Open Scanning - Volunteers welcome. -PLEASE HELP

Second scan for part 6

pinnacle_man,

I did second scan of part 6 on 8/3 and 8/4. I sent you the output a few minutes ago.

Previous scan was from 7/22 to 7/24. During last 12 days, 295 cases were processed in part 6. Number went from 1776 to 2071 out of total 5341. I include approved, card ordered, completed, mailed directly, and withdrawn in processed.

parolee

Thanks. I was just creating another report.

Volunteers had just sent me part 4 & 5 as well.

BTW, which proxy file are you using. I am barely scanning 500 cases overnight.

proxy file

I'm using the same file, which I sent you. I also see problem usually after about 5 to 8 hundred cases. Biggest problem is that once in a while a good proxy will return response in longer time. During that time Anaconda has moved on to next. And, I also noticed that once it starts switching proxies, then sometimes it never works. So, I break the program when I see many proxy switches, and start all over again. That way, many more cases are scanned. I think, the best way would be to make small input files (about 500).

You can check your proxy file. If it contains about 278 proxies, then you have the same file. Otherwise, I can send you mine.

parolee

Thanks,

I included the latest reports from part 4 5 and 6 and generatd the latest consolidated reports.

Look at the post.

pinnacle_man / All volunteers:

I plan to develop(code) a separate charting/graphing solution for our scans ...

The current charts are generated in Excel and I don't want any dependency on external products ...
So I will work on a Java based solution ...

PM: Can you email me a couple of output files .... I can start working on these this weekend and hopefully get something usable soon.

If we can port the reporting program to Java as well, then charting can be included as a a part of report generation -- so no more external work to do :) :)
You run one program that gets you the reports and the charts on any platform - that would be cool :)

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

I appreciate your effort. As for the data for your chart program, it is no more than what is ported. I suggest, that we
take this development one step at time. So if you develop a program that can parse the posted data (which I could mail the file) it will be handy.

The program what ruxrux has developed for generating reports is pretty straight forward and gui based as well. Since we have a program in place for generating reports, your chart program (stand alone) would come in handy.

Let me which email address you want me to send you the text file of the generated report.

Thanks,
PM.

pinnacle_man said:
I appreciate your effort. As for the data for your chart program, it is no more than what is ported. I suggest, that we
take this development one step at time. So if you develop a program that can parse the posted data (which I could mail the file) it will be handy.

The program what ruxrux has developed for generating reports is pretty straight forward and gui based as well. Since we have a program in place for generating reports, your chart program (stand alone) would come in handy.

Let me which email address you want me to send you the text file of the generated report.

Thanks,
PM.
PM:
Please send it to my usual email address

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
pinnacle_man,

You need case numbers first for wac03. I am already scanning Oct 2002. I can scan one more month.

gsivasub posted a question at the wrong thread, so I put it here.
gsivasub said:
Can anyone find the statistic for June 2004 ?
I see that a lot of people have volunteered to run scans for various time periods , would anyone be kind enough to run the scanner for May June, July for the CSC center , I want to know what percentage of EB2 cases were approved through the pilot program.

I am willing to run the scan myself if someone can give me the WAC number input file......

Thanks

pinnacle_man,

I would like to help scan some months.

I installed anaconda on my machine from desi_bartender's briefcase. Is that all that is required?

Please advise.

Yes. that is all you required. I recommend you read his README file thoroughly and do a dry run.

Once you are done with this setup please email me and I would provide an input scan file.

Thanks,
PM

I'll also start this evening. Took a break from ip.com activities for a while. Now back to action.

Pinnacle,
How about providing new proxies zip files to new volunteers.

pinnacle_man said:
Yes. that is all you required. I recommend you read his README file thoroughly and do a dry run.

Once you are done with this setup please email me and I would provide an input scan file.

Thanks,
PM

Did a dry run. I can scan if you send me the data files

-novis.