Online Status after Fingerprint

myflightcn

Registered Users (C)
Anyone may know whether the online status will change after the fingerprint? I had my fingerprint done last month, and the online status still shows:

Initial Review

On August 24, 2012, we mailed you an appointment notice to have your fingerprints taken. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Thank you.

Don't expect any case status change unless your case moves on to next step: In-Line for interview scheduling. I just had an LUD without case status change in between, that's all. Then it again waited for several days until the case status changed to In-line... where I am now. So hold on tight, especially if you have applied -90d in advance things would move slowly even if everything is clear in your case as they (NORMALLY) cant schedule you for an interview before your ann date.

Also now you are in N-400 thread so you may consider revising your signature to reflect your N-400 processing since I-140 and I-485 case status have no meaning now (my thoughts).

Anyone may know whether the online status will change after the fingerprint? I had my fingerprint done last month, and the online status still shows:

Initial Review

On August 24, 2012, we mailed you an appointment notice to have your fingerprints taken. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Thank you.
e

Im in the same situation. My FP were completed on 10/3 and my online status hasn't changed.... Starting to worry :(

The status indicator online is spottily used and unreliable. Still, I know it's hard not to keep checking. I did. Don't trust it too much.

I've been in line since 7/30. Online status did change 2 business days after early FP done (7/26 - Thursday, status changed Monday immediately after). Been stuck there ever since. Received a yellow letter on Oct. 2, so I'm hoping my case is moving, but it's still just a waiting game. I'm not relying on electronic updates of any sort - just keeping an eye on the snail mail box, because ultimately, that's what counts!

I've been in line since 7/30. Online status did change 2 business days after early FP done (7/26 - Thursday, status changed Monday immediately after). Been stuck there ever since. Received a yellow letter on Oct. 2, so I'm hoping my case is moving, but it's still just a waiting game. I'm not relying on electronic updates of any sort - just keeping an eye on the snail mail box, because ultimately, that's what counts!

i don't think you are stuck. you have not receieved the interview letter because Atlanta processing time is longer than average.

Yellow letter

Can you please explain what is yellow letter? May be a dumb question but I am new to this process.

Did you search the forums for 'yellow letter'?

I copied and pasted some old posts by me and baikal that explain:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The yellow letter is a form letter generated by a computer. It uses the same (fairly outdated and imprecise) language for all the applicants who answered "yes" to Q. 16 ("Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained") in part 10D of N-400, for any reason. So the yellow letter's text does not imply that they think you were arrested.

Here are some things I have noticed about the YL:
- Not everyone gets one
- Sometimes it only asks for state ID (like a driver's license)
- If you answered "Yes" to the N-400 question about arrests or citations (traffic tickets) the YL will have somewhat alarming language stating "you've been arrested, please bring court dispositions"
- The YL can arrive at anytime between FP and Interview.

I guess the YL is intended to be a request for supplemental information beyond what's called for in the IL, but I'm not sure why they can't be combined into one letter. If they added 2 lines to the IL asking for state ID and any court dispositions, it would cover 99% of all cases.

YL is "Yellow Letter", which is literally a yellow piece of paper sent to you by USCIS. It is not the interview letter nor is it RFE (Request for Evidence). The YL is sent sometime after fingerprinting and before the interview. It lists items that you are required to bring to the interview, but it is automatically generated based on the answers you gave in your application. For example, I did not list any traffic tickets or citations, so the YL did not say I needed to bring proof of those being paid. I do not know all the possible things that YL could ask for.
--------------------------------------------------

The Yellow Letter is for additional evidence they ask for most of it it will be about the originals of the documents you have submit with your application or some time it will be new documents that they asking for.

Can you please explain what is yellow letter? May be a dumb question but I am new to this process.

The Yellow Letter is for additional evidence they ask for most of it it will be about the originals of the documents you have submit with your application or some time it will be new documents that they asking for.

Thanks Guys for providing the info

Maybe because the U.S. election process all been delayed citizenship? ?

Maybe because the U.S. election process all been delayed citizenship?

I did my FP July 13th and my status is initial review. PD is June 25th. I called FBI they sent fingerprints results back 48 hrs after. I guess I am stuck in name check.

Ahmad my timeline matches yours almost completely and my DO is Dallas, TX. Have you heard anything new? what is your case based on ? marriage or 5 years residency? When is your anniversary's date?