Only update date changed - Does it mean anything?

PhillyJulyLC

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus out there,
I've just noticed that on the 'web tracking' page the 'Last updated' column, which shows the date they last updated the case status, has changed to yesterday's date. However, the message is the old 'receive notice' and I have never received an email concerning this change. Could it mean anything at all? As I have waited so long, I really hope it does. Anyone out there has similar experience or have some insights please share. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Though this really has no basis in fact and in fact I am sure there are cases to the contrary, it has been noted that an LUD change with approval not resulting may be the sign of an impending RFE. At least that is what happened to me and some others during June 04. But knowing the strange ways in which they operate nobody can be 100% sure. The good news is that they are at least looking at it. Sadly there are cases in which even the LUD never has changed.

Yeppo

yeppo said:
Though this really has no basis in fact and in fact I am sure there are cases to the contrary, it has been noted that an LUD change with approval not resulting may be the sign of an impending RFE. At least that is what happened to me and some others during June 04. But knowing the strange ways in which they operate nobody can be 100% sure. The good news is that they are at least looking at it. Sadly there are cases in which even the LUD never has changed.

Yeppo
Thanks. Your analysis does make sense and is helpful. So at least they touched the case and I hopefully they'll keep touching it one way or another - better than nothing... anyone else has some insights?

PhillyJulyLC said:
Thanks. Your analysis does make sense and is helpful. So at least they touched the case and I hopefully they'll keep touching it one way or another - better than nothing... anyone else has some insights?
I have done some analysis .. and take it with a pinch of salt .. if after the LUD:
1. You will get an approval in a weeks time frame. If you did not get that then
2. You will get an RFE in 2-4 weeks time frame. If you did not get that then
3. You will get a denial in 4-8 weeks time frame.
So in the next month you should either get a approval or RFE.

PhillyJulyLC said:
Hi Gurus out there,
I've just noticed that on the 'web tracking' page the 'Last updated' column, which shows the date they last updated the case status, has changed to yesterday's date. However, the message is the old 'receive notice' and I have never received an email concerning this change. Could it mean anything at all? As I have waited so long, I really hope it does. Anyone out there has similar experience or have some insights please share. Thank you!

I'm in the same boat. LUD changed for all my cases ( 140,485 and 485 for my wife) but no status change yet....

Same boat. 485 LUD was updated yesterday for me and wife, no email and no change in status. I 140 LUD unchanged.

EB1A Sep '02

Me too

For me also, LUD changed on Nov.9th, after status change for FP on Nov.4th. No change in status msg though.

Confusing

Similar situation:

Wife (Primary applicant) had RFE ON I-140. Online message says "Response to Rfe received on Sept 17....."

After that we got fingerprinted on Nov 2.

The LUDs on my wife's I-140, I-485 and my I-485 got updated to 11/05.

Online message only changed for my I-485 - "Fingeprinting results received and processing is resumed....."

No message change for wife's I-140 / I-485 but LUD updated to same date as my I-485.

What to make of this?

LUD Change

One of my friend told me that LUD will change if some body do status inquiry on a case. Exp. guys what is your opinion.

Also LUD change

I also got LUD change on both principal and spouse 485, No changes in I140

I-140 EB1-OR RD 12/1/03 LUD change 3/25/04 (when submited I-485)

I-485 RD 3/25/04
FP 9/23/04
Address change 10/20/04

LUD Change on both I485 on 10/4/04 Fingerprint report received
LUD CHANGE on both I-485 on 11/8/04 No message change (address ? - although change of address was done in different dates for the principal and the spouse)

dabra1975 said:
One of my friend told me that LUD will change if some body do status inquiry on a case. Exp. guys what is your opinion.
Not for me - filed inquiries for EAD & AP a couple of times, LUD never changed. Haven't launched inquiry for I-140 and it changed.

Any update for any of the folks who posted on this thread? I have seen no change nor received any info since the 11/08 LUD to the 485.

Sydney said:
Any update for any of the folks who posted on this thread? I have seen no change nor received any info since the 11/08 LUD to the 485.

No updates yet. LUD changed on 11/08/04 for 140 & 485's.