online status message confusion

four80five

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

One of my friend did concurrent filing of I140/I485 in May 2003(TSC)

His I140 message says

"On July 28, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

what does it mean? Is it approval? Till date he didn't get any approval notice in hand.Phone message also says the same thing.

Finished FP In Sep. He got the same message for his 485 also and it turned out be FP Notice..
His EAD also got approved on July 28th( same date)

My approved I140 says "This case has been approved.. blah blah..". But it was approoved long time back.

Is this a new approval message everyone gets after approval? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Dear Friend

Tell 'one of your' friend, that someone had same message. and the aproval letter sent to attorney.

What I believe it would be like that.

supose ur aproval on 8th Nov

On Nov 8th online status of I-140 was . this case is aproved.... blah blah.....

and after few days or week online status Nov 12th.

it would be saying the document was made on aproval or regis blah blah.....

the gap is too short btw aproval and sending aproval letter. and 'One of Your' friend may be didn't checked online status on regular basis.... thats why.

this mean they sent aproval letter to 'One of YOur' friends attorney.

so congratulations .... in advance.....

Please do share 'One of Your friends' experience with all of ur friends like us.

P.O.J

Last edited by a moderator:
"On July 28, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

------------- His I-140 has been approved and copy of Approval notice is mailed to lawyer who prepared the case or filed the I-140. Your “Friend” should check with the lawyer or company.

Its a new form of message

When BCIS or whatever it is called now , wants to communicate with the applicant. The same has happenned to me. And I got the letter dated October 31st , which was merely stating that they updated my mailing address which I had requested. I was overjoyed after reading the message online.

You may consider urself lucky, if it indeed means approved.

cheers

K

Dear krao-CA

Kindly share us how did u updated ur address and how long it took. dates and what u get confirmation and where u get letter?. was that on new address or old one....

thanks

P.O.J

Address update

Well I updated my address, since I moved to a new apartment. That was in August 2003 using the AR 11. BCIS sent me my EAD to an old address.

So I called BCIS to check if my new address has been updated in early Sept 2003. The customer service person added this new address online.

And then BCIS sent me a a letter on Oct 31 2003 stating that they have changed my address.

cheers

K