Online message change

Atlanta485

Registered Users (C)
EB3 India, RD 7/01, ND 8/01,FP 3/03 , Atlanta
I used to get the 900-999 days message till yesterday, today message changed to below: What does it mean ?
Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on August **, 2001. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Some sick person inside BCIS- TSC is laughing at this joke?
or Yates is moving things ?
I see an advantage in this message though. Now we can ask the local congressperson or senator to make an appeal on our behalf since the processing time does not seem to be applying to the pending applications. Most of them always say, the processing time is 999 days, so you have to wait. Now we can say, hey the website says 30-60-90 days, what's up?

Did anybody call the 1 800 number and initiate a status enquiry- you should be able to do one in such cases...

Yes I did!

I called the 800 number and the operator told me that it is a mistake. She thought that the numbers might be months and asked me to wait

aba

Folks,
One interesting thing is that from VSC, CSC forums we don't see these kind of message changes. Few people in NSC forum got this kind of change in message. Not all of them. Is something really cooking?!!

do u still have

999 days message? but nothing is cooking it is just tsc has older cases than the rest:rolleyes:

1030 - 1090 days

I believe it means 1030-1090 days. Their database day's fields can just hold 3 digits number (remember it was 999 days, which is the largest number they can input), some entry-level programer run a update query try to change them to 1030 and 1090, which actually are converted to 30 and 90 autometically!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my doubts on that theory (raised all over the place this forum). Overflow can't explain why AP and other applications have gone from 180 to 60 days etc..

It could still be a screwup, or maybe its the start of an effort at TSC to fix things..

I'm praying its the latter

Same Message!

I just checked mine and it says the same as other folks who wrote in this forum. That is, 30-90 days instead of 900-999 days. Even though it coud be a screw up in the system ( like someone said), it still feels good (though temporarily)having seen the 900-99 days message for infinite number times :cool:

My advise is, please go and check your status before TSC corrects the system and we start seeing the same old message (sick):confused:

New theory: On the contrary, from October 1st, TSC may want to process the applications within 30-90 days. Sounds crazy huh?? Who can predict TSC.. Right??:D

Kamal

Last edited by a moderator: