Online Case Status - Why now ?

pandian09

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

As my signature states, I am waiting for the interview letter and I have already received the CFR. I have tried to use the online status from the day I filed but it never showed up -- even after I had received the CFR notice. I have been calling the 800 number for status updates. But today, I checked the status online (don't know why ??!!), and voila I saw my receipt number with the status = CASE RECEIVED AND PENDING.

Based on all the other posts, it appears that -
a) Sometimes status doesn't show up at all; and that's fine.
b) And if it did, it disappears after the interview has been scheduled ;

But mine seems to show up while my app is in Q for interview.

Has this happened to anybody else ? Does this indicate any delay to the interview scheduling ?

Thanks for your help guys ... this forum is a wealth of information ..

Mahesh

My case status showed up online at the same time that we received the PD NOA. However, we became citizens earlier in March and the case information on the site only changed once from the PD date to some other non-significant date. I think the information is only good to show that USCIS has received your petition. For real-time information about the progress of my file, I did not find it useful. However, our processing timeline overall lasted only 93 days, so the online case status was not really a big concern.

I think you worry too much. You just sent the application a couple of months back. I guess someone did some action on your application that made it magically appear in the system. I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it. Lose sleep if your case falls seriously behind processing time, but so far it seems you are moving fast in the process. By the way, it's been a while since my naturalization and I think I have missed the boat, what is that CFR notice? I assume CFR is because they quote some law from the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations).

As indicated in my sig... priority date is 03/20 but still I couldnt add my case to the portfolio. I tried to change the last digit and used the previous one and that appears with the same Priority date 03/20 but not mine. I wonder why with the same priority date, my case would not appear...

Why worry? The online status is useless except to drive you crazy. :eek:

Don't worry about it unless you have an extended delay.

It is always a good idea to go through all the previous posts, for anything similar to your case. That should take care of worrying unnecessarily !
btw. I am a citizen now, and my online status still shows pending ........

Thanks everybody for your responses ... I know I am getting antsy about the interview but there is a potential for an international job transfer .. and I want to schedule the move after the interview ... so I am eyeing the process with more interest than usual and any changes in the "normal" process -- like a sudden update to the status -- gets me a bit concerned ....

Anyway, as you all seem to suggest, I will wait and watch ..

Mahesh