Only Those Transferred To Arlington !!!!!****

abci I chaged my employer

changed the employer and I had letter from my new employer. with same designation and job description.

Good Nov 29 :)))

Any idea why yours was not stamped today?

Is it because your wife\'s finger prints were not updated? (has it been more than 15 months?)

Dont worry :) You will get approval letter soon.

No Title

congrats Nov29...

Did they give you a reason for not stamping the passport?
So does this mean you need to go to arlington again for stamping?

abci suG

She didn\'t say anything. She said decision will be mailed to you.
If there is anything wrong she would asked for document.
I am hoping I will get the approval by mail after my wife\'s finger print.

Last edited by a moderator:
abci

We did our finger print on March 29 2001. It will expire on June 29 2002 (15 months).I don\'t understand why she didn\'t stamp on the same day.I am hoping I will get the approval after my wife finger print.

You will Be Fine

Nov29,

I think they have more security check before they can stamp your passport. You will be fine.

Does Arlington INS provide interim EAD?

Anyone who has got the interim EAD from Arlington INS office? If yes should we pay a fees to get it.

any information would be very helpful.

thanks
mitwaa

Finally!!! It\'s all over. GOT STAMPED!

First, I want to apologize to all of you for not following up on this discussion board after my Arlington interview in early May. It did not go well, therefore, I just wanted to keep to myself.

Without going into great detail, let me try to explain.

I received the interview letter in early April and along with the letter was a fingerprinting form. I had to redo my prints before the interview (not a problem!). I got the prints done in mid-April.

When I went to the interview in May, the officer went through the standard interview procedures (i.e. Did the oath, asked for employment letter, asked about job responsibilities, asked me if I\'ve ever been arrested? etc.). Up to this point, it seemed like everything was going well!

Then, at the end of the interview, he told me that he could not approve my case at this time because my FBI fingerprints came back with a "Hit" (a match). He will need to request my "Rap" sheet from the FBI and this was going to take 30 days or so. I was mortified! I wanted so much for this immigration business to be all over with on this day, but it wasn\'t meant to be. I had to live with 2 more months of hell!

During those 2 months, I was going through my life with a fine tooth comb; trying to figure out exactly what was wrong with my prints (i.e. Was it my speeding ticket in 1996? or was it my unpaid traffic ticket in New Jersey? Or was it.…..etc. All this drove me to insanity.

Finally, last week, I got a call from the INS and the officer asked me when I can come in and to bring my passport and pictures. The FBI rap sheet came back clean! (AS IT SHOULD BE). Needless to say, I was there the next day. I am now a Permanent Resident. It\'s all over

Thank you all for your support. I wish you all the best of luck. I will be on the board for the next few days (for any questions).

Dhanush give me a call whenever you have a moment.

Thanks and God Bless
Nick

P.S. Now, I need to write a letter to my senator and inform him that he was completely useless in my quest for Permanent Residency! And that in 2008, I will be voting for the Democratic Party.

First, I want to apologize to all of you for not following up on this discussion board after my Arlington interview in early May. It did not go well, therefore, I just wanted to keep to myself.

I received the interview letter in early April and along with the letter was a fingerprinting form. I had to redo my prints before the interview (not a problem!). I got the prints done in mid-April.

When I went to the interview in May, the officer went through the standard interview procedures (i.e. Did the oath, asked for employment letter, asked about job responsibilities, asked me if I\'ve ever been arrested? etc.). Up to this point, it seemed like everything was going well!

Then, at the end of the interview, he told me that he could not approve my case at this time because my FBI fingerprints came back with a "Hit" (a match). He will need to request my "Rap" sheet from the FBI and this was going to take 30 days or so. I was mortified! I wanted so much for this immigration business to be all over with on this day, but it wasn\'t meant to be. I had to live with 2 more months of hell!

During those 2 months, I was going through my life with a fine tooth comb; trying to figure out exactly what was wrong with my prints (i.e. Was it my speeding ticket in 1996? or was it my unpaid traffic ticket in New Jersey? Or was it.…..etc. All this drove me to insanity.

Finally, last week, I got a call from the INS and the officer asked me when I can come in and to bring my passport and pictures. The FBI rap sheet came back clean! (AS IT SHOULD BE). Needless to say, I was there the next day. I am now a Permanent Resident. It\'s all over

Thank you all for your support. I wish you all the best of luck. I will be on the board for the next few days (for any questions).

Thanks and God Bless
Nick

P.S. Now, I need to write a letter to my senator and inform him that he was completely useless in my quest for Permanent Residency! And that in 2008, I will be voting for the Democratic Party.

Thanks and God Bless
Nick

No Title

I applied for EAD renewal 3 weeks ago at Arlington by mail (my i485 file was transferred from VSC in Feb 2002). The post office return reciept with INS stamp came back a day later. Should I count 3 months from this date? I have not received a reciept from INS yet. How long does it take to get EAD reciept from INS Arlington?

Got an approval letter today

Hi All

we got an approval letter in the mail today. So it\'s pretty much over. We were lucky though - approval date is June 27th and our FP expire on June28th. So we would have to do them again and wait. we got in just in time. Out lawyer went to INS last week and asked to speed up the decision because of FP expiration date. After the intervidw on June 13th we send in all additional documents the following Monday (June 17th) and lawyer went to push them on June 24 ot 25 I think.

So we will go in for the stamp some time this week, but it\'s just a formality really. The main wait is over.

Good luck to all you guys! Eventually we\'ll get through this.

Arlington approved and Stamped

We suddenly got an interview notice last week. Went for the interview. AC21 case. It was smooth and we got the passport stamped.
Did medical again.

Thanks to everyone for patiently answering questions.

Nov29, Sug and Danush, you will have yours soon.

congrats

Hi abci,

Can you give the date when you received interview letter and the date of interview.

Thanks
dhanush

Hi Danush,

Our attorney went to the INS on 26th June to ask about our
interview. And on 28th we received a call from him telling that
he has received the interview letter. The interview was
today.

update list: or shall I start a new thread?

Hi I figured that I have sometimes today, so I went through all the messages and came out with an updated list. Hope this list can help people to figure out how long it takes to get an interview.

From my own rough calculation, the overall time is anywhere from 17 to 23 months after I-485 is filed. If your case gets transfered very early on, you have to wait longer to get an interview letter; if your case has been pending for a while, and then local tranfered, it takes averagely 6 months to get an interview letter.

Here goes the list:

destiny101 PD:_/_, ND:9/99, FP:_/_, Xfer:10/00- ID 04/11/01 APPROVED ***
ASC PD:01/98, ND:07/99, FP:-/-, Xfer:12/18/00 ID 05/01/01 APPROVED ***
NDOCT99 PD:10/96, ND:10/99, FP:-/-, Xfer:03/01- ID 07/23/01 APPROVED ***
Fusheng Tsai PD:4/00, ND:4/00, FP:11/00, Xfer:05/01- ID 07/23/01 APPROVED *** Family based
GRose PD:_/_, ND:10/99, FP:-/-, Xfer:05/08/- ID 07/24/01 APPROVED ***
Shrini100 PD:02/98, ND:10/99, FP:-/-, Xfer:06/01- ID 07/16/01 APPROVED ***
iexp - PD:10/98, ND:02/00, FP:_/_, Xfer:05/01 - ID 11/26/01 APPROVED ***
GC4VP - PD:01/97, ND:06/00, FP:11/00, Xfer:07/01- ID 12/10/01 APPROVED ***
ACE - PD:_/_, ND:01/00, FP:_/_, Xfer:05/01 - ID mid May/02 - APPROVED ***
rvaldez - PD:03/99, ND:01/00, FP:03/01, Xfer:05/01 - ID 01/17/02 APPROVED ***
kobra - PD:03/00, ND:_/_, FP:11/00, Xfer:06/01 - ID 3/02 APPROVED ***
Telecom Guy - PD:03/99, ND:05/00, FP:_/_, Xfer-08/20 - ID 2/02 APPROVED *** AC-21
nov29 - PD: _/_, ND:11/00 , FP:_/_, Xfer 09/01 - 6/25/02 APPROVED ***
abci - PD:11/99, ND:12/00, FP:_/_, Xfer:11/09 - ID 07/03/02 WAITING
Marina - PD:_/_, ND:12/00, FP:_/_, Xfer:11/09 - ID 6/15/2002 APPROVED ***

SuG - PD:_/_, ND:11/00, FP:_/_, Xfer:08/01 - ID 7/17/2002 WAITING
dhanush - PD:10/98, ND:10/99, FP:03/01, Xfer:05/18 - WAITING
vdamineni - PD:_/_, ND:03/00 , FP:03/01, Xfer:07/01- WAITING
ashwariya - PD:_/_, ND:10/00, FP:03/01, Xfer:09/01 - WAITING
ddere - PD:11/99, ND:03/01, Xfer:12/01 - WAITING
cdx123 - PD:_/_, ND: _/_, Xfer:03/02 - WAITING
waitingGC2002 - PD:10/99, ND: 7/01, Xfer:5/02 - WAITING

Congratulations

Congratulations, abci and Marina.

Can you provide me some more information about your lawyers?

My lawyer is in another city(company's lawyer) and I don't think she will make a trip to the Arlington INS. She tried to contact the Arlington office by the phone and failed to get any response. Is the personal visit only way for contacting the local office?

abci,

Can you give me some more information about the medical? Was that specified in the interview notice? Did you go to the same doctor to have another medical?

Hi ddere,

Thanks.

Our attorney's website is www.mlsimmigration.com

There is no use talking over the phone to the guys in Arlington. Your attorney has to personnaly go and make queries.

Average wait time is atleast 6 months.

The interview letter did not ask for medical. However since it was past 18 months after our first medical, our attorney suggested that we do it again (just to be safe). The officer in the interview seemed to be pleased when we produced new medical.