ONLINE STATUS says: CASE APPROVED - what to do next!!!

takeanumber

Registered Users (C)
I checked my online status and I could not believe when it says approved.
I would like to thank everybody for wonderful support here and wish goodluck to everybody.
- I have not received the actual Approval Notice Yet.
- Can somebody elaborate the process (preferabally personal experience in the Atlanta office) after I get the approval notice in the mail. I am so thrilled, I was not planning anything after the point when I get the approval notice.
-Mine has been a very long journey and have to involve the Senator's office and Congressman's office.
- Apparently TSC misplaced my file(There were two othr people with similar circustances on this forum)
- File was reconstructed and sent back to TSC with new Medicals etc.

BottomLine:
If you feel your case is pending for too long dont hesitate to involve the Senator's office or the Congressman's office.(my opinion). Both have a designated department to take care of immigration issues and it gets attention.

Cat: EB
I-140 approved 1999
Notice Date 09,2000
2 finger prints
4 EAD's
3 AP's
Senator follow up: Aug,2003
Congressman's follow up Aug,2003
Online approval: Jan 2004

Please Share you stamping experinces. Thanks

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!

takeanumber,

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you as your case is one of the oldest amongst the active members of this forum.

Files do get misplaced at TSC and elsewhere. I know of such cases at NSC back in mid-90s even. In that case, my friend had to resubmit his documents and it was approved promptly. However, back then I-485 used to take between 6 months to 1 year.

Best wishes,

sg_rg2
ND 09/01 FP 01/03

congrats!

I am glad the long wait for you is over and things finally worked out - congrats once again and enjoy your freedom!!!

takeanumber - can you please detail out what kind of follow up you did with the senator/congressmen?

as i too sent a letter to congressmen in atlanta area in aug 03 and only got an acknowledgement letter stating that "I will be more than happy to help and will let you know"...

rd may 01; nd july 01

Hi takeanumber,

Please accept my heartfelt congratulations!

I am very happy that your case has finally been approved; may you get rewarded for your patience, and may the frustration you have had to face be compensated for.

Just make a printout of the approval screen and keep it with you.

Regards.

Dear takeanumber bhai.

I belive u deserve it. after long painful waiting finaly return with fruit. I was reading u threads when u receive the file lost etc etc...... and the date u were waiting..... can't believe... and sometime it really scares us.. anyway waittime is over.... time to party.

Go home and enjoy. when u go to Home let us know we will send Big screen 52" TV with u.... hehehe ... :) just joking.

and don't forget special Reg before you leave ... not sure it is still applied on u after 485 approval and stamping+GC Plastic(soon we pray).. but don't take any risk.

keep us update....

P.O.J

Hope u will change ur name

'take-a-number' to 'took-the-number' or .... may be u can say "kiny kiny jaana hay Biloo day ghar..ticket kataoooo line..."
(my panjabi is very poor sorry)

heheh :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Takeanumber. It is nice to see you & juankarloz's cases finally getting approved.
Best wishes.

Congratulations friend!!

We were really concerned about you when JuanCarloz got approved...Finally!! enjoy it. Take a vacation and celebrate!!

Congratulations!
ToDo
====
1> Keep two photos ready for yourself (and spouse?)
Post a query if you need the specifications of the photos (detailed on the approval notice). This is so that you can get your passport stamped as soon as you get the approval notice
2> Wait for notice
3> Take notice, passports, I94s, APs, EADs
Note that the courtesy copy of the notice that they send to you (original sent to attorney) is sufficient for the stamping.
4> Have a good life !