Only Those Transferred To Arlington!

DHANUSH and ALL

I am confident that the information you received is incorrect at both ends. Let me explain

First: Before May 2001 I have read on this forum about several other people that have had their case transferred from VSC and had their interview scheduled within 5 to 6 months afterwards. I have been monitoring this forum since mid-1999

Second: I have yet to hear about an unadjudicated transferred case before 05/01 on this forum or elsewhere. Do any of you out there know of anyone who has had a case transferred prior to 05/01 and has not had their interview? Seems like they just stopped at 05/01

Third: Their %$#$% math doesn\'t even add up! If you take the maximum 24 months and add that to March 99 you get March 01. Do you know of anyone being adjudicated from that time frame?

I tend to believe that this forum represents (thread specifically) a pretty good sample of Arlington transfer cases. Not a scientific sample but a good one.

Nothing is real with these INS officials. I was told about a month ago from Senator George Allen\'s Immigration representative in Richmond VA that Arlington was processing transfer cases from May 1999. On that same day I called the INS National Customer Service line and they told me that Arlington takes up to a maximun of 18 months to process transfer cases and she made a point to say that it usually doesn\'t take that long (most probably much sooner).

WHO THE HELL DO WE BELIEVE!

I am going with my gut instinct that the INS will soon re-begin schedules interviews starting from 05/01.

One last thing. I have come to accept that the only thing out there that can give you a pretty good assessment with INS time lines is HISTORY. These forums and the people who post information are the only real method of measurement when it comes to the INS

Sorry for rambling on but I had to speak my mind! (Excuse my bad grammar and spelling)

One more thing

I am sure that the INS releases these bogus dates in a quest to simply buy time, demonstrate heavy work load, and avoid having applicants call or show up too often.

Thanks

No Title

I too have a feeling that we would be hearing about the new scheduled interviews soon..... Its about time and and our Luck cannot be that bad.

-GC4VP

Time frame for Xfer to Arlington

Hi,
I havent been active in this post, largely because I gave up!! however, I am going to follow up again on this post just to know if someone got lucky. When I sent a mail to the congressman, the reply I got was that Arlington INS was processing DEC \'99 applications. However I could not get an answer if it took 2 months to go ahead by a month of a year to go ahead by 1 month. Its pathetic.. slave labour in a different form.
I strongly feel, we should set up a date/time and meet with a congressman/congresswoman or colletively sign and mail them a letter requesting their help in this matter.

How long back did you get the "Dec 99" line!!

Just curious when was it that you got the Dec\'99 processing information. Also, is the congressman you contacted Tom Davis or someone else? I contacted Tom Davis a few days back and got a totally different timeline: something like Mar-Apr\'99.

You have my full support and cooperation if you want to take the lead in getting a congressman involved.

Time frame for Xfer to Arlington

Hi,
I havent been active in this post, largely because I gave up!! however, I am going to follow up again on this post just to know if someone got lucky. When I sent a mail to the congressman, the reply I got was that Arlington INS was processing DEC \'99 applications. However I could not get an answer if it took 2 months to go ahead by a month of a year to go ahead by 1 month. Its pathetic.. slave labour in a different form.
I strongly feel, we should set up a date/time and meet with a congressman/congresswoman or colletively sign and mail them a letter requesting their help in this matter.

I am glad to help if needed

I totally understand your situation. Although my case (ND 4/01) is not transferred to Arilington, I am glad to help you out if needed (such as adding my signature in).

Good luck,
jjd

What if we go for Consullar Processing?

Can we change to consular processing instead of waiting for ever.
If we can\'t , here is another way of getting INS attention instead of calling congressman and senators in vain.
Have hunger strike outside INS office ?

Question

Does anyone out there know of ANYONE who has had a case transferred from VSC to Arlington before May 2001 AND they are still waiting for the interview?

I am sure there is no one. That March 99 processing time is a total fabrication from the INS.

P.S. A hunger strike is not a good idea because with the recent events, no one would care.

VSC-EB2 India, PD-03/99,ND-05/00,Xfer-08/20

I am adding my case details to the updated transfered list.
Thanks, Telecom Guy.

anxious - PD:10/98, ND:02/00, FP:03/01, Xfer:05/01 - WAITING
ACE - PD:_/_, ND:01/00, FP:_/_, Xfer:05/01 - WAITING
rvaldez - PD:03/99, ND:01/00, FP:03/01, Xfer:05/01 - WAITING
dhanush - PD:10/98, ND:10/99, FP:03/01, Xfer:05/18- WAITING
kobra - PD:03/00, ND:_/_, FP:11/00, RFE:03/01, Xfer:06/01 - WAITING
vdamineni - PD:_/_, ND:03/00 , FP:03/01, Xfer:07/01- WAITING
GC4VP - PD:01/97, ND:06/00, FP:11/00, Xfer:07/01- WAITING
SuG - PD:_/_, ND:11/00, FP:_/_, Xfer:08/01 - WAITING
Telecom Guy - PD:03/99, ND:05/00, FP:_/_, Xfer-08/20 - WAITING
ashwariya - PD:_/_, ND:10/00, FP:03/01, Xfer:09/01 - WAITING
nov29 - PD: _/_, ND:11/00 , FP:_/_, Xfer 09/01 - WAITING
iexp - PD:10/98, ND:02/00, FP:_/_, Xfer:05/01 -WAITING

Ordered by Xfer date to Arlington, VA

Write a letter to INS Director at local office and also copy to Congressman

Let us all write letter to Director at Local Office in Arlington and copy that letter to Congressman. We all should attach our transfer letter and stating the problems we face while waiting for Approval.
Also we can explain better that we all have started our green card applicating atleast 3 years ago and it should be taken different from the Family based interviews. Those people dont ahve to go through Labor certificaion and I-140 and hence their total time is only 2 years as per waiting time required for family based immigratns. unfortunately our application falls in same category once file is transfered from VSC. We can make a point to Director / Congressman to expedite our interviews.
Any thoughts ?

No Title

That\'s certainly a good idea ashwariya. Problem from my case is that I have not recieved and Xfer notice. I had found about the Xfer by talking to IIO at VSC and from the Automated Recording. My EAD application was also Xfered to Arlington, so I know for sure that my case is there, but have no notice. Anyone in the same boat?

-GC4VP

your actual notice is fine.

We just need to give our EAC # with the application.
What I mean by my last email is to write a letter on behalf of all of us and provide copy of our Transfer Letter /EAC #.
Please all of tranferee, write to GC4VP so he can talk to his lawyer and draft a letter. We can divide any legal fee that attorney will take in drafting this letter.

Sounds Like a Plan

Guys, this sounds like a great idea and I definately want to be in on it. I would like, however, to know who (which lawyer) will be writing the letter on our behalf and I would also like to read it before it is mailed out.

I am ready to pay my share of the costs. We need to hold a conference call on this issue.

GC4VP, do you have a lawyer. We need someone to take charge of this effort.