Only one PR card received

joehardy

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone.
I have a question and would really appreciate some advice on this. My wife, son and I had applied for the Maple card in the first week of March 2003. We had provided a Canadian address for the cards to be delivered to. Five weeks later, my friend in Canada received an envelope from the Canadian immigration, which he forwarded to me in US through courier. Now, the problem is that only my PR card has been sent (my wife's and my son's cards have not been sent). I was under the impression that since we applied as a family (at the same time), we would get the PR cards together. I am the principal applicant.
Is this something that I should be concerned about or is it normal?
If I wanted to find out the status of the other two PR cards, what number can I call?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Joe

When did you land? Did you land recently? or did you land in Canada before the new law was implemented and you went to Canada to apply for the PR Card?

If you landed recently, and have received only your PR card, give it a couple of weeks more. This is the only thing goofy with CIC folks. They never send the documents for the whole family at the same time. If you still don;t get this in another 2 weeks, call the CIC and find out the reason.

Originally posted by vault
When did you land? Did you land recently? or did you land in Canada before the new law was implemented and you went to Canada to apply for the PR Card?

If you landed recently, and have received only your PR card, give it a couple of weeks more. This is the only thing goofy with CIC folks. They never send the documents for the whole family at the same time. If you still don;t get this in another 2 weeks, call the CIC and find out the reason.

Thanks for your reply Vault. We landed in March 2003 and applied for the PR card at the same time. I will wait for 2 more weeks.
BTW, can you please let me know the number to call for CIC (if you have it) or point me to some URL where I can get this information.

Thanks,
Joe

We are facing a similar problem. I alongwith my wife and son landed on 28th Feb 2003. My sons card arrived on 21st March at the canadian address we had provided. My wife and I are still waiting. It is almost six weeks now

PR card number

Guys,

I am having a similar problem with my PR card.

My husband got the card, and i am still waiting( more than 7 weeks now)

I am in the US right now, does any one know how to reach the 1-1 800 255-4541 PR card enquiry number from the US, or know the direct number to the PR card agency.

Hi Everybody

I also always thought that the cards for a family would arrive together. So vault's remarks about this CIC's "goofy practice" were somewhat comforting. However elsewhere in these forums I have read about people whose cards were delayed being asked to come to CIC offices for photographs, which is really a frightening prospect if you are in US. I wonder what was the maximum time when someone recieved his/her card?

Pl keep every body posted about latest developments and if any body succeeds in getting through to 1-800-255-4541 from US pl share the experience.

Joehardy, lonely_Indian

What's the latest about your cards ? I am still waiting for my wife' card. Any luck in contacting PR Cardn processing center?

I didnot received my PR card it is almost 16 weeks . I sent an fax as well as mailed the docs in certified mail let me see how much time it will take for me

Thanks

My friend had sent his PR application on 7 February 2003 by Registered post, (he landed in march 2002)
He received letter from CIC to pick up the card on 23 April, and his Pick up date is 29 April.
It almost took 3 months

Originally posted by siyyid
Joehardy, lonely_Indian

What's the latest about your cards ? I am still waiting for my wife' card. Any luck in contacting PR Cardn processing center?

They have not sent my wife's and my son's PR card yet. We applied in first week of March (at the time of landing). I think they told us that it takes between 6-8 weeks to get the PR card. We are in the 8th week now. I have not been able to get through the number for PR card processing center. I guess you can call this # only from Canada.

Take care and good luck.

Joe

Well...I am getting concerned now. It has been 8 weeks since my wife, my son and I landed but so far only my PR card has been sent to the address in Canada that we had provided. At the time of landing we were told that it would take 6-8 weeks to get the PR cards but now 8 weeks later, my wife's and son's PR cards have not been sent.
Is there ANY OTHER way or number (other than the one phone # which cannot be accessed from the US) to find out the status of the PR cards. I would really appreciate any help regarding this issue.

Thanks a lot.
Joe

Hi

I think there is no way to find out status of PR Card. Someone can call them from Canada on your behalf and they might send a form IMM 5451 at the Canadian address. This form can be faxed back at 1-902-564-3336 even from US or can be mailed to

PR card Processing Centre P.O.Box 9000, Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6K7.

This is a solemn declaration form for a NEVER RECIEVED Card when more than four weeks have passed. I have not yet tried it as some people still advise us to wait a little longer. The information is available at cic site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I think there is no way to find out status of PR Card. Someone can call them from Canada on your behalf and they might send a form IMM 5451 at the Canadian address. This form can be faxed back at 1-902-564-3336 even from US or can be mailed to

PR card Processing Centre P.O.Box 9000, Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6K7.

This is a solemn declaration form for a NEVER RECIEVED Card when more than four weeks have passed. I have not yet tried it as some people still advise us to wait a little longer. The information is available at cic site.

Siyyid ,

I had a friend call the PR card 800 number from Canada. He was told that my wife's PR card had been mailed out but came back because of a 'wrong' address. I had given the correct address and my PR card was delivered within 6 weeks. I guess the immig. officer who processed our landing papers might have made a mistake while taking down the address. Anyways, my friend gave them the correct address now and they told him that we should receive the PR card within 3 weeks from now.

Joehardy

Hi

Congratulations, thats good news. What about your sons card ?The cic system really work in a funny way. My wife got a letter yesterday that her photograph provided on landing papers is not upto specifications for PR card. They have fixed an appointment for her in Toronto on 14th of May for re-taking her photo. All the three photographs were taken at the same time and at same place. They sent mine and our son's card but for her we are now facing this problem. I have sent them a fax today with a request to reschedule the date sometime in August. The other issue is how will she enter Canada now that the landing papers are not valid for travel. I am not sure but some kind of visa will have to be obtained from Canadian Embassy. I would apperciate if any one can post his/her experience in this regard. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Joehardy

Hi

Congratulations, thats good news. What about your sons card ?The cic system really work in a funny way. My wife got a letter yesterday that her photograph provided on landing papers is not upto specifications for PR card. They have fixed an appointment for her in Toronto on 14th of May for re-taking her photo. All the three photographs were taken at the same time and at same place. They sent mine and our son's card but for her we are now facing this problem. I have sent them a fax today with a request to reschedule the date sometime in August. The other issue is how will she enter Canada now that the landing papers are not valid for travel. I am not sure but some kind of visa will have to be obtained from Canadian Embassy. I would apperciate if any one can post his/her experience in this regard. Thanks

Same is the case with my son's card. That was also sent to the wrong address and got returned. I am still not sure about what is going on. I will keep you posted. Good luck.

Joe

Well i have received my card after 20 weeks . My wife received her card in 6 weeks. I faxed the Pr card appln along with the visa stamp and with details. I got the card

Just I prayed Shirdi SAI for help. The next momnet I checked my mail I got an e-mail from my immigration consulatnts that they received my PR card. Now they mailed in Xpresspost from there . it had been over 5 days .. still it is in mail I will post the details
once i received the cards

Good luck

SAiram

Ok Guys

I have received my PR card Finally in mail . it took 8 days in mail from canada to here . nearly 20 weeks to reach to my immigration consultants.

One funny thing here is they took pic for both of us . But they used our old pic which they used for our medical form.

What ever it may be finally i have received the card .

Thanks for the support

Good luck

Joehardy

Hi

Well....we finally received the PR cards for my wife and son. I am glad that I had a friend in Canada call the 800 number to check the status..otherwise we would not have known that they had mailed it out to a wrong mailing address and that it had been returned. To recap, my PR card was sent within 6 weeks of applying and my wife's and son's PR cards were sent 2.5 months after applying. Good luck.

Joe.