Online status changed - AC21 situation

DesiVidesi

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

Recently I received a NOID on my I-485 as my ex-employer had withdrawn the I-140 approved petition. My attorney sent documentation to USCIS providing proof that I fulfill all the clauses of AC21. Today the online status says,

Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

Does this mean that my I-485 shall continue under AC21 or does it simply mean that they have received my NOID documents and a decision about it will be taken later ? :confused:

Can I expect a different kind of status if my AC21 proof is accepted as correct ?

Appreciate all help in advance.

Hi Friends,

Recently I received a NOID on my I-485 as my ex-employer had withdrawn the I-140 approved petition. My attorney sent documentation to USCIS providing proof that I fulfill all the clauses of AC21. Today the online status says,

Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

Does this mean that my I-485 shall continue under AC21 or does it simply mean that they have received my NOID documents and a decision about it will be taken later ? :confused:

Can I expect a different kind of status if my AC21 proof is accepted as correct ?

Appreciate all help in advance.

Means the USCIS received the response and will see if it is accepted or not. If accepted, your case will be pending again till a decision will be taken, if not the case wil be denied.

More questions

All the best while USCIS decides on the case.

Why didn't your attorney advice you to file AC21 as soon as you changed jobs?

Are there any disadvantages in filing AC21 without the need?

How much does your new job responsibilities and old one match?

All the best while USCIS decides on the case.

Why didn't your attorney advice you to file AC21 as soon as you changed jobs?

Are there any disadvantages in filing AC21 without the need?

How much does your new job responsibilities and old one match?

USCIS has not specified anywhere that one 'must' provide proof of using AC21. Hence all attorney's differ on whether one should do so. For e.g, Ms. Murthy says that one needs to and my attorney who too is equally well known, states otherwise.

The problem with sending AC21 proof without any associated RFE/NOID is that the mailing room might consider it as unsolicited mail and reject it. This has happened in several cases wherein despite sending the proof, the petitioner received a RFE or NOID.

My new job is similar to the previous one as needed under AC21 provisions.