again if we need data, WE should stay UNITED and do this as a team. PLEASE HELP.

Last edited by a moderator:
pinnacle man, how often do you plan topost results here? I ask because I may take on one more month if it's less often.
Also, please send me your email address.

Yes we need help on the proxies. I let the scanner run all night and it only got through 10% of January

I have been manually editing my proxy list.

I search the internet and keep adding proxies manually. I average about 2-5 a day.

Mr Vegas said:
Yes we need help on the proxies. I let the scanner run all night and it only got through 10% of January

I will scan

pinnacle_man,

I am currently scanning Oct 2002. I sent only one result to kashmir two weeks ago. Now I'm scanning second time. I'll send results to you when finished. I can take one more month (your choice of month).

parolee,
wac03002
first FP 11/15/2002

i can volunteer for scanning.

Pinnacle_man,

Iam interested in Volunteering. Please let me know the procedures to scan and i can do some muscle work.

Thanks.

Pinnacle_man,

I can also take another month and can work on software. I've not gone through the code, but will do that. I'm thinking to add scheduling and emailing to the software so that one can schedule it to run every two weeks or so and get an email when it is done with the scanning. Dont know when I can complete these two features though.

Thanks for the initiative.

Thanks for the support.

I have got the Kashmir's input file for FY02. I shall split and allocate the months to scan between us. I will try to partition according to your needs.

Stay tuned.

rk4gc said:
Pinnacle_man,

I can also take another month and can work on software. I've not gone through the code, but will do that. I'm thinking to add scheduling and emailing to the software so that one can schedule it to run every two weeks or so and get an email when it is done with the scanning. Dont know when I can complete these two features though.

report for FY02

Hi pinnacle_man,

If You guys have the latest scan report for FY02 please can u post it please.

Thank you,

-Ramana

Update

1.I will post about 3-4 months worth of scanned data today.
2.I will be setting an email account so that you can email me and I will reply with scanner files.
3.As I requested earlier, if there are any software engineers here please help in getting proxies.(This is the utmost important task we have to do first) Then scanning is a breeze.
4.Finally, one software/script that would merge the raw data and generate a report.

Can anyone please help on activity 3 & 4 ?

rcherukuri said:
Hi pinnacle_man,

If You guys have the latest scan report for FY02 please can u post it please.

Thank you,

-Ramana

485_takes_4ever said:
Pinnacle_man,

When will i get something assigned to me... Eager to do some muscle work with you guys...

Thanks in advance.

Were you able to download project anoconda scanner and set it up ?

My email address and information

pinnacle_man2001@yahoo.com.

Please email stating whether you were successful in setting up the project anaconda scanner and whether you were able to do a dry run

How many months of data would you be able run?

If you are already scanning which month(s) are you presently scanning

Thanks,
PM

I have not downloaded yet the anaconda software yet. I saw in the below link
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=128219&highlight=anaconda+software that Desibartender has mentioned that the filesize is big and will send it to other email accounts if requested...
Can you please send me one or direct me to get that from a place.
Also if you could send me the procedures for doing the scan, i can jump on it immediately.

I can scan for any two months ( Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov )...

Please email me directly

Please email me at pinnacle_man2001@yahoo.com.
I will email you back with the program and/or data files.

Thanks,
PM

485_takes_4ever said:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=128219&highlight=anaconda+software that Desibartender has mentioned that the filesize is big and will send it to other email accounts if requested...
Also if you could send me the procedures for doing the scan, i can jump on it immediately.

485_takes_4ever said:

The project file is available for download from desi_bartender's yahoo brief case.

Read more about its availability at

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=131190

The list for the entire year is broken down to 8 parts.
The are almost equal but not exact.

Part 4 and part 8 are already taken. I can email you any part (other than 4 & 8) if you could email me @
pinnacle_man2001@yahoo.com
can

rk4gc said:
Pinnacle_man,

Good proxies

I got a list of 750 anonymous proxies from a web site, and now I am running a scan to find good ones. I am using project Anaconda for this scan. I'll send the list to pinnacle_man, so that he can distribute with input data files. That way, we will not use same proxies. Of course, we will have problem for the proxies used by other forums, but we should be able to scan the data systematically.

One problem I'm facing is that 'too many inquiries' response is treated as no response. Therefore a good proxy will be removed from the list by mistake. We might be able to take care of this later.

parolee,
wac03002

Last edited by a moderator: